PDA

View Full Version : Speer Gold Dot Tests

wyntrout
01-22-2010, 09:50 AM
I ran across this info while researching Speer Gold Dots:
Speer Gold Dot Ammunition, Ordnance Gelatin Calibration, Anatomically Correct Targets (http://www.firearmstactical.com/briefs9.htm)

Ol'coot
01-22-2010, 10:01 AM
Thanks for the link very interesting information

wyntrout
01-22-2010, 10:16 AM
You're welcome. There I found some definitive info on my present carry ammo - the Federal 135gr HS. I bought some Remington 124 gr. Golden Sabers several years ago, but I haven't tested them and I'm shooting up the HS. I need to try that CorBon 125gr +P again since polishing my feed ramps. The slop in the magazines, especially the first chambering, has the bullet hitting pretty low and failing to feed sometimes. Pushing up on the bottom of the mag works well, but shouldn't have to do that. I still love my PM9. I ordered a horsehide Crossbreed minituck and two more flush-fitting 6-round mags for the PM9. I just got the TK Kydex mag holders and should be ready to carry securely next week, if I can sort out a reliable ammo. I tried to get some 124gr GD +P, but no luck.
Wynn:)

Ol'coot
01-22-2010, 10:49 AM
I currently carry my PM9 loaded with the CorBon DPX 115gr +P. I have not done any testing on my own with ballistic jells but have shot water bottles wrapped in 4 layers of denim and was impressed with these rounds as well as other testing that I have seen on the web, I will see if I can find a link to this testing for you, I was also very impressed with the the Speer gold dot 124gr +P for short barrels and feel very comfortable with either round as i firmly believe that round placement is the most important attribute and that only practice can improve that. I think you will be very happy with the crossbreed holster, I love mine.

wyntrout
01-22-2010, 10:54 AM
Thanks, I hope so. I bought the holster for my unreceived P380N, too. I felt it only fair to splurge on my PM9.
Wynn :D