PDA

View Full Version : Range Report MK40 Night Sights and CTC

b1web
12-26-2011, 12:42 PM
I have been waiting for months to get this pistol ($$) and let me tell you, it was worth the wait. Awesome handgun period. Extremely high quality, fit and finish are excellent, very tight and crisp. It is a small .40 so as you can imagine the recoil spring is stiff but I am sure will loosen a bit over time. I ran the obligatory 200 rnds of cheap Winchester white box with no issues whatsoever. Next trip will be the HST’s.

I am not going to lie, the gun is snappy. The weight of the stainless frame helps some. I can only imagine what the poly version feels like. The extended grip does help but I bought this for summer carry so I don’t expect I will use the extended mag that often. The recoil is not THAT bad. This won't be my go to gun for plinking at the range but as a tool for what it is designed for, I can live with the tradeoffs and recoil. I can practice enough to be proficient without discomfort but wouldn't want to shoot it all day.

I got it with Trijicon night sights and it is a very natural pointer. I also got CTC grips and once I got the Lasers zeroed it was just a dream to shoot. Very accurate, trigger pull is extremely smooth and crisp on the break but VERY long (no surprises there it’s a striker fired DAO Kahr for Pete’s sake.) I tend to shoot close and fast and was very pleased with the results. My previous experience with the Kahr was an entry model lower cost CW45. There is just no comparison. The CW felt cheap from day 1 I was never happy with it so sold it to help fund this.

With an IWB this thing just disappears I am very happy. If you are on the fence or considering this pistol my advice is go for it.