PDA

View Full Version : Grey PM9?

xdgregg
01-22-2010, 11:41 PM
Hi, I'm new to the Kahr scene and the Kahr Forum.

I just bought a used PM9 online and when it got here the frame is grey, like the grips on a Lady Smith 3913, but the box says "Black Polymer Frame".

Has anyone seen one like this before?

Thanks
Gregg

kahrs&cars
01-23-2010, 02:25 AM
Hmmmmm?...a gray poly Kahr, news to me:confused: I guessing that the previous owner was dunkin the duracoat? Either that or it slipped out by mistake?

Please post a picture I would love to see it. And if by some odd chance this is a factory piece i would say you have one RARE and unique Kahr in your hands.

Either way black or gray.....

ENJOY your new found Kahr:biggrin1:

Dietrich
01-23-2010, 06:56 AM
Hello,I`m glad you found us. I`ve never seen a gray PM9 either.I wouldn`t know how to post a photo if my life depended on it but if you do,I`d love to see that little critter.I`ll bet a lot of the other folks would too. Welcome and I hope your PM9 is as dependable and worry free as mine has been.

Copper&Black
01-23-2010, 10:25 AM
Yes, please post a picture!

Ol'coot
01-23-2010, 11:53 AM
Yea, I would like to see this bad boy as well

Price
01-23-2010, 12:28 PM
Seems like we are all on the edge of our seats here, although from my expirience if no one on here knows anything about it it might be a Unicorn. I hope thats not the case and this is just a very rare kahr. Excited to see this thing

zena
01-23-2010, 05:33 PM
Please, please, please show us!

Copper&Black
01-23-2010, 10:22 PM
I call Bravo Sierra

kahrs&cars
01-24-2010, 04:36 AM
I call Bravo Sierra

And i'm guessing that's secret code for ummmmm...ahhhhh ...BS?:popcorn: Really the suspence is killing us all....Unvail that gray Kahr!!

kahrs&cars
01-24-2010, 04:48 AM
I call Bravo Sierra
Using "I call bravo sierra" is a more articulate and less crude way of saying "I call bulls*it". It also can be a coded way of letting your friends know what you think while keeping the clueless out of the circle.

Learn something new every day....thx i like it:D

jeepster09
01-24-2010, 11:34 AM
Hi, I'm new to the Kahr scene and the Kahr Forum.

I just bought a used PM9 online and when it got here the frame is grey, like the grips on a Lady Smith 3913, but the box says "Black Polymer Frame".

Has anyone seen one like this before?

Thanks
Gregg

Hmmmm :eek: And then you cleaned your glasses :w00t:

xdgregg
01-24-2010, 05:49 PM
After closer scrutiny, I think kahrs&cars may be right about the duracoat dunkin... but it looks like a good job to me and I like it...

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l24/greggr/my%20guns/CIMG2816a.jpg

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l24/greggr/my%20guns/CIMG2857.jpg

Vinikahr
01-24-2010, 06:37 PM
I dig it! Cool :84:

I remember when the S&W Sigma came out they were in that color.

Copper&Black
01-24-2010, 07:04 PM
Sweet, never doubted you for a sec. :D

wyntrout
01-24-2010, 07:23 PM
Has it been painted or coated? From the photo, it looks like the base of the grip and the leading edge of the frame might have black showing from wear.
Wynn

Vinikahr
01-24-2010, 07:51 PM
Has it been painted or coated? From the photo, it looks like the base of the grip and the leading edge of the frame might have black showing from wear.
Wynn
If you look inside the hole in the frame where the slide catch goes, it seems to be black. :84:

wyntrout
01-24-2010, 08:14 PM
If you look inside the hole in the frame where the slide catch goes, it seems to be black. :84:
That hole does appear to be gray... or is it grey?:confused: The slide rails are black and the hole is lighter than black in the shadow... And you can see strips of silver on the rails, so it's not solid gray, which doesn't bode well for the finish lasting with wear. JMHO. Or is it Q.E.D.?
Wynn

Vinikahr
01-24-2010, 08:53 PM
That hole does appear to be gray... or is it grey?:confused: The slide rails are black and the hole is lighter than black in the shadow... And you can see strips of silver on the rails, so it's not solid gray, which doesn't bode well for the finish lasting with wear. JMHO. Or is it Q.E.D.?
Wynn

It is gray but it fades to black if you look close to it.:hippie:
I was able to enlarge with the browser and very clear that is gray over black, at least in the hole.

wyntrout
01-24-2010, 08:58 PM
It is gray but it fades to black if you look close to it.:hippie:
Okay... but if the frame were sawn in half, it would be black on the inside... and we could settle this... if xdgregg would accommodate us???:eek:
Wynn:D

Wayne's World
01-25-2010, 04:49 AM
Yea, I think "wyntrout" has a good idea. Lets cut the thing in half and take a look.
:hurt:
Truth be told.... yep ! Different,...... but don't care.
It still looks like one of the best designed hand guns made today.

Vinikahr
01-25-2010, 06:18 AM
Yea, I think "wyntrout" has a good idea. Lets cut the thing in half and take a look.
:hurt:
Truth be told.... yep ! Different,...... but don't care.
It still looks like one of the best designed hand guns made today.

Sounded like Nutnfancy on his vid. :84:

wyntrout
01-25-2010, 09:20 AM
Xdgregg, please don't mind us. Some of us don't have much to do and get bored... obviously.:typing: We have to inject a bit of ?humor? sometimes.:blah::p
Wynn:)

Bawanna
01-25-2010, 02:26 PM
Seriously it looks nice to me. They did a nice job, maybe the dude was a painter and it fell in the bucket? Only the sawzall blade will tell for sure?:crazy:

xdgregg
01-25-2010, 02:32 PM
Xdgregg, please don't mind us. Some of us don't have much to do and get bored... obviously.:typing: We have to inject a bit of ?humor? sometimes.:blah::p
Wynn:)

Hey, no problemo!

All I know is that I like it and it gets plenty of attention when people see it... :D:D:D

Copper&Black
01-25-2010, 04:43 PM
Found a purple PM9 on google...

http://i373.photobucket.com/albums/oo180/CopperAndBlack/Purp-kahr.jpg

I was thinking about how good my PM9 would look in a grey to match the stainless, and coat the laser to match aswell....hmmmm

http://i373.photobucket.com/albums/oo180/CopperAndBlack/sl2.jpg

This is the place that did these, Goldenloki.com

Vinikahr
01-25-2010, 06:33 PM
Found a purple PM9 on google...

http://i373.photobucket.com/albums/oo180/CopperAndBlack/Purp-kahr.jpg

Holy cow that is the Joker's gun!:behindsofa: