PDA

View Full Version : PM9 Range Report - 2nd Trip

TxKahr
01-25-2010, 07:19 PM
I took my PM9 to the range for the second time this weekend. I ran 160 rds of Monarch 115G FMJ without a single failure of any kind. This brings my total up to 410 rounds with only one FTE at round 90 in my first trip to the range.

I did see some casings fly over my head, but I do not consider that to be a failure of the gun. None of them hit me, but it seemed the last round of the magazine would inevitibly fly above my head instead of off to the right.

TxKahr

hsart
01-25-2010, 08:00 PM
Seems to be a pattern that the PM9s that members of this forum report on perform very well during the break-in period, if not flawlessly. I like my PM45 a lot but will definitely get a PM9. Do you alternate with some rapid fire during your range time?

Vinikahr
01-25-2010, 08:15 PM
Seems to be a pattern that the PM9s that members of this forum report on perform very well during the break-in period, if not flawlessly. I like my PM45 a lot but will definitely get a PM9. Do you alternate with some rapid fire during your range time?

Most forum users will concentrate to report the negative of it, which is the minority. In here is the majority that reports the good. :eek: :4:

In-Yo-Grill
01-26-2010, 04:42 AM
Thanks for the range report. I have some of that Monarch ammo and it's dirty stuff for sure. If your PM9 ate all that stuff then it will eat just about anything. I'm just biding my time until the right deal comes along to get one myself.

deadhead1971
01-26-2010, 06:04 AM
I just got a crimson trace LG 437 for the Pm9. I have it installed, but have not shot with it yet. It does NOT reduce the grip area for your fingers. I can't tell a difference. This is the neatest gadget. It fits in the same holster. I'll create a thread in a few weeks when I can try it out.

wyntrout
01-26-2010, 08:37 AM
It's weird how the ejected cases don't fly out the same way every shot. In firing a couple of hundred rounds the last range trip, I had a few memorable from the PM9, but not the K9. I had three or four hit me on the top front of my head or forehead, and one smacked me dead center of my forehead. It's kind of like those trap machines when they are shooting out clays in random directions, but occasionally one is fired back at you.:eek: I haven't tried to figure out which position in the magazine those were, though. It would be nice to know if there's a pattern to those "headshots".:p
At least I haven't developed a flinch from those wayward cases. I have enough problems with jerking the trigger.:o I could really see that snap-capping at the light switch screw. I was able to stop that, but I will have to see if I can do that at the range. I also want to try single-handed firing with each hand. I haven't tried that yet.
Wynn:D

TxKahr
01-26-2010, 07:29 PM

Yes, I was alternating between slow shooting and rapid fire. I also shot one handed with my right and left hands without problems. I was not nearly as accurate with one hand, but I would have hit the BG enough to stop them in their tracks.

I am still getting used to the "two eyes open" method of shooting with my left hand, so those were further off target until I slowed them way down. I hope to bring the left hand in tighter with more practice.

TxKahr