PDA

View Full Version : Quick question

Natron
01-27-2010, 02:38 AM
I have the P9 right now and love it. I have been thinking aboutt getting the P45 but for some reason when I go to get it, I freeze up. Almost lke something is telling me not to get a 45acp. THe same voice...LOL...is telling me I want a full 9mm, like a Sig 226 or Beretta 92.

What are your thoughts?

Natron

Vinikahr
01-27-2010, 05:11 AM
I have the P9 right now and love it. I have been thinking aboutt getting the P45 but for some reason when I go to get it, I freeze up. Almost lke something is telling me not to get a 45acp. THe same voice...LOL...is telling me I want a full 9mm, like a Sig 226 or Beretta 92.

What are your thoughts?

Natron

I don't blame you, I too freeze every time if I had to buy a $600 dollars gun. You see, I got this rule not to spend no more than $550 dollars in a single firearm, especially in 9mm. So, for a while I had put off the purchase of a Beretta 92 in stainless steel. The Sig don't get me starter, they are very pricey, but I was able to accommodate the itch of the Sig, I bought a Sig Pro 2022 for less than $450 dollars. Now the same issues goes when buying the Kahrs, they are very expensive. Still, I owned 3 of them and I have not broken that rule $550 yet.:eek: :86:

In-Yo-Grill
01-27-2010, 06:30 AM
If you're talking CC then Kahr is the way to go. A P45 is slightly bigger than the P9 and shoots very well. I own both and I've also owned a Beretta.

If you are just looking for another gun to own then get the Sig or Beretta. If you are going to carry it then there is no better choice then the Kahr for size and concealability.

Plenty of deals out there on P45's around the $500 mark. I saw a P45 with night sights for $550 just yesterday.

recoilguy
01-27-2010, 08:02 AM
If you freeze don't buy it.

If money is what makes you freeze you are gonna be real cold.......alot!

If the voice says don't but the 45 and get a full size 9, at least in my case my voice doesn't go away until I get one. If I bought the 45 I'd have the 45 and the voice would continue. I t wouldn't stop until I had the full size 9 too.

I hate those voices.........Look at a CZ 75 or P-01 along with the Sig or Beretta. All 3 are very good, fun to own, great shooting, guns and they run off the same ammo your CCW does. My 2 cents on the subject

RCG

Bawanna
01-27-2010, 10:53 AM

What are your thoughts?

Natron

The voice must be someone who doesn't want to be hurt. Rocks, pebbles. Hummer, Prius. No brainer to me. Go for the 45. Get the 9 later, the addiction never goes away.

wyntrout
01-27-2010, 11:11 AM

What are your thoughts?

Natron

Go ahead and get the P9's big brother! As for myself, my next "baby" will be a DLC PM45 with night sights -- my "dream gun" until I ordered a P380N and picked up a DLC PM9 with night sights at a gun show, while looking for a PM45. It doesn't hurt to look for good used guns at good prices. I prefer new stuff, but every once in a while I stumble across a good deal... and sometimes I get it. Be ready to pounce, though, you can walk away ...and make up your mind... come back later, and it's gone!:( The retail prices for Kahrs are scary, but you can save hundreds with careful searching/shopping. That's why Kahr came out with the less expensive CW line.
Wynn:D

rjmcw9
01-27-2010, 05:21 PM
I too want a new 9mm. I have been kicking around a Sig P239 or a K9 Elite and can't pull the trigger (pun intended) on what to buy. Both are near the same price but can't decide if I want to actually spend that much.:2rolleyes: