PDA

View Full Version : New PM40 KAHR owner

4starrgeneral
01-28-2010, 02:39 PM
Having trouble with ammo jams - new pistol -how can I fix it?

Vinikahr
01-28-2010, 02:53 PM
More details in what kind of issues you are having, what ammo, when you bought your PM40 etc.....!

CeltKnight
01-28-2010, 03:46 PM
I broke mine in with some seemingly decent ammo. I haven't put much (if any) questionable stuff through it. That said, I had a few stoppages (feeding failures mostly, some ejection issues) initially that were traced to just the way we were holding the gun (that's me and some of our firearms instructors). The relaxed-but-firm grip like we use on our duty weapons and even mid-size compacts just does not work on the PM40 (for me and my friends, anyway). Before you give up, try this: Against the advice for nearly all other pistols, hold it like it's a snake about to bite you. LOCK your wrist and pause a second between shots until you can do it more rapidly (assuming no failures after a few mag fulls).

Failing that, yeah, let's hear exactly the sort of stoppages you're experiencing, ammo, etc. I mostly shoot 180 grainers in mine because that's what we're issued and it seems to be the most available FMJ practice ammo around here.

Good luck!

500KV
01-28-2010, 04:01 PM
My suggestion would be to put 2 or 3 hundred rounds through the gun and see what happens.
A lot of these issues clear themselves after some serious shooting; i.e. shoot it ..clean it..shoot it..clean it, etc.
Just my 2 cents.

jocko
01-28-2010, 04:14 PM

PM sent, ur ok...

Ventura
01-28-2010, 05:19 PM
Spend an evening racking the slide about a thousand times. Then take it apart and clean it. Note any rough or shiny areas. Now take it out and shoot it 200-300 times as suggest in other threads.