PDA

View Full Version : Oh Yeah! (Bushmaster M4A3 AR15) Photo inside.

Thunder71
01-25-2012, 12:10 PM
Picked up my new rifle yesterday and took it out over lunch break to feed it a healthy diet of .223 ammo, 80 rounds no problems!

I absolutely LOVE this rifle... can't wait to give it a good cleaning and shoot it some more!

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7033/6761579051_c0cd3b7758_z.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/cwnauman/6761579051/)
Bushmaster M4A3 .223/5.56 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/cwnauman/6761579051/) by N0YZE Photo (http://www.flickr.com/people/cwnauman/), on Flickr

Dueeast
01-25-2012, 12:14 PM
Sweet! I had a Bushmaster XM15 20" heavy barrel with the removable carry handle. It was ultra reliable. Good luck with yours.:D

Thunder71
01-25-2012, 12:18 PM
Thanks Dueeast!

Also, I do have a question/comment on AR's in general, to me it seems as though they are made more for left handed people, I can't imagine trying to operate this thing right handed. Everything I need is at my fingertips, and the mag release is so easy/intuitive that I won't even bother with a ambi conversion. If there's ever a misfeed or failure of some kind, all I have to do is tilt the rifle slightly and look at what's going on - no need to turn it over, etc.

Safety: Quick flip of the thumb

Bolt release: Press of the index finger

Magazine release: Just grap the magazine with right hand and press the release button with the thumb.

Charging handle: I use my right hand, either reach around underneath and use my thumb or pull it back using my index finger and middle finger.

I really can't think of anything that makes this less than superior for left handed people, I didn't even notice the spent casings.

So, for any lefties who have concerns about a standard, off the shelf AR - fear not!

KMA
01-25-2012, 12:59 PM
So sweet! Congrats. Bushmasters are nice ARs

Thunder71
01-25-2012, 01:01 PM
Thanks KMA!

LaP
01-25-2012, 01:08 PM
[QUOTE=Thunder71;127449]Also, I do have a question/comment on AR's in general, to me it seems as though they are made more for left handed people, I can't imagine trying to operate this thing right handed.
QUOTE]

That's a first for me....Having a lefty wonder how anyone can use a weapon right-handed. Now, I have to grab my M4 and see what I'm doing bass-akward.:D

Thunder71
01-25-2012, 01:13 PM
I was pleasantly surprised. With companies going all out with left handed options I expected the worst. Very easy to use left handed, I don't think I need to do a thing to it as far as that goes, if anything the righties need some reverse mods hahaha.

Sent using Tapatalk, thanks for supporting it on this site.

Ressom
01-25-2012, 01:33 PM
Awesome!

I just ordered a Colt 6920 wtih magpul furniture and PMAGs from buds on Monday. Should be here next week. Still need to order some ammo. After shooting a buddy's Rock River I was hooked! :4:

Thunder71
01-25-2012, 01:44 PM
Yeah, you really can't describe it... up until early last Friday I had no desire to own one - now I can't understand why I felt that way. :)

LaP
01-25-2012, 01:45 PM
Awesome!

I just ordered a Colt 6920 wtih magpul furniture and PMAGs from buds on Monday. Should be here next week. Still need to order some ammo. After shooting a buddy's Rock River I was hooked! :4:

As one gun-writer stated, "We, as gunners, live in some truly wonderful times."

yqtszhj
01-25-2012, 02:58 PM
Very Nice rifle. My bushmaster has never had one failure.

Keep your eye out because Cabelas will have good online sales at times on .223. About a month or so ago they had Federal AE for 5.25 per box with free shipping if you buy $150. I got some of that. It's still on sale for $5.99 but the free shipping is over. Their regular price is too high.

Thunder71
01-25-2012, 03:01 PM
That's what I'm shooting now, picked up a 100 round box for $30, thought that was a good price.

Barth
01-25-2012, 03:50 PM
I've been resisting the whole AR thingy, so far...

Generally, If I can't conceal and carry, I don't buy it.
Plus that Henry keeps whispering to me.

Oh well, no guns till a new truck - I really mean it this time - LOL!

Anyway congrats on the new gun.
Looks like a red dot is in order?

JFootin
01-25-2012, 04:49 PM
Very cool, Thunder! I'm going to have to check one out!

hpg
01-25-2012, 05:04 PM
Hard to beat a Bushy. Most just don't add up to the quality...:)

Thunder71
01-25-2012, 05:31 PM
Thanks guys! I'm really impressed with it so far...

JFootin, you'll be amazed how left-handed friendly they are (at least for me).

Looking forward to cleaning it tonight and getting to know it a little better. :)

Hmmm... what to use, what to use?
Ballistol?
Hoppes?
Remoil?
Breakfree?

tv_racin_fan
01-25-2012, 05:41 PM
Any and or all of the above or ed's red or some other concoction.

yqtszhj
01-25-2012, 06:35 PM
Thanks guys! I'm really impressed with it so far...

JFootin, you'll be amazed how left-handed friendly they are (at least for me).

Looking forward to cleaning it tonight and getting to know it a little better. :)

Hmmm... what to use, what to use?
Ballistol?
Hoppes?
Remoil?
Breakfree?

If you end up like me you'll be using Q-tips. Man there are a lot of nooks and crannies to clean in that upper receiver.

Thunder71
01-25-2012, 06:47 PM
Sure are, I use some that don't leave little fuzzies everywhere.

Sent using Tapatalk, thanks for supporting it on this site.

LaP
01-25-2012, 07:17 PM
Yup. Q-Tips, toothpicks, and a good deal of Elbow-Grease. Put some music on in the background.... it may take a while.;)

Bawanna
01-25-2012, 07:25 PM
I sold my Colt MT6700 Match 6 months ago. Didn't shoot it much. I still kind of miss it but I try not to dwell on it.

I think I got 3 brand new Mag Pul 30 rd mags I didn't let go with the gun. I might as well send them to ya as a new gun warming present. I don't foresee getting another anytime soon.

I had hoped to get close to a Springfield Scout Squad M1A with the loot but alas as usual we had a couple appliances blow up right on time. I got my MRI 1911 G and part of my Mares Leg out of the deal but that was a stretch.

Darn houses, I'm ready for the cardboard box under the bridge. Less maintenance cost.

Thunder71
01-25-2012, 07:43 PM
Bawanna, shoot me a PM - definitely interested, I can see myself going through quite a few rounds with a range within walking distance of my house. ;)

I think you need to reconsider the cardboard box however, or at least have it moved. I've read way too many stories of trolls taking up residence while you're away, and charging a toll to cross - evil little buggers they are!

Husky44
01-25-2012, 09:01 PM
Thunder: Congrats on the purchase! It's funny to read your comments about being a lefty. I shot some sort of M16 variant for 23 years, and the only lefty complaint I ever had was with the M16A1, that didn't have the built-in brass deflector. I had a few hickeys from range days.

When I went to buy my AR, the guy tried to sell me a lefty model... I would be so lost with a lefty model.

I've had more people ask the question about getting a lefty model on other forums, and some of them just can't believe that it works well without any mods at all. Better for some functions, IMHO.

Enjoy your rifle!

les strat
01-26-2012, 10:39 AM
Sweet looking AR Thunder! Congrats!

Thunder71
01-26-2012, 10:46 AM
Thanks guys!

Husky, I'm glad I'm not the only one - I thought I was doing something wrong hahaha.

LMT42
01-26-2012, 07:04 PM
I can see myself going through quite a few rounds with a range within walking distance of my house. ;)

Nice rifle! I rarely shoot mine anymore - gets expensive poking holes in paper and I hate cleaning it, especially the BCG!

LaP
01-27-2012, 11:48 AM
Nice rifle! I rarely shoot mine anymore - gets expensive poking holes in paper and I hate cleaning it, especially the BCG!

That's the fun part. It's when you get your Q-tips and toothpicks out. The more you scrape, rub and brush the more carbon you find. It's a goldmine of crud.:D