PDA

View Full Version : Promag 10 round Kahr magazines?

kahr360
01-28-2010, 05:27 PM
I was looking to see who had the best deal on official Kahr 8 round 9mm magazines,
And I saw that ProMag made some 10 Rounders.

That would be some real firepower for a backup mag,
that is if it actually functions.

Has anyone had any experience with them?

Raoul
01-28-2010, 05:37 PM
Here, this will confuse you.

Kahr magazines - THR (http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=330901)

pro mag for kahr - Google Videos (http://tinyurl.com/yfl3tsx)

Anyone using Promag mags for Kahr handguns? - TheFiringLine Forums (http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?p=719203)

Arma World • View topic - New Kahr P40, needs some work? (http://armaworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=452)

wyntrout
01-28-2010, 06:11 PM
What the hell is wrong with that crybaby that bought the used "new" K40? Look at all of the money he spent on cosmetic crap... fluted barrel?...WT#... $140 SS guide rod??!... adjustable rear sight!:confused: He obviously wanted another pistol! Then he bought a Taurus Millennium .45. I considered those years ago because I wanted a compact .45, but I saw nothing but trouble with them in online reports. The plastic frames were falling apart on the first trip to the range.
I'm looking forward to getting a PM45 within a few months. Justin Moon has kind of perfected the polymer frame with his innovations.

Oh, back to the subject of Kahr magazines -- I had problems with the PM9 7-round and the K9 7-round magazines in the PM9, but none with the 6-round, flush fitting magazine. So, I bought two more of the ones that worked best.

I am kind of worried that I just filled both guns and magazines with Remington 124gr GS that are a tight fit length-wise in the Kahr magazines... without thorough testing. I only shot one box of 25 with no problems.:p
Long-winded as usual....
Wynn:D

Raoul
01-28-2010, 06:18 PM

Oh, back to the subject of Kahr magazines -- I had problems with the PM9 7-round and the K9 7-round magazines in the PM9, but none with the 6-round, flush fitting magazine. So, I bought two more of the ones that worked best.

Hmm. Curious. I had the same issue with PM 40 mags.

I am kind of worried that I just filled both guns and magazines with Remington 124gr GS that are a tight fit length-wise in the Kahr magazines... without thorough testing. I only shot one box of 25 with no problems.:p
Long-winded as usual....Wynn:D

Only one thing to do. Go put your booger hook on the bang switch an pulllll.:D

ltxi
01-28-2010, 06:22 PM
Personally....I emphasize that....I wouldn't use ProMags in anything. I stick with oem mags in every handgun I own except 1911's.

wyntrout
01-28-2010, 06:37 PM
"Only one thing to do. Go put your booger hook on the bang switch an pulllll." That's a new one!
Yeah, I plan on doing that when I get my Double Tap +P 124gr JHP ammo in next week. Some say that the bullet is the Gold Dot?? I'm gonna try those and see if I can use them for defense loads.

mr surveyor
01-28-2010, 07:56 PM
promags are NOT worth even the cost of shipping and handling. Buy only quality mags and save your money. I would prefer to have only 2 oem or high quality magazines for each firearm than have a dozen promags for each.

that's just my opinion, your's may vary

surv

In-Yo-Grill
01-28-2010, 08:00 PM
I've used ProMags for a couple of different guns but not Kahrs. I've used them for the Ruger LCP's and the Bersa Thunder .380

Vinikahr
01-28-2010, 08:44 PM
promags are NOT worth even the cost of shipping and handling. Buy only quality mags and save your money. I would prefer to have only 2 oem or high quality magazines for each firearm than have a dozen promags for each.

that's just my opinion, your's may vary

surv

Ooppps. I bought two of them, for the price of one Kahr factory, but my intention is for the range, I already have 4 Kahrs factory. Man does things are expensive.:hippie::photo:

wyntrout
01-28-2010, 08:51 PM
And... have you seen the new parts kits for magazines, etc. at Kahr? And the price plus shipping for the magazine base plate parts? I bought my last couple batches of spares from CTD at just under $30 each plus shipping -- best in-stock deal I could find. I'm "thrifty" about a lot of things, but can blow $100 out the barrels of my guns on one range visit! I'll be glad when I can shoot mostly range fodder!:p

Vinikahr
01-28-2010, 08:59 PM
And... have you seen the new parts kits for magazines, etc. at Kahr? And the price plus shipping for the magazine base plate parts? I bought my last couple batches of spares from CTD at just under $30 each plus shipping -- best in-stock deal I could find. I'm "thrifty" about a lot of things, but can blow $100 out the barrels of my guns on one range visit! I'll be glad when I can shoot mostly range fodder!:p

Yes I miss the boat at CTD on the PM9 Flush magazine is $36.95 shipped a saving of 10 bones!:eek:

wyntrout
01-28-2010, 09:16 PM
This last order:
Products Ordered:
Item Description Quantity Price
27412 Kahr Arms PM9 Magazine with Flush Baseplate, 9mm, 6 Rounds, Stainless Steel 2 @$29.16 each = 58.32
46034 Kahr TP45/P45 Mag, .45 ACP, 7 Rounds, Stainless Steel 1 $30.07
Total with shipping was $98.79, so the shipping was $10.40 making the cost per mag delivered lower. That much money would have bought only two mags from Kahr... maybe.
Wynn

Oh, I got the .45 for my future PM45 and sent it to Tactical Kydex for 2 pairs of mag holders, IWB and OWB. I have two IWB and one OWB each for the 9mm and the .380 as of today.:D

Vinikahr
01-28-2010, 09:38 PM
This last order:
Products Ordered:
Item Description Quantity Price
27412 Kahr Arms PM9 Magazine with Flush Baseplate, 9mm, 6 Rounds, Stainless Steel 2 @$29.16 each = 58.32
46034 Kahr TP45/P45 Mag, .45 ACP, 7 Rounds, Stainless Steel 1 $30.07
Total with shipping was $98.79, so the shipping was $10.40 making the cost per mag delivered lower. That much money would have bought only two mags from Kahr... maybe.
Wynn

Oh, I got the .45 for my future PM45 and sent it to Tactical Kydex for 2 pairs of mag holders, IWB and OWB. I have two IWB and one OWB each for the 9mm and the .380 as of today.:D

So, you where the one that took all the PM9 flush magazines?:eek:

wyntrout
01-28-2010, 09:43 PM
Only Two! That's all I thought I would need. At the range I have three K9 + the PM9 7-round. Did they run out of the 6-round 9mm?:o
Wynn:behindsofa:
The "early worm" and all that!:D

Vinikahr
01-28-2010, 10:18 PM
Only Two! That's all I thought I would need. At the range I have three K9 + the PM9 7-round. Did they run out of the 6-round 9mm?:o
Wynn:behindsofa:
The "early worm" and all that!:D

Yes! Out of stock yesterday.:ohmy:

paul0660
01-29-2010, 12:32 AM
I have 2 8 promag 8 rounders that work fine EXCEPT that they don't hold the slide open when empty. I would consider a 10 rounder for my second mag.

wyntrout
01-29-2010, 12:38 AM
Yes! Out of stock yesterday.:ohmy:
Avis Matutina Deprehendit Vermem:001_tt2:

I couldn't resist the Latin dig.

tv_racin_fan
01-29-2010, 10:32 AM
I kept going to my local shop again and again and asking about mags. One day I asked and one guys tells me they have none. Speaking to another guy and buying some ammo I tell him at least I got some ammo, they didn't have what I wanted. Turns out he knew where the mags were. Two mags for $25 each. Went by there the other day and there were two more on the shelf, same price.

These are the factory 7 round 9mm mags. I went to a sister shop the other day and found a large stack of mags for 40 and 45. I'd love to have some more of the metal base plates but I aint payin an arm and a leg for em.

wyntrout
01-29-2010, 10:50 AM
It took me almost a second to figure out your location. Ha! Ha! Great price on the mags! Some employees are more up to speed on stuff, especially if they unload and shelve the products.:)
Wynn

500KV
01-29-2010, 10:53 AM
This outfit has the 6 rd PM9 mags for $28.42.
Don't know what shipping is though.
MAG KAHR PM9 & MK9 9MM 6RD FLUSH Kahr Arms MAGAZINE 9MM 6Rd Stainless MK9 (http://store.tradingpostsupply.com/mgkamk620.html)

I bought a holster from them once and they seem to be legit.

wyntrout
01-29-2010, 10:59 AM
Vinikahr said I beat him to a couple from CTD and I was sympathetic (see previous post). Maybe that will help him. I just got my Minituck and am trying it out with my PM9 sitting here. It takes a bit to stuff all that in my shorts after I put on some with a belt. My tee shirt is too tight, though. I put on large ones for CCW, but it's hard to keep polos from shrinking in the dryer -- they get shorter and wider -- not very stylish or concealing.:( The growing abdomen doesn't help, either.)

Vinikahr
01-29-2010, 11:08 AM
Avis Matutina Deprehendit Vermem:001_tt2:

I couldn't resist the Latin dig.

Tienes mucha razón!

Could not resit the Spanish dig!:eek:

Vinikahr
01-29-2010, 11:13 AM
This outfit has the 6 rd PM9 mags for $28.42.
Don't know what shipping is though.
MAG KAHR PM9 & MK9 9MM 6RD FLUSH Kahr Arms MAGAZINE 9MM 6Rd Stainless MK9 (http://store.tradingpostsupply.com/mgkamk620.html)

They want $12.03 :eek:via UPS that is kind of stiff, knowing that most order can be shipped for about $7(man this merchant wants to make money on the shipping):31:, still you save about $7 this way.

wyntrout
01-29-2010, 11:30 AM
Tienes mucha razón!

Could not resit the Spanish dig!:eek:

I understand and I noticed that you used the familiar second person tense. Are you talking down to a child, or to a friend... or both!:D

Maybe if you talk to TV_racing_fan you can get him to buy you a couple of those $25 ones and drop them into a Priority Mail Envelope for about $5.00. If you both have verified PayPal accounts, personal transaction money can be exchanged quickly. Just a thought.:)
Wynn

wyntrout
01-29-2010, 11:40 AM
Off topic... but I have to share this :D :

ltxi
01-29-2010, 08:03 PM
Cool.....

kahr360
01-29-2010, 10:31 PM
Thanks guys for the info, I
think I’ll file it under ” if I can find one cheap I'll buy it and see how it works.” :D

jwr
01-29-2010, 11:35 PM

I bought the J.I.T. holster for my CW9 from them. They must drop ship because I ordered it very early Monday morning and it arrived here in Dallas Tuesday afternoon (the next day). $9 for shipping--UPS Ground.