PDA

View Full Version : CW9 holster compatibility?

LLDJR
01-29-2010, 07:49 AM
I tired to buy a Fobus Holster FB-HT-C21BRP holster to hold me over until my DM Bullard Tuckable IWB holster arrives,

but the Fobus, model number above, does not fit at all, I had to yank the CW9 out of the Fobus to get it out.

Does the Blade Tech Holster fit any better and are the CW9's compatible with the PM9 or K9 or P9 etc ? it does not appear so.

What have you guys found?

peterj
01-29-2010, 08:48 AM
I've had a Fobus before and acccording to the website, if it fits a P9, it should fit a CW9. Fobus' retention system grips around the trigger guard and to remove the gun you're supposed to snap it out with a quick yank.

LLDJR
01-29-2010, 09:49 AM
I've had a Fobus before and acccording to the website, if it fits a P9, it should fit a CW9. Fobus' retention system grips around the trigger guard and to remove the gun you're supposed to snap it out with a quick yank.

Wow, the one I had took a two hand monster yank, maybe I got a tight one. I sent it back because I could not conceive of a holster being that tight.

I might try another and see if it works.

paul0660
01-29-2010, 10:04 AM
Doesn't the fobus have an adjustment screw? It is supposed to take a jerk to get it out.

LLDJR
01-29-2010, 12:07 PM
Yes it does have any adjustment screw, but with the screw adjustment completely loose, I could not get it out of the holster without holding the holster and pulling very hard on the gun,

It was so tight that I just figured that the gun does not fir that model number.

I like having the ability to take the holster on/off quickly/easily this is why I was checking it out.

jfrey
01-29-2010, 12:50 PM
Get something in leather. You'll be a lot happier.

LLDJR
01-29-2010, 01:52 PM
Get something in leather. You'll be a lot happier.

Yep, i have a DM Bullard Tuck on order, 7 more weeks before it arrives, I hope

http://estore.websitepros.com/stores/1565531/catalog/Tuckable%20Kahr%20033.JPG