PDA

View Full Version : Tp45????

opr1945
02-01-2012, 07:49 AM
I am new to kahrs. I have laid away a TP45. It just felt good in the store. Didn't even consider other 45's.

Now I realize they make other 45's: CW, P, PM. Now I am wondering If I got the "right" one for me?

When I look at the chart on the Kahr website looks to me like the only real difference is size and some weight.

Any other differences? Anyone with an opinion on these guns? Comparison?

Strong points? Weak points?

Thanks

jlottmc
02-01-2012, 08:29 AM
You got a fine shooter, follow the proper prep and lube stickies, you'll be fine. The TP45 is the largest 45 that Kahr makes, and holds one round (7+1) over the P/CW series. The closest thing in size to the TP45 is a true 1911 commander (4.25" bbl as opposed to a 4" bbl). You might get lucky and be able to use 1911 magazines in that with little to no modification (see the thread about flush fitting 1911 mags). I would probably have a TP45 in addition to my P and the wife's CW 45 if I had some extra coin rolling around. I might even consider it for duty carry too. Before the flame throwers come out, remember 1911's are on many a cops hip these days as is the commander. You will find yourself in a bit of a minority, but there is some snob appeal to that around here. Welcome to the asylum.

Bawanna
02-01-2012, 09:13 AM
The TP45 is a great gun. You'll like it a lot and now doubt there will be a little one to roll with it in the future.

The rules have changed in our area some and most depts are once again allowing 1911's. Seeing more and more of them. Our detectives are allowed, so far no one has been approved the 1911 for duty.