PDA

View Full Version : mk9 back from Kahr fixed properly?

kerby9mm
02-02-2012, 02:50 AM
My mk9 came back yesterday for the 2nd time with what I thought was the striker cocking cam going up too high making the slide stick. Jason called and said I was right about the cam so they reworked it and it is now right. I asked him if the trigger pivot pin was put in correctly and he said yes. When I received the gun back the first thing I did was to lock the slide back and drop the mag. The mag didn't drop and was dragging slightly to pull out. I look at the nag because the one it came with shot out freely. Its a different mag a new one that says 9-6 Kahr,the old one said mk Kahr. The new mag was a nice thought but it doesn't work right. As if the person working on the gun didn't notice. Funny thing is put a round in the mag it slides in right so I guess this new mag has flex to it The cocking cam issue is resolved the mag thing Iwill call today and request my old ome. The last issue is the worker broke the top of the trigger pivot pin off so now it is countersunk. The top of the pin is not even but like a twisted off screw. Has anyone ever heard of a gunsmith that would just leave things this way.

apheod
02-02-2012, 04:30 AM
Yeah, Jason sent my k9 back to me screwed up 3 times. The 2nd time he created an additional problem, and the last 2 times he called me before sending it back, and assured me that what I described to him on the phone was no longer happening. When I recieved it back, pulled it out of the package, it was. He understood what I meant both times.

eltee
02-02-2012, 07:56 PM
No offense to Kahr employees, but I wonder if all the people working on warranty issues qualify as gunsmiths. They may just train people up to deal with specific issues, without an all around background and understanding of auto pistols. Any thoughts?

CJB
02-02-2012, 08:15 PM
Probably more like, they have a great assembly person, who "graduates" to reworking non-satisfactory before a gun leaves the plant. Do well there and you get to work on customer's pistols.

kerby9mm
02-03-2012, 01:33 AM
Any old way was the way cars were made before the competition came along with a supposedly better product then the rumor of quality is job one was bestowed on American cars. Its still about how fast you can make and sell a product. Profit is job one.

kerby9mm
02-03-2012, 10:37 PM
I e-mailed Rich at Kahr on Friday and after a while he called me to apologize for the foulups and that they are paying shipping both ways to fix my mk9 right. There is NO BETTER customer service than that.

FLBri
02-04-2012, 07:15 AM
Glad to here that Kerby. Kahr "quality control" may be suspect ... but I have great confidence in there customer service commitments. They have always done right by me ... though maybe not as readily as we might like.