PDA

View Full Version : PM-9 trigger pull change

lyon
01-31-2010, 09:31 AM
I have a somewhat perplexing problem on my new PM-9.. The gun is fairly new (about 2 weeks old) & has a little over 600 rounds through it..

The issues seems to be the trigger pull- On first trigger pull after the gun sits a few hours or overnight the pull is high effort & very creepy/sticky feeling.. After a few dry fires or shooting a few rounds the trigger pull smoothes out & feels down right nice,, very smooth & the effort is within reason..

As of yet I haven’t figured out if the trigger pull change is due to striker cycling or the gun heating up in the handle area due to warm a hand on the grip, or other..

Anybody else noticed this on their PM-9 or have any ideas what it causing this..

Darn nice trigger pull when it slicks up & downright nasty trigger pull on first or second shot after it sits for a while..

Any thoughts on this?

Lyon

jocko
01-31-2010, 10:22 AM
Lyon

PM sent..

lyon
02-01-2010, 11:05 AM
OK, more to add on this one—

After some more testing on my part I think I have identified the problem.. It seems to be my trigger finger dragging & sticking as it moves along the lower trigger guard plastic..

I found that if I lubricate my trigger finger with silicone or even hand cream I get that nice smooth trigger pull even after all night sitting & on the first shot..

--I have tried polishing the lower trigger guard (no help,, even made it worse)
--Tried waxing the lower trigger guard (no help)
--Silicone grease is best or hand cream seems to do the trick..

That plastic frame material is just not conducive to a smooth slide of the finger along the plastic..

I do have somewhat fat fingers with rough skin so maybe that is a good part of it but just no way to pull that trigger without my finger riding along the lower plastic trigger guard..

So with the problem tentatively identified all I need to do now is to tell the mugger to “wait a minute while I dip my finger” before I can accurately shoot him.. I’m sure most will comply!

Lyon