PDA

View Full Version : New Mass Shooter in Heaven!

dougdeb
01-31-2010, 12:21 PM
I think I've died and gone to Heaven, or at least as close as you can in Mass. I discovered the AZSA website the other day and couldn't believe it. This is the shooting program for me! I've tried SASS but I am not a Cowboy. But I've been a gangster since I was 6 according to my mother. Right now my firearms collection is undergoing some changes so I don't have anything that I can use in AZSA. But, I've got my eye on a Remington 51. Can't wait to start building the collection.
I've seen the recommendations for the Fedora Lounge for costume research. Does anyone have any recommendations for holster makers or pattern-researching?
Thanks for everything in advance and I can't wait till the snow melts and shooting begins....

Doug

wyntrout
01-31-2010, 12:29 PM
I think I've died and gone to Heaven, or at least as close as you can in Mass. I discovered the AZSA website the other day and couldn't believe it. This is the shooting program for me! I've tried SASS but I am not a Cowboy. But I've been a gangster since I was 6 according to my mother. Right now my firearms collection is undergoing some changes so I don't have anything that I can use in AZSA. But, I've got my eye on a Remington 51. Can't wait to start building the collection.
I've seen the recommendations for the Fedora Lounge for costume research. Does anyone have any recommendations for holster makers or pattern-researching?
Thanks for everything in advance and I can't wait till the snow melts and shooting begins....

Doug

Man! That was a catchy thread title. I just had to see how a mass-shooter got into heaven!!:p
Wynn

Bawanna
01-31-2010, 02:11 PM
Got me too. Take the ball and run with it. Keep us posted on the sought after collection.

Dietrich
01-31-2010, 04:42 PM
Yes,by all means,pursue that collection with everything you`ve got. You have an entire forum of people hoping for your success. :)

zena
01-31-2010, 05:07 PM
Yup. Got me too. I was hoping I could get my ticket punched since I am also in MA. Good luck and keep us informed.

The Boilermaker
02-01-2010, 01:29 PM
We ran Zootshooters matches last year at Copicut Rifle Association in North Dartmouth, Mass. We'll be putting together our 2010 schedule soon.

Zoot Shooters (http://www.zootshooters.com/)

dougdeb
02-02-2010, 05:23 AM
I saw the photos from last years' match on the website. I can't wait. I'm located more in Central Mass, but I'm already planning the trip down.
Doug

johnh
02-03-2010, 06:51 AM
Thompson SBR, Thompson SBR, Thompson SBR.....

Rats, saying it over and over again is not getting it out of my system...

:D

You guys and your Shooting Gallery episode are going to cost me a bunch of money!

John

medezyner
02-03-2010, 09:11 AM
But, I've got my eye on a Remington 51. Can't wait to start building the collection.

Doug

Welcome aboard Doug, good to see more of my brother/sister shooters just over the border in MA on this forum. That Rem 51 looks like an interesting piece. Had to do a little research on it. Better scoop it up b/f I come down there and grab it (kidding). Sounds like that AZSA could be addictive. Good luck.

dougdeb
02-03-2010, 05:12 PM
I went by the gun shop yesterday and took another look at the Remington 51. It's in rough shape. The bore looks pretty worn and the exterior in missing most of the finish. Plus the grips are extremely loose. The dealer offered it to me at great price, but I'm not sure if it's worth it. I really need to just save the money for the 1911 that I'll need for AZSA.
Thanks,
Doug

The Hustler
02-04-2010, 03:57 PM
Doug,

Welcome to the forum and to the Zoot Shooters' world. I'm glad our creation has sparked so much excitement. I would like to come to MA this year to shoot some capers. I spoke to a few of the Kahr / Auto-Ordnance employees at the SHOT Show that live in the northeast and it sounded like they were going to try to make it to Copicut matches as well. Hopefully, The Boilermaker and The Fixer with give me some dates to post on the website soon. Thanks to you and everyone for the support!

The Hustler