PDA

View Full Version : P9 owner.

Natron
01-31-2010, 04:36 PM
I have been a P9 owner for a few years now. I have been in the market for a 45. Since I like Kahr so much should I go with a P45 or venture out into a different brand. I own no other handguns.

Natron

jwr
01-31-2010, 05:08 PM
I looked at the P45 and CW45 and was pretty impressed. Very nice looking guns.

But for me, a .45 will always mean a 1911--I'm just old fashioned that way :)

http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn69/jerrywrussell/colt-100.jpg

BTW, I high recommend a .45 for anyone with aging eyes--it makes it much easier to see the holes in the target! :D

ripley16
01-31-2010, 05:17 PM
I've been considering the Beretta 8045, just to experience the rotary barrel. Something different. Besides a P45, my only other .45 is a HK. They are very well made. Mine is a Elite model and by far my most accurate pistol. An HK45 would be nice too.

Price
01-31-2010, 08:04 PM
I have a cw45 that I could not be happier with but I also have an xd 45 that I am just as happy with. Personally I think if your looking for a carry gun kahr is the way to go hands down on the other hand if your looking for a full size 45 I would go with something else. I am of course partial to the XD.

jwr
01-31-2010, 08:17 PM
I have a cw45 that I could not be happier with but I also have an xd 45 that I am just as happy with. Personally I think if your looking for a carry gun kahr is the way to go hands down on the other hand if your looking for a full size 45 I would go with something else. I am of course partial to the XD.
Price, I came really close to buying the CW45 when I bought my CW9. I love my Colt but that CW45 is a nice little package. I think the main thing that stopped me was the price of ammo. 9mm, around here anyway, is less than half the price.

How's the recoil on that one?

I have an XD9sc and couldn't be happier with it. I've never tried the XD in .45 but I think the entire XD line is rock solid. Mine is probably the most dependable pistol I've owned. They not too flashy but man they feel great to me--much more so than a Glock for some reason.

Natron
02-01-2010, 08:50 PM
Thanks guys.
I need to get my wife back out to the range. Before kids she was really into it and now not much so anymore.
I think I would like to look at a carry 45 for myself, wither the P45 or look at a whole different line.
If I got a 45 I would give the P9 to my wife. She is familiar with it and shot it well. Either I woud giver her that P9 or maybe a an LCR.
Either way there will be a new gun in the safe:4: