PDA

View Full Version : New PM 9

jkalantzis
02-02-2010, 12:21 PM
Just purchased my first Kahr. I went into the store with the intentions of adding another Glock to my collection. After trying to conceal a G26 my thoughts headed over to Kahr. All I can say is that from the feeling and the ease of concealment, WOW what a nice gun. I can't wait to break her in.

jocko
02-02-2010, 12:26 PM
Just purchased my first Kahr. I went into the store with the intentions of adding another Glock to my collection. After trying to conceal a G26 my thoughts headed over to Kahr. All I can say is that from the feeling and the ease of concealment, WOW what a nice gun. I can't wait to break her in.

to the kahr tech site and hit on the kahr lube thread. This is a must. nice gun enjoy, take your time with it. READ THE MANUAL AND THEN WHEN DONE. REREAD IT AGAIN..

PM sent

wyntrout
02-02-2010, 12:35 PM
Especially the part about dis-assembly!:blushing: I already had a K9 and figured I could at least take the PM9 apart without reading the manual... WRONG!:rolleyes:
Wynn:)

deadhead1971
02-02-2010, 01:07 PM
Don't forget to "sling-shot" the first round with the slide lock/release otherwise the top round will nose dive on the feed ramp. :) This is a normal quirk, and the manual talks about this.

In-Yo-Grill
02-02-2010, 01:08 PM
Yep...break her down, clean and lube her up again before taking it to the range. Welcome to the club.

jocko
02-02-2010, 01:44 PM
Don't forget to "sling-shot" the first round with the slide lock/release otherwise the top round will nose dive on the feed ramp. :) This is a normal quirk, and the manual talks about this.

IMO 75% of FTF issues are due to improper "hand" racking to load the first round,

Agree or not???????

deadhead1971
02-02-2010, 01:48 PM
I don't know. I've sling-shotted it since day 1.

Vinikahr
02-02-2010, 01:49 PM
Congratulations!
When breaking in if possible wear gloves, that really helps.:33:

wyntrout
02-02-2010, 02:00 PM
jkalantzis, I forgot, welcome to the forum.
I got a new-to-me PM9 this month an am looking forward to my next range trip(#3) after I get my Double Tap 124grain +P JHP (Gold Dot?)ammo and to test my newly polished ramps -- K9 and PM9.:)
Wynn

getsome
02-02-2010, 02:40 PM
Welcome to Kahrtalk jkalantzis....You came to the right place...Pleanty of nice folks here with a wealth of information if you need it....DO read the manual as you will learn something, Your Kahr is a great little pistol and will shoot well but the part about the 200 round break in is a must as is the loading from a full magazine being done from the slide stop and not by hand... I have a CW40 and can slingshot the first round now but every now and then it will jam....The slingshot has to be very abrupt, almost violent as anything less will cause a first round jam...Your gun is smaller and is more prone to doing this....Enjoy her my friend and let us all know how it goes....:cool:

Vinikahr
02-02-2010, 03:21 PM
jkalantzis, I forgot, welcome to the forum.
I got a new-to-me PM9 this month an am looking forward to my next range trip(#3) after I get my Double Tap 124grain +P JHP (Gold Dot?)ammo and to test my newly polished ramps -- K9 and PM9.:)
Wynn

How long those double tap rounds take to arrive after ordering?:eek:

wyntrout
02-02-2010, 03:40 PM
How long those double tap rounds take to arrive after ordering?:eek:
Looking at my order info, I ordered 1213 PM EST on the 28th and the suckers just departed Salt Lake City this morning:

In Transit - Rescheduled
Your shipment is moving within the UPS network and should be delivered on the posted Rescheduled Delivery Date. A shipment can remain in this status until it is delivered. Other than time-definite air deliveries, shipments are generally delivered anytime between the hours of 9 a.m. and 7 p.m. to residences, and by close of business for commercial addresses. UPS cannot schedule a specific delivery time within that window.

What should I do if I'm expecting a delivery?
This is the most up-to-date information about the status of your shipment. For residential deliveries that require a signature, you can leave instructions for the driver if no one will be home. For example, you can ask that it be delivered to a neighbor who will be home. Shipments that don't require a signature can be left in a safe place at the driver's discretion.

In Transit - Rescheduled
Rescheduled Delivery Date:
02/05/2010
Shipped To:
JACKSONVILLE, FL, US
Shipped/Billed On:
01/29/2010
Type:
Package
Service:
GROUND
Weight:
4.00 Lbs

Need to send e-mail notifications?

Use UPS Quantum View NotifyŽ to send delivery or exception notifications.

E-mail Notifications

To view additional tracking information, please log in to My UPS.
Location Date Local Time Description What's This?
SALT LAKE CITY, UT, US 02/02/2010 6:52 A.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
02/02/2010 12:01 A.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
CEDAR CITY, UT, US 02/01/2010 7:52 P.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
02/01/2010 7:02 P.M. ORIGIN SCAN
US 01/29/2010 6:49 P.M. BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

Tracking results provided by UPS: 02/02/2010 5:25 P.M. ET.
I posted the results above.
For info I bought four boxes @ #36.95 each box of 50= $147.80 + $14.23 shipping for a total of $162.03 for an average price of $0.81 each, or $16.20 a box of 20 delivered. We're used to buying defense ammo in boxes of 20 0r 25, so this isn't too bad. At the gun show Saturday, I was trying to sell some of my other defense ammo and my .380 Critical Defense by walking around with a placard I made with card stock and MS Word with string holding one front and back. I hardly gotten in the door, when a guy asked about the .380 ammo. He bought a box at $25 -- I was asking $27 a box or all 5 boxes (of 25) for $125. I sold the other four to a dealer for $85, which got my money back and paid for my ticket. I was there late and only for an hour or so. I didn't sell any of the "extra" 9mm -- CorBon +P 125gr, Rem 124 GS, and Fed 135 Gr HS.
I have eight boxes(20 per BIG box) of .380 Buffalo Bore +P 90gr bonded-JHP for for my not-yet-received P380N! I hope that will suffice, plus I have 700 rounds of FMJ target fodder.:D
No short answers from me.:o
Wynn

Short answer: 8 days, maybe. :)

Vinikahr
02-02-2010, 04:59 PM
OIC:eek:

I was expecting a shipment Saturday and UPS(I really do not like them) was late blaming on the weather the package already arrived the sorting facility at 8:14 am and they updated the status at 8:15 am as to be rescheduled, I called and gave them a piece of my mind, and told them, that if the package was not delivered by 11:59am that day, that I wanted my money back.

The package did arrived 11:30am that day. You see they expect (as most people) to do nothing and swallow whatever pathetic excused to be late, in my case weather was not an issue, but that was the excused they used for their lateness, I explained that this information was easy verifiable on the internet and there was no mayor issue with the weather in S. Florida.

That makes me wonder if the Airlines still uses the weather as an excuse when they are late or canceling their flight, those darn I-phones will tell you everything you need to know and of course the weather.:roll::eek:

wyntrout
02-02-2010, 05:05 PM
Normally, UPS doesn't deliver on Saturday -- That's an extra cost deal. I don't like that. I hate ordering stuff just before the weekend because they seem not to work then.:confused:
Wynn

Vinikahr
02-02-2010, 05:08 PM
Normally, UPS doesn't deliver on Saturday -- That's an extra cost deal. I don't like that. I hate ordering stuff just before the weekend because they seem not to work then.:confused:
Wynn

Yeah they work Saturday, I asked and said that they do and of course a premium was paid and cover by the sender for being late in sending the package.:behindsofa:

wyntrout
02-02-2010, 05:15 PM
Well, I have to go be "domestic". My wife's on her two-day break and I'm the chief cook and bottle washer. Parts are in and the dishwasher is getting fixed tomorrow... I hope! Gotta grill salmon and nuke some Birdseye garlic pasta and veggies... with shrimp in it. I don't know if they stopped making the regular garlic pasta with veggies, but I can't find it anymore. That happens with a lot of things.:confused:
Take care, all!
Wynn:D

Vinikahr
02-02-2010, 05:24 PM
Well, I have to go be "domestic". My wife's on her two-day break and I'm the chief cook and bottle washer. Parts are in and the dishwasher is getting fixed tomorrow... I hope! Gotta grill salmon and nuke some Birdseye garlic pasta and veggies... with shrimp in it. I don't know if they stopped making the regular garlic pasta with veggies, but I can't find it anymore. That happens with a lot of things.:confused:
Take care, all!
Wynn:D

Best!:D

mx5fan
02-03-2010, 11:59 AM
JK, Welcome to the Forum...a great 'lil place on the net.

I hope you love your Kahr as much as most of the folks here. I've had a couple of other sub-compact guns and they just didn't compare to the Kahr. My PM9 has been flawless and just perfect for concealment.

By the way, post some pics when you get a chance...always nice to see more PM9s.