PDA

View Full Version : TP9, finding the new model (long grip) at a decent price?

chrish
02-15-2012, 07:31 PM
Anybody seen a TP9, w/ the longer grip, anywhere for less than around $525-535. Seems that's about the best price I can find, but in most cases the listing LOOKS like it's for the old TP9...which i find hard to believe. I think CTD has it for around 535, correct listing, new model, etc. GAG is about $10 less but I'm waiting on confirmation from them on the actual grip/frame size and mag capacities.

But I was just curious if anyone has run across it for a good price (new or used in mint condition, either).

Thanks,
- Chris

ripley16
02-16-2012, 05:30 AM
Curious; what is CTD and GAG?

I generally use Bud's Gun Shop as my price comparison standard against other internet sellers and Bud's current price is $540. If you found one for $525, then that may be the deal. Have you looked on Gunbroker, GunsAmerica or Auction Arms?

chrish
02-16-2012, 07:16 AM
CTD=cheaper than dirt
GAG=Grabagun

Sorry, seen those acronyms used elsewhere and have a bad habit of doing that. But those 2 places have prices around $525-535, plus shipping it's gonna be around 540 as well. Problems is, and I don't know which was which, and this includes Buds, with regard to the version of the TP9. Some places are showing (pict and description) the old short grip version, others show the new version. All of them indicate new in box, and I find it hard to believe there are still NEW short grip models out there NEW.

Saw that price on Bud's and it's looking like, whether shipping is free or a small charge, that I'm looking at around 540 + $25 for my local FFL. If that's the best price, so be it. I just thought maybe some folks knew of places to shop that don't typically come up in search engines.

Yes, checked gunbroker and guns america, nothing cheaper or nothing at all. Didn't know of auction arms, so I'll check that out.

Thanks...

ripley16
02-16-2012, 07:56 AM
Thanks for answering my question. The current TP9 has the long grip. Even after two years of showing the wrong photo, Bud's still hasn't changed their TP9 display. The chance of finding a new short grip is probably very low. I don't think they made many... I know I've never even seen one and I go gun shopping pretty often.

JFootin
02-19-2012, 02:03 PM
Here's one customized by C&S: http://www.gunsinternational.com/Kahr-TP45-Cylinder-Slide-Custom.cfm?gun_id=100230563

And one for much less in an inventory reduction sale:
http://www.gunsinternational.com/KAHR-Collection.cfm?gun_id=100228535

chrish
02-19-2012, 03:36 PM
ripley, thanks, that's kinda my thought. i've never seen a TP period, old or new. so i'm kinda thinking that there are no 'new in box' old TP9 models out there.

thanks jfootin, but looks like there are only TP45s at those two links. Looking for a TP9.

I actually have an email in to JetGuns, they have it listed for $496 and because they are pretty close to where I live, shipping was < $10. So I think I'll definitely buy if they confirm tomorrow when they open that they have the new one.

Just trying to avoid getting the old model, not because I'm concerned about it being old, but I already have a P9 and I want the extra round...basically will become my range gun (and hopefully IDPA if I get up the nerve).

chrish
02-20-2012, 12:55 PM
so, next question, curious your thoughts...

i've found a good deal but they can't confirm whether it's OLD or NEW w/ regard to the grip/frame and mags. so i could order it, but i have NO INTEREST in the old model w/ the P9 being my CCW. i only want the new model.

my question is, how 'desired' is the OLD model should i get it and want to unload it immediately. just curious if there are folks here that are actively looking for an OLD TP9 if this were to show up as such.

personally, i think it's the NEW model and it's just a outdated listing. probably slim slim slim chance it's OLD. but, i can't take a chance on being stuck w/ the OLD model and my limited gun funds.

just seems from time to time, people actually want the OLD model for grip concealability and no Kahr seems to last long up for sale on the forum here.

ripley16
02-20-2012, 03:48 PM
I would wonder why the seller can't tell you what it is he's selling. That's a red flag to me, especially if it's an internet sale.

chrish
02-20-2012, 05:40 PM
it was jetguns (reputable from reviews i've read) and ultimately they were able to check. i emailed back to their first response and just politely asked that if i got it and it wasn't a new version, what was their return policy and restocking fee in this case. but when that response came, the guy had gotten a chance to catch his warehouse guy and phyically located the TP9...and it was in fact a new model, 8 round mags, etc. so i am now at the crossroads, have found exactly what i want, almost ready to pull the trigger, and the little devils sitting on my shoulders are arguing between TP9 and PPQ. i'm gonna let 'em fight it out for the moment.

Tinman507
02-20-2012, 05:46 PM
I know nothing about the TP9. I know nothing about you. But here's my take.
You wrote about this gun 5 different times and fretted over it old vs new. You found one exactly to your liking. Confirmed with the vendor it's what you want.
PULL THE TRIGGER on it!!!!
You're gonna regret not buying it.
Seems to me there aren't that many of these things floating around. there are only 3 listed on Gunbroker right now.
If it's horrible and doesn't fit your hand, I doubt you'll have any trouble selling it in a hurry.

chrish
02-20-2012, 06:15 PM
tinman, thanks, i think? :-)

you evidently DO know me, regardless of the gun choice. in fact, are you sure you are not my wife incognito. she keeps telling me the time i spend arguing w/ myself over which this-or-that to purchase and where to get it for $5 less, that i can make it up working or doing something useful. haha.

done. ordered. not looking back. PPQ will come at a later date, just couldn't decide which would be more fun for me for the forseeable future.

thanks for the nudge. sorry to drag everyone into my pit of indecision.

Tinman507
02-20-2012, 06:18 PM
that's what we're here for.
Good luck with it.

chrish
02-27-2012, 10:47 PM
Ahhhhhh. Picked up the TP9 today after a painful wait on the vcheck backlog going on here in virginia. Cleaned. Will lube tomorrow night. Hopefully to the range this weekend. Been awhile since I broke my P9 in, forgot how tight they are. Trigger is just ROUGH. It'll be nice once I get a few hundred rounds through it.

Antriess
02-29-2012, 04:48 PM
Ahhhhhh. Picked up the TP9 today after a painful wait on the vcheck backlog going on here in virginia. Cleaned. Will lube tomorrow night. Hopefully to the range this weekend. Been awhile since I broke my P9 in, forgot how tight they are. Trigger is just ROUGH. It'll be nice once I get a few hundred rounds through it.

Congrats! Wish I only had to wait 9 days to get my first pistol. I'm looking at a 4-6 month wait.

chrish
02-29-2012, 05:24 PM
Ouch! Where are you, different country or DC? I feel bad for complaining now. I actually don't so much have a gripe about the state police backlog as much as I do that you still have to do a check when you have a CCW.

muggsy
07-05-2013, 12:09 PM
CTD=cheaper than dirt
GAG=Grabagun

Sorry, seen those acronyms used elsewhere and have a bad habit of doing that. But those 2 places have prices around $525-535, plus shipping it's gonna be around 540 as well. Problems is, and I don't know which was which, and this includes Buds, with regard to the version of the TP9. Some places are showing (pict and description) the old short grip version, others show the new version. All of them indicate new in box, and I find it hard to believe there are still NEW short grip models out there NEW.

Saw that price on Bud's and it's looking like, whether shipping is free or a small charge, that I'm looking at around 540 + $25 for my local FFL. If that's the best price, so be it. I just thought maybe some folks knew of places to shop that don't typically come up in search engines.

Yes, checked gunbroker and guns america, nothing cheaper or nothing at all. Didn't know of auction arms, so I'll check that out.

Thanks...

If I remember the GAG price includes shipping. There are also no hidden credit card fees at GAG. Likewise, KYG.