PDA

View Full Version : New Member, first Khar

snakepilot
02-04-2010, 09:47 AM
Just took my brand new 9094N (IB40XX) to the range, after having cleaned it and racked slide 200+ times.

Started with 115 gr practice ball ammo, two different brands, expecting to have at least a failure or two in the first fifty or so rounds. After one hundred flawless, and very accurate shots I decided to go ahead and try some different defensive rounds. I shot 14 of each, Remington Golden Sabers, Speer Gold Dots, and Federal Hydra Shocks (all 124 gr). Perfect functioning right from the get go!

I guess you might surmise I am extremely pleased with my first Kahr.

I had been waiting for a P-380 with night sights to be available, but decided to rearrange my priorities. Let me explain...
I have a Ruger LCP that, finally after sending it back and having the metal magazine release installed, is completely reliable. I have decided that, for the 10% of the time that I can only carry a .380 the Ruger will do the job. The PM-9 will now be my primary carry for about 70% of the time, leaving the remaining occasions to my trusty "brick" better known as my Glock 26, which was also flawless right out of the box.

I appreciate the advice of several of the members of this and other forums I have "lurked" for quite some time.

Ol'coot
02-04-2010, 09:50 AM
Congrats on the new Kahr, and welcome to the fournm. I also have a 9094N and it also ran great right out of the box

mx5fan
02-04-2010, 10:23 AM
Welcome to the forum...great pistol you've got there. I have the 9093N and it's been perfect from the get go.

Enjoy and be safe.

getsome
02-04-2010, 10:29 AM
Welcome to Kahrtalk snakepilot....Sounds like you have a pretty good carry plan already and don't need any advise...Congrats on your new Kahr....It seems that the perfect shooter right out of the box is becoming more the rule rather than the exception....My CW40 has never had any type of failure since new...I too have a Ruger LCP and really like it...I carry it as a primary most of the time and don't feel like I'm giving up much...I test fired several Hornady critical defence rounds into wet phone books and all went through 8-9 inchs and mushroomed up to .45 cal so .380 isn't a wimp round any more....When I bought my CW40 I didnt know anything about what other models Kahr offered...If I had it to do over again knowing what I know now I would have gone with a PM9 so as to be able to pocket carry but I'm going to stay with what I have and try and find a good IWB leather holster for the CW40...Good luck and happy shooting...If you have any questions just ask and the many fine folks here will be able to help you out....

In-Yo-Grill
02-04-2010, 12:56 PM
Congrats...Now post some pics of the new shooter.

Vinikahr
02-04-2010, 02:36 PM
Welcome!

http://ingunowners.com/forums/avatars/handk49031.gif?type=sigpic&dateline=1237843354

Dietrich
02-04-2010, 02:43 PM
Hello my friend and welcome to the forum.Don`t be surprised in a few weeks if you find yourself carrying the PM9 a lot more than 70%. I literally have to make myself carry one of my other handguns.It`s an odd situation to find yourself in.I really like all of my carry guns but I seem to be married to that PM9. I`m not the only one here that feels this way either.Some of these people are a bit strange.Thank goodness I`m normble.:crazy:

recoilguy
02-04-2010, 03:29 PM
Welcome, I agree with dietrich, I went from 50% of the time with my Kahr to 1 day a month without it on my hip. Kind of makes me wonder why I have all those holsters for my other guns.

RCG

Bawanna
02-04-2010, 05:37 PM
Hello my friend and welcome to the forum.Don`t be surprised in a few weeks if you find yourself carrying the PM9 a lot more than 70%. I literally have to make myself carry one of my other handguns.It`s an odd situation to find yourself in.I really like all of my carry guns but I seem to be married to that PM9. I`m not the only one here that feels this way either.Some of these people are a bit strange.Thank goodness I`m normble.:crazy:

I usually agree totally with Mr. Dietrich except when he trys to give you that I'm normble line. The BS meter goes off the scale when you read that. I'm the only one here that's normble.
We're still waiting on pics too dude. That's part of the trial, you gotta figure out how to show pics. Advil on the way.
Welcome.:cool:

zena
02-05-2010, 05:19 AM
I usually agree totally with Mr. Dietrich except when he trys to give you that I'm normble line. The BS meter goes off the scale when you read that. I'm the only one here that's normble.
We're still waiting on pics too dude. That's part of the trial, you gotta figure out how to show pics. Advil on the way.
Welcome.:cool:

Welcome to the forum. Both of those guys are wicked normble and I'm average, as you'll find, if you poke around here enough. :biggrin1:

getsome
02-05-2010, 09:14 AM
Normble is just a cycle on a washing machine!!!:cool:

swampman
02-05-2010, 11:26 AM
if you guys are normble,then I would like to be more normble,I have a lot of respect for most of the people on this forum,abby-normble and all. :D

Bawanna
02-05-2010, 11:35 AM
Welcome to the forum. Both of those guys are wicked normble and I'm average, as you'll find, if you poke around here enough. :biggrin1:

Yeah right! Zena average, wheres my BS meter. :third:

Swampman, I hereby christen you MORE NORMBLE.:cheer2:

swampman
02-05-2010, 11:47 AM
Yeah right! Zena average, wheres my BS meter. :third:

Swampman, I hereby christen you MORE NORMBLE.:cheer2:
after being christend and buying a new 581 series mini14,I now have more than I could ask for :D

Bawanna
02-05-2010, 01:47 PM
And you deserve it pal, hold your head high!:cheer2:

Since you gotta new gun, maybe my mommy will let me get one?

Yeah right, good luck with that.:32: