PDA

View Full Version : 1st gen

hss.strat
02-21-2012, 01:07 AM
I picked up a K9 recently from a local shop. Called up Kahr on the spot to check the mfg date, it comes back to fall of 1995 (I forget which month exactly). I saw someone here just went gaga over a first gen Glock 17 and was curious if the same nostalgia exists for any Kahr fans. If I'm not mistaken the K9 started mfg about mid 1995 although wikipedia swears it's 1996.

jocko
02-21-2012, 04:11 AM
I would suspect you have the carbon steel k9 INSTEAD OT EH NOW STAINLESS k9 AND THE NONE CONTOURED LOWER FRAME. nICE GUN, JUST TAKES ALITTLE MORE and it would take the different rear dovetailed sights to.. Not to sure if anyone goes gag over the first K9's

ripley16
02-21-2012, 05:21 AM
...was curious if the same nostalgia exists for any Kahr fans

I don't think so.

I think the hoopla over the Glock was in regard to it's markings, proofs, etc.

hss.strat
02-21-2012, 12:30 PM
I would suspect you have the carbon steel k9 INSTEAD OT EH NOW STAINLESS k9 AND THE NONE CONTOURED LOWER FRAME. nICE GUN, JUST TAKES ALITTLE MORE and it would take the different rear dovetailed sights to.. Not to sure if anyone goes gag over the first K9's

Yes it's the flat sider in blued steel. Has the 24# recoil spring even.

Thought I'd check before I go cerakoting it.

jocko
02-21-2012, 12:55 PM
test it out first shoot a 100+ orunds thorugh it before doing anything. It is a damn nice gun and I am sure u boght it right to.. age has nothing todo with quality unless ur Nancy Pelosie!!!

hss.strat
02-21-2012, 05:59 PM
I've put about 500 through it. The 24# spring is real stiff. I may switch it out in the near future, although it functions flawlessly as is.

I'm not much of a "collector". I like to buy old stuff and tinker with it, but I understand how that can make collectors cringe. Just wanted to see if anyone yelled STOP before I go covering up the original finish and reworking internals. Hard to believe that Kahr would have wanted to change anything from this original design, it's a dream and still rock solid after more than 16 years.

ripley16
02-21-2012, 08:48 PM
Did the gun come with the original manual by any chance?

hss.strat
02-22-2012, 12:26 AM
Did the gun come with the original manual by any chance?

No unfortunately there was no paperwork with it. I've bought a couple used guns now that didn't have the manuals. How the heck do you lose a manual but keep the box?

The box is kind of cool, it also shows the age of the gun. The "foam" is more of a plastic like foam plate that has cut outs for the gun and magazine over a solid sheet of more foam. Very cheap looking.

doggit
02-24-2012, 04:52 PM
i just got the older carbon steel non-contured k9 and think its great.trigger like butter
and super accurate.you can find boxes and manuals on ebay,even mags now.
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff276/blueshotgunman/pix990272186.jpg

jocko
02-24-2012, 04:56 PM
those earlier models alsohad the rubber grips on them which is very desirable to.

downtownv
02-24-2012, 05:34 PM
What's better Carbon or Stainless? Pro? Cons? What made these such a wonder when they were first introduced? Why do most shooter's, not know the Kahr brand name?
Just curious, considering their products are on the higher scale price range. (Like Sig Sauer)

jocko
02-24-2012, 05:56 PM
give me stainless any day, as they can be finished today in a black dlc finiish that is far ore duralbe than any carbon steel blued finish. I think in thepast 5 years kahr's name isnow known by most all "knowledeable" shooters. One I think aoso has to have a desire to want personal protection carry to really know and appreciate kahrs, or otherwise if ur gonna competition shoot, then kahrs are never going to bein the picture. I think now adays kahrs are the diamond in the ruff that is now be discovered and loved by many who desire to carry some firepower with as little weight and size as they can find..