PDA

View Full Version : What to buy? What to buy???

Muttley
02-04-2010, 07:44 PM
Hi all, new guy here. I'm trying to figure out what to get for CCW. I've narrowed it down between the P45 and the K40. In a nutshell I like the steel frame and the look of the K40 and the punch of a .45 in the P45 both of them in a stainless finish. Just wanted to hear what you guys thought.

Thanks
Mutt

TheSorb
02-04-2010, 08:50 PM
Personally, I'd get the K40. I just love those K-models. They feel so good in my hand, and they shoot straight & sure. I have no experience with the P45, but I can imagine a polymer-framed .45ACP must kick like an angry mule. The K40 is, no doubt, infinitely more controllable. When it comes to carry weapons, controllability is high on my list of priorities. (Plus, K-models are just plain beautiful!);)

jeep45238
02-04-2010, 08:51 PM
The .40 and .45 are so close it's not even funny.

I'd rock the K40 in a heart beat. I'm in love with my T40 though ;)

Muttley
02-04-2010, 09:33 PM
Thanks guys, yes I think the K40 is a hot looking gun. I think the T40 is a smoking hot looking gun also but it is not one of my available choices. I was kind of leaning towards the K40 anyway but I always like to go to the experts and get their thoughts. Any one else please chime in.

Thanks
Mutt

big2wheeler
02-04-2010, 10:40 PM
Well I just purchased new k-9 today,Looked at k40 thought about it compared the two.Ammo cost more for the 40 about 7 bucks a box.Im sure im going to hear about stopping power from a few people but shot placement is very important.Felt recoil is much lighter with 9mill compared to 40 so follow up shots will be faster and with the 9 you get one or two more shots per mag.Bottom line comes down to personal preferance.Good luck with your choice.In the end your just punching holes,one is just slightly larger than the other.I would like to add the 40 will kick more than a 45acp.

Price
02-04-2010, 11:38 PM
Don't we all just wish we could have em all. Maybe they should put together a Kahr Box set at a drastically discounted price. Thats on my Christmas list, and I'll even be a good boy all year if I have to. Seriously though, the polymer 45 recoil is much more reasonable than you might think and personally I think even with the steel the 40 may have comparable or maybe worse muzzle flip. If your gonna cc my vote would absolutely be the PM45.

TheSorb
02-05-2010, 07:34 AM
Seriously though, the polymer 45 recoil is much more reasonable than you might think and personally I think even with the steel the 40 may have comparable or maybe worse muzzle flip.

Well there's something I didn't know...thanks for educating me. I have a stainless Kimber 1911 in .45ACP, but I've never fired a polymer-framed .45ACP pistol. Conversely, I have a Springfield XD40 (polymer frame), but I've never fired a steel-framed .40S&W handgun. I guess I was making erroneous assumptions...my bad!:o

hsart
02-05-2010, 07:52 AM
Hi all, new guy here. I'm trying to figure out what to get for CCW. I've narrowed it down between the P45 and the K40. In a nutshell I like the steel frame and the look of the K40 and the punch of a .45 in the P45 both of them in a stainless finish. Just wanted to hear what you guys thought.

Thanks
Mutt
For concealment you should seriously consider the PM45.

getsome
02-05-2010, 07:53 AM
I went with a CW40 mostly because of ammo issues...In my area .40 S&W is everywhere while 9mm and .45 acp are hard to find even at wally world...I shoot 2 .45acp pistols and a 44 mag revolver and just thought having something to shoot in a caliber that ammo is available would be a good idea... I didnt know anything about Kahr pistols when I bought mine...I picked it up and said WOW that is light, high quality and shoots a big hole...Wrap it up I'll take it....When I shot it I found out that light weight combined with the .40 caliber = lots of muzzle flip so I sent her off to Mag-na-Port and now she's a cream puff to shoot...That was the best $140.00 I ever spent... It now shoots like a .38 snub with target ammo...If I had it all to do over again I might have looked into a PM40 but again I didnt know Kahr made them... probably a good idea to do some research before buying a pistol but when I held my CW40 the first time she just spoke to me....She said take me home with you please, has a pistol ever talked to anyone else out there??? Anyway for the money I dont think I could have done any better and am very happy with my choice.......shoot um up and be safe!!!:cool:

steve666
02-05-2010, 07:57 AM
:)I love my K40, check out the picture in my album.:)