PDA

View Full Version : Liberals ignore the law

LaP
02-23-2012, 07:25 PM
Why is the law blatantly ignored in Washington D.C. and Chicago?
It makes you question the legal system even more. Why go thru the process if the laws are just disregarded? Is the Supreme Court irrelevant?

[/URL]
[URL]http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/02/23/gun-ownership-very-difficult-despite-supreme-court-rulings/ (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/02/23/gun-ownership-very-difficult-despite-su)

knkali
02-23-2012, 08:02 PM
Not sure I can put 100% blame on liberals making this difficult. Councilman Mendelson, who is a liberal, is trying to pass legislation to change this. Same thing here in California( in some counties) you first:

must take the HG safety test. $40 or + dollars.
must take approved HG class
must see the sheriff or police dpt for interviews up to 3 times only available on certain days of the week--time off work$$
must pay for fingerprints to send to DOJ for bkrnd chck
must pay for the permit
must pay for admin fees for the aforementioned interviews

So in reality, getting a gun is just as hard as her endeavor in other places too. If memory serves me, it was around $400 to do without including loss of income to go to fingerprinting, interviews, etc.

*****MY apologies, go to post #7*****

LaP
02-23-2012, 08:58 PM
Like California, New York is also requires you to jump thru so many hoops to get a pistol permit. I lived there a few years ago and was one of the lucky ones.... I knew the sheriff that issued the permits and a couple of State Troopers signed my application (oh yeah, it's all about WHO you know.:cool:)

When I moved to Indiana and purchased my first firearm, I was surprised that I was able to bring it home THAT very day!!! (in NY it takes at least a week for the paperwork to clear) As I told this to the salesman behind the counter, he replied "Welcome to America"

I love Indiana.:D

tv_racin_fan
02-23-2012, 11:11 PM
Not sure I can put 100% blame on liberals making this difficult. Councilman Mendelson, who is a liberal, is trying to pass legislation to change this. Same thing here in California( in some counties) you first:

must take the HG safety test. $40 or + dollars.
must take approved HG class
must see the sheriff or police dpt for interviews up to 3 times only available on certain days of the week--time off work$$
must pay for fingerprints to send to DOJ for bkrnd chck
must pay for the permit
must pay for admin fees for the aforementioned interviews

So in reality, getting a gun is just as hard as her endeavor in other places too. If memory serves me, it was around $400 to do without including loss of income to go to fingerprinting, interviews, etc.

Just as hard? She had to go to a neighboring state to do the class. I know of no other place that requires that. There is only one FFL allowed in DC and he don't sell anything. Transfers into DC cost $125 or so? Mine are less than $50. They took your gun for ballistic testing like they did hers?

muggsy
02-24-2012, 06:34 AM
If these people are looking for sympathy they can find it in the dictionary in between excrement and syphilis. They are the ones who keep reelecting the same liberal progressive politicians who continually stick it up their backsides. Wake up America.

Longitude Zero
02-24-2012, 06:44 AM
I will let you make the law but I get to write the process by which the law is enforced. Guess what, I will beat you EVERYTIME. Liberal Mantra.

They keep getting elected because the "people aka electorate" are a majority pile of welfare leaches in those cities.

knkali
02-24-2012, 08:18 AM
Just as hard? She had to go to a neighboring state to do the class. I know of no other place that requires that. There is only one FFL allowed in DC and he don't sell anything. Transfers into DC cost $125 or so? Mine are less than $50. They took your gun for ballistic testing like they did hers?

DC is a small geographic area. A neighboring state is 10-20 minutes away(no big deal) and one FFL in that area isnt too shocking. The ballistic testing is BS and the costs are high though. But if $125 thwarts your gun ownership endeavor, wait till you buy a few boxes of ammo. Gun ownership is expensive. Dont get me wrong. I wish it were like LaP's experience in Indiana--cash and carry with minimum intrusions but unfortunately that is the exception rather than the rule. My post earlier post was not accurate in comparison because I was comparing getting a CCW to getting a gun only. I automatically equate gun ownership with carry. Wong. Yeah this lady went through a lot for a nightstand gun.

TriggerMan
02-25-2012, 12:25 AM
DC is a small geographic area. A neighboring state is 10-20 minutes away(no big deal) and one FFL in that area isnt too shocking. The ballistic testing is BS and the costs are high though. But if $125 thwarts your gun ownership endeavor, wait till you buy a few boxes of ammo. Gun ownership is expensive. Dont get me wrong. I wish it were like LaP's experience in Indiana--cash and carry with minimum intrusions but unfortunately that is the exception rather than the rule. My post earlier post was not accurate in comparison because I was comparing getting a CCW to getting a gun only. I automatically equate gun ownership with carry. Wong. Yeah this lady went through a lot for a nightstand gun.In Michigan, getting a nightstand gun involves one trip to the local PD to get a Permit to Purchase. It's good for 10 days. Notarizing your signature costs $10 in my locality. You must pass a short True False test on safety and a background check. Once you buy a gun, you return copies to the PD. That can be done by first class mail. This process repeats for each gun you buy unless you get a CPL.

Getting a CPL will cost you about $100-125 for a day long class. Add for one box of ammo and gun rental if needed. The application with photographs, fingerprints and State Police & FBI check
will cost an additional $105. You stand in line twice. My County took 90 days to complete everything, including a 5 minute Gun Board Meeting. In some Counties the process is as short as 10 days.

tv_racin_fan
02-25-2012, 08:12 AM
DC is a small geographic area. A neighboring state is 10-20 minutes away(no big deal) and one FFL in that area isnt too shocking. The ballistic testing is BS and the costs are high though. But if $125 thwarts your gun ownership endeavor, wait till you buy a few boxes of ammo. Gun ownership is expensive. Dont get me wrong. I wish it were like LaP's experience in Indiana--cash and carry with minimum intrusions but unfortunately that is the exception rather than the rule. My post earlier post was not accurate in comparison because I was comparing getting a CCW to getting a gun only. I automatically equate gun ownership with carry. Wong. Yeah this lady went through a lot for a nightstand gun.

It might not be a big deal to you sir but it was indeed to her. As it would be to anyone who didn't own an automobile. No sir the $125 would not put me off but the FACT that DC will not allow another FFL is why he can charge $125. I have no intention of paying the $50 myself but generally I can purchase what I want local without paying that.

Ballistic testing is indeed BS but it is required in DC. Not just the handing over of the case shipped with your gun but the handing over of your gun and waiting on them to test and give it back.

In my state getting a night stand gun envolves going to the local gun/pawn shop, seeing something you like, fillin out the paperwork and waitin on the background check then payin for the gun and walkin out with it in your hand. That is unless there is some holdup with the background check.

I sure am glad I live where I do. I do not need some class nor some test to get the permit, just apply and pass the background check and have my fingerprints done and run and pay the fee.

NOW I can walk in to local gun/pawn shop, see something I like, fill out the paperwork and pay for it, and walk out no background check needed as I already did that for the permit.

ltxi
02-25-2012, 06:04 PM

Actually, go to store, buy gun, take it home is very much the rule rather than the exception. California, Mass, NJ, MD, IL, and of course DC proper are the anti-gun strongholds with the biggest problem. Most everyone else is at least halfway sane.

knkali
02-25-2012, 07:26 PM
Nice to know America is alive and well in some places. Maybe saying getting a gun without intrusions as the exception and not the rule was foolish and I apologize. Perhaps America is healthier than I thought.
Really my mind set is for carrying a gun and that was where I erred.

JLeephoto
02-25-2012, 08:57 PM
I followed Emilys blog and though I have lived in d.c. I was still amazed at the time, money and frustration she, a very well educated and financially stable citizen experienced trying finger a gun for home protection. Seems like it would be nearly impossible for those less fortunate that are most likely to really need it. This is a defacto ban that flys in the face of the 2008 Supreme Court decision.

apheod
02-27-2012, 04:34 PM
to make this more accurate, POLITICIANS ignore the law.

Bawanna
02-27-2012, 04:53 PM
Yup, here what takes the longest is all the other guys and employees in the gun shop wanting to fondle your new gun.

Get a sales person familiar with the paperwork with no distractions and you can be in and gone in 5 minutes easy.

Carry permits take 3 days to a week max, no test, fill out form, pay 60 bucks give or take and get it in the mail in a week.

Occasionally there's talk of requiring a test but I'll not play that game, don't need any mall ninja to tell me what don't know. Would be a waste of time and money. I'll just become a careful illegal.

Tinman507
02-27-2012, 05:08 PM
Be VERY careful when they start talking about required training or tests or you could eventually end up with the DC requirements.

PA LTCF is issued by the County Sheriff here. Some counties are easy some are difficult, particularly Philadelphia. My county take 20 minutes to get your LTCF. In, fill out paperwork, get photo, run the BG check, issue permit. $20.00 for 5 years.

ltxi
02-27-2012, 06:10 PM
My PA carry permit through Centre county cost me maybe 15 minutes of effort, $20, and two postage stamps.

knkali
02-27-2012, 06:16 PM
wow

muggsy
02-29-2012, 04:20 PM
I sat through ten hours of an NRA Basic Pistol course, expended two hours and 100 rounds of ammunition on the range to qualify, passed Federal, State and local background checks and paid $55 for a five year CCW permit. All of that just to be able to exercise a God given constitutional right. I don't want to hear any whining.

Scoundrel
02-29-2012, 05:29 PM
Get a sales person familiar with the paperwork with no distractions and you can be in and gone in 5 minutes easy.

Carry permits take 3 days to a week max, no test, fill out form, pay 60 bucks give or take and get it in the mail in a week.

My CPL took TWO weeks to arrive. Phthtbtbth!

Fastest I have been in/out for a gun purchase was 11 minutes, and that was an FFL, not a LGS. If he'd had the computer app instead of paper forms it could have been 5 minutes.

No distractions? At a LGS? Hasn't happened yet.

Washington is a bugger for small business taxes, but so far I'm pretty happy with the gun laws. Yay for HB 1016!

Bawanna
02-29-2012, 05:34 PM
My CPL took TWO weeks to arrive. Phthtbtbth!

Fastest I have been in/out for a gun purchase was 11 minutes, and that was an FFL, not a LGS. If he'd had the computer app instead of paper forms it could have been 5 minutes.

No distractions? At a LGS? Hasn't happened yet.

Washington is a bugger for small business taxes, but so far I'm pretty happy with the gun laws. Yay for HB 1016!

My mom's latest CPL renewal through Sno County arrived in the mail 3 days after application.
My wife's first CPL she picked up in person the following day and she's a permanent resident alien. Not like from Mars or Jupiter but Sweden and that's a whole nuther country. Much better than it used to be.
The all powerful Dept of Licensing still tries to screw things up whenever possible but not too bad right now.

apheod
02-29-2012, 05:53 PM
you guys actually have it pretty good. kansas's gun and self defense laws actually aren't too bad, even though we were a late comer into the CCH business (2006) but they rape you on fees. i've heard its come down some but i paid 150 dollars to apply to the state for a 4 year license. after applying for the license, it took almost 3 months to come.

when i first moved here from west virginia they wouldn't honor my WV permit since i was no longer a WV resident, and i had to wait until i'd been a kansas resident for 6 months before i could apply for a KS permit.

that was a long 6 months.

muggsy
03-01-2012, 09:23 AM
My mom's latest CPL renewal through Sno County arrived in the mail 3 days after application.
My wife's first CPL she picked up in person the following day and she's a permanent resident alien. Not like from Mars or Jupiter but Sweden and that's a whole nuther country. Much better than it used to be.
The all powerful Dept of Licensing still tries to screw things up whenever possible but not too bad right now.

Bawanna, don't tell me that you married one of those hot Swedish bikini models!
Hubba, hubba. You da man!

jlottmc
03-03-2012, 11:09 AM
Have you not seen the picture on the work bench from a few years ago? He married WAY outside his weight class.

apheod
03-03-2012, 04:59 PM
do tell...

jlottmc
03-03-2012, 08:39 PM
Look at the grip thread, all I'm sayin'.