PDA

View Full Version : Let them drink Starbucks!

Chief Joseph
02-06-2010, 12:59 AM
Guess I'll have to rethink my distaste for Starbucks. They're getting it right.

Let them drink Starbucks! (http://www.examiner.com/x-2782-DC-Gun-Rights-Examiner~y2010m2d5-Let-them-drink-Starbucks)

jocko
02-06-2010, 08:05 AM
Guess I'll have to rethink my distaste for Starbucks. They're getting it right.

Let them drink Starbucks! (http://www.examiner.com/x-2782-DC-Gun-Rights-Examiner~y2010m2d5-Let-them-drink-Starbucks)

but alot of times your just punishing the good employees, who need that job to feed their family etc. corporate could give a rats ass, If u carry concealed, what is the problem anyways.

Would you prohibit your wife or member of your family from working in a business that posts signs of no guns??? If one truly can say yes, then my hat is off to you for your principals. but again when standing in a job line for a company that has this policy, and then discussing your displeasure about the rule, They will just say , "NEXT".

Not referring to Chief J here either when I use the word YOU in this post.. I bet if they posted a sign of GUNS ALLOWED their business would be damn near nothing either.

fitzgood
02-06-2010, 09:03 AM
Some states have laws against concealed carry where the owner posts a no guns policy. That is why the Anti gun folks are trying to lean on business to make these policies. In effect, they are trying to make it illegal to carry at so many places that it becomes nearly impossible to carry.

IMO Once they get enough business in the states where it is not already illegal to carry where it is posted, they will lobby to change the law to make illegal using the political pressure of big business to make it happen.

hsart
02-06-2010, 09:16 AM
Some states have laws against concealed carry where the owner posts a no guns policy. That is why the Anti gun folks are trying to lean on business to make these policies. In effect, they are trying to make it illegal to carry at so many places that it becomes nearly impossible to carry.

IMO Once they get enough business in the states where it is not already illegal to carry where it is posted, they will lobby to change the law to make illegal using the political pressure of big business to make it happen.
Is there a good online resource that one can quickly get a list of those concealed carry states where concealed carry is illegal where the shop owner posts a no gun policy? Sounds like an interesting storm brewing on local vs. state vs. federal gun laws. All the more reason to support pro gun orgs.

500KV
02-06-2010, 09:31 AM
Is there a good online resource that one can quickly get a list of those concealed carry states where concealed carry is illegal where the shop owner posts a no gun policy? Sounds like an interesting storm brewing on local vs. state vs. federal gun laws. All the more reason to support pro gun orgs.
Not exactly what you asked about but this is a long list of anti-gun companies, people, etc.
Just one of many.

Anti-gun Companies, Organizations, Media And Celebrities (http://gunowners.org/fs0302.htm)

jocko
02-06-2010, 10:28 AM

is not that way. They can post no guns and if caught just kick you out of the business. again, if one carrys concealed it should not be an issue either. I walk alot inside one of our big malls and they have posted at every entry rules for the mall and oneis no firearms allowed. It never bothered me, I just carried concealed and went about my business as i have for over 48 tyears of carrying concealed.

wyntrout
02-06-2010, 10:59 AM
I was living in San Antonio, Texas, when they enacted the CCW law and the Democratic DA made it plain that any businesses that wanted to prevent carry in their shops, just had to post a sign on the door. There was a great rush in posting No CCW signs. I didn't bother getting a license there because it was almost meaningless. You couldn't even carry a folding knife in S.A!

I did appreciate the frisks at the doors of bars, though. I didn't frequent bars, but while my kids were in town once, we went out and wound up going to a bar. My daughter was only 20, so I thought we had a problem when she was asked by the off-duty officer at the door for her age and she replied "21". The officer looked at me and asked if I was her dad and was that true I told him no, but that she was 20, and he surprised me with that was okay because a minor could drink if accompanied by a parent allowing it! Wow! That was neat that we didn't have to all bail and go home.

I got away from the topic there... Dang! I just love to talk... or type. Anyhow, businesses soon saw the error of their ways and most removed the signs because their business fell off or was going to, and they heard that people would take their business elsewhere.

When I got to Florida I took a class at the first gun show I attended and it was short and easy -- too easy for untrained shooters or novices to shooting -- no gun-handling or shooting qualification requirement. They had a clerk from the Sheriff's department to take fingerprints for a small fee -- one-stop processing. I really didn't really need the class, since honorably discharged veterans were exempt... and they probably knew which end of the gun the bullets came from. Outside of Vermont with no license required, Florida has one of the sanest set of regulations for CCW -- they actually took input from the NRA.
Wynn:D

Check out my Double Tap range report and PICTURES on the Ammo sub-forum.

wyntrout
02-06-2010, 11:08 AM
is not that way. They can post no guns and if caught just kick you out of the business. again, if one carrys concealed it should not be an issue either. I walk alot inside one of our big malls and they have posted at every entry rules for the mall and oneis no firearms allowed. It never bothered me, I just carried concealed and went about my business as i have for over 48 tyears of carrying concealed.

The only time I worry about that is at Gun Shows, or places where they have detection equipment... and the Post Office. I leave my gun in the car there, but always think about where the expression "Going Postal" came from!:eek:
Wynn

Hi, Jocko. Dang, I don't think that you're gonna let me overtake you in posts... not that I'm trying!:blah::typing::D

jocko
02-06-2010, 11:19 AM
all u need in Indiana is the bucks, the age and no felony record and you will get a license to carry. Some states do not honor Indiana permtis due to the total laxability of the law.
Not all people need to be carrying IMO, it may be a right but many because of the above passing requirements have zeo knowledge of firearms and fire arms safety I have no doubt if people started to come into Starbucks with open carry guns, that their business would suffer in time, to me far more than if they had a stupid sign that said no firearms also. I think one reason we see these signs is that to many people would just open carry into any business and no doubt the complaints would roll. Sometimes I do think we are also our worst enemy in some cases. Every gun show I go to in Indiana forbids loaded guns on the premises or carrying loaded guns. I don't see gun owners boycotting those shows. again, these changes came about by carelessnnes on a gun owner and more than likely liability of the group putting on the gun show.

If one carrys concealed, he has nothing to worry about YMMV.

smoke um if you got um!!

I think that is federal law about not carrying inside a post offce, not state or local post office decsion. If I know any business has detention stuff, I don't carry in there, Our court house is the same way. Alot of those detention rigs are also to monitor the little hidden label s in the products that are supposed to be scanned upon purchase to prevent theft, not really to search people

Hell wyn, just keep doing wha tyouyr doing you will catch up, or I will just sell you 300 of my posts for a buck a post!!!!

wyntrout
02-06-2010, 12:27 PM
all u need in Indiana is the bucks, the age and no felony record and you will get a license to carry. Some states do not honor Indiana permtis due to the total laxability of the law.
Not all people need to be carrying IMO, it may be a right but many because of the above passing requirements have zeo knowledge of firearms and fire arms safety I have no doubt if people started to come into Starbucks with open carry guns, that their business would suffer in time, to me far more than if they had a stupid sign that said no firearms also. I think one reason we see these signs is that to many people would just open carry into any business and no doubt the complaints would roll. Sometimes I do think we are also our worst enemy in some cases. Every gun show I go to in Indiana forbids loaded guns on the premises or carrying loaded guns. I don't see gun owners boycotting those shows. again, these changes came about by carelessnnes on a gun owner and more than likely liability of the group putting on the gun show.

If one carrys concealed, he has nothing to worry about YMMV.

smoke um if you got um!!

I think that is federal law about not carrying inside a post offce, not state or local post office decsion. If I know any business has detention stuff, I don't carry in there, Our court house is the same way. Alot of those detention rigs are also to monitor the little hidden label s in the products that are supposed to be scanned upon purchase to prevent theft, not really to search people

Hell wyn, just keep doing wha tyouyr doing you will catch up, or I will just sell you 300 of my posts for a buck a post!!!!

Ha! Ha! My first 100 posts took about four months and then in the last month about 250 more -- diarrhea of the mouth or keyboard. I ought to start one of those blogs... I did before the last national election, but deleted the account after it, because then it was too late for warnings about Obama and his good buddies.
I try to resist jumping in here and especially getting on a "soapbox". I enjoy the conversations -- I sure can't talk to my wife about guns and other stuff like computers. She has to use one at work, but doesn't like them. Most conversations I try to start with her about my interests, mentally, if not literally, I can see her eyes start to roll back in her head!
I'm glad that she has no expensive hobbies... other than makeup... with some of that stuff costing $30 to $40 -- for a tablespoon of MUD! I think they call it foundation or some kind of base. Whoa! I'm "off topic", again!

jocko
02-06-2010, 12:34 PM
but your getting better, that last post was only 6 lines long!!!

wyntrout
02-06-2010, 12:57 PM
but your getting better, that last post was only 6 lines long!!!

Ha! Ha! Yeah, but I can't resist a "story" or a past experience -- like you, I have a lot of "experience", but not all was good!