PDA

View Full Version : New CW9 2-4-10

rwh
02-06-2010, 12:30 PM
I am now the proud owner of a KAHR CW9 from Bud's in Paris, KY I purchased it 2 days ago, Thursday, and was able to put 100 or so rounds through it flawlessly, some Federal 115gr and Winchester White Box 115gr and the CW9 liked it all. I also demonstrated that the gun is a lot more accurate than I am.

The sight picture is taking some getting used to, so I am looking forward to lots more practice and getting smaller and smaller groupings. The teardown and cleaning was a snap...as I figured out that the plastic butt plate on the magazine is a non-marring handy "pusher" to get the slide stop pin out.

I am looking forward to learing a lot from all the folks on this forum.

Thanks for having me.

Good shottin to y'all :86:

jocko
02-06-2010, 12:32 PM
I am now the proud owner of a KAHR CW9 from Bud's in Paris, KY I purchased it 2 days ago, Thursday, and was able to put 100 or so rounds through it flawlessly, some Federal 115gr and Winchester White Box 115gr and the CW9 liked it all. I also demonstrated that the gun is a lot more accurate than I am.

The sight picture is taking some getting used to, so I am looking forward to lots more practice and getting smaller and smaller groupings. The teardown and cleaning was a snap...as I figured out that the plastic butt plate on the magazine is a non-marring handy "pusher" to get the slide stop pin out.

I am looking forward to learing a lot from all the folks on this forum.

Thanks for having me.

Good shottin to y'all :86:

advise you that you need to send every poster on this site that has over 100 osts $20 bucks to be able to post?????:33:

jwr
02-06-2010, 01:18 PM
Congratulations on the new CW9!

Vinikahr
02-06-2010, 05:31 PM
Welcome to the brotherhood!

rkirk
02-06-2010, 06:41 PM
Welcome aboard! You will really like the new pistol,

-- Richard

jfrey
02-06-2010, 09:16 PM
Welcome to the forum. The CW9's are great and a lot more accurate than I expected. They get better the more you shoot 'em.

Vincent
02-07-2010, 04:10 PM
I have been carrying my CW9 for about 7 or 8 months now. It is very hard for me to picture a better carry gun.....period.

Mine is more accurate than my SIG 225 and equal to my SIG 239. The 239 has a great and well deserved rep for accuracy. The CW9 is 10 oz lighter and shoots right with it.

My wife had never shot a center fire pistol and when she shot them side by side even she liked the CW9 better which really surprised me because it kicks more!:eek::D

I hope you like you CW9 as much as I have liked mine. By the way I am very near 500 rds with not one jam of any kind shooting everything from high dollar self defense ammo to lead bullet hand loads.

recoilguy
02-08-2010, 08:11 AM
Congrats you picked a fine weapon. Enjoy it and be safe. The site does take a little getting used to but will become second nature to you, I think. It is a very accurate gun. I carry mine every day all the time.

RCG

rtrider
02-09-2010, 07:38 PM
I am now able, after about 400 rds to push the stop out without a tool, but it does take having the slide and frame lined perfectly up and a bit of thumb pressure.

And welcome, great group here, and very helpful.....

In-Yo-Grill
02-10-2010, 06:18 AM
Congrats on your new CW9 and welcome aboard.

They are great carry guns and I know yours will serve you well.

gmirab
02-12-2010, 05:42 PM
I am also a proud owner of a new CW9. Purchased yesterday. Came highly recommended by two family members. Too cold and rainy today to go to the range, so I decided to get familar with the gun. Broke it down several times, oiled the rails and started to manually cycle it. Over the course of the day I probably have cycled it 100 times. I then loaded up the magazine to see how it would manually cycle with rounds in the magazine. Every time I did it, the first round would jam. I would then drop the mag, clear the round and try it again. First round jam. My son, who owns a CW9, then told me to lock the slide open, insert a loaded magazine and close the slide with the slide release lever. Never a first round jam in 10 trys. Now, I realize the gun has not been fired, but has anyone else experienced this type of jam?

Thank you.

hdawson
02-12-2010, 06:51 PM
The owner's manual clearly states you should load using the slide stop. Not slingshoting.:cool:

Bawanna
02-12-2010, 07:12 PM
advise you that you need to send every poster on this site that has over 100 osts $20 bucks to be able to post?????:33:

Any chance you could overnight the $20 bucks or moneygram or something. There's a gunshow this weekend and I'm trying to copycat MX5. I need a Dan Wesson Bobcat and a PM45 to stay in the contest. Come to think of it maybe all you other guys could overnight a 20, I promise I'll put it to good use and send pictures and everything. Any left over I'll put in the Zena / Parma Iron man fund.

Thanks in advance I just love you guys.............Love you more when the money gets here............:cheer2:

Seriously, oh I don't do serious but welcome aboard.

wyntrout
02-12-2010, 07:16 PM
Kahr recommends the chambering of the first round as your son advised. Lock the slide back, insert loaded magazine, release slide with slide release, then for CCW most of us top off the magazine. You can't ride the slide at all with these guns. And yes, sometimes there are problems with some hollow points or other than FMJ in sliding up the ramp on the way to the chamber. Polishing the ramp with a "Dremel-like" tool -- a high-speed buffer wheel with a little polishing compound can help. It's important to find a defense ammo that works reliably in your Kahr for self-defense or CCW.
I'm sure there are many others who have that particular Kahr and can give you some tips, too. I tried four or five different types of defensive ammo and settled on Double Tap 124 grain JHP +P, supposedly using Gold Dot bullets. I tested and reported on this with my PM9 and K9, pix, too. I couldn't get real Gold Dots and these were cheaper.
Wynn