PDA

View Full Version : Ordered a T9

MrTuna
03-03-2012, 05:08 PM
I just ordered a T9 and joined kahrtalk. The T9 seems to fit all my desires in a carry gun so I hope I am not disappointed when it comes. I could not find one to shoot before ordering. It's the same size as a Glock 19 just narrower. I seriously prefer metal or alloy guns over polymer. They are sexy and feel good in the hand. I have very large hands so the smaller K9 and MK9 leave my fingers dangling that I need for a good grip. I can't wait to get her!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jocko
03-03-2012, 05:12 PM
oh my what a gun . do visit the kahrt tech sectin while waiting on this gun and look at the two good sticky's

#1 kahr lube chart

#2 propper prepping of ur new kahr.

oh my wnat a super handgun, just not alot of them around as u well know..

MrTuna
03-03-2012, 05:40 PM
Thank you! I will be sure and read the materials.

ripley16
03-03-2012, 08:08 PM
Welcome to the forum. The T9 is excellent choice as a concealed pistol. I suspect you'll enjoy it very much, as I do mine. Holsters are not all that easy to find but they are out there. Be sure to post a range report when the gun gets in.

Tank
03-03-2012, 08:09 PM
Welcome to the model T club! From a T40 owner, this gun will not disapoint. The only issue might be the size and weight for carry, but you knew these before you ordered one. Some people carry larger and heavier guns than these.

I have polymer guns and have no issue with them, but my taste runs to full size, metal and wood guns too. For me, I shoot a heavier gun better. These shoot like an extension of your arm.

Please keep us posted after you get to shoot it.

FLBri
03-04-2012, 08:58 AM
Welcome .... and there is no way you will be disappointed in the "T's". These are fantastic shooters and much more accurate than I am.

MrTuna
03-04-2012, 09:30 PM
Welcome to the model T club! From a T40 owner, this gun will not disapoint. The only issue might be the size and weight for carry, but you knew these before you ordered one. Some people carry larger and heavier guns than these.

I have polymer guns and have no issue with them, but my taste runs to full size, metal and wood guns too. For me, I shoot a heavier gun better. These shoot like an extension of your arm.

Please keep us posted after you get to shoot it.

I have been carrying a Sig P229 or P226 both over 30 ounces. I too shoot a heavy gun better. Someone explained to me why heavy guns are more accurate but Iost the explanation. The T9 is still the size of the most popular compact Glock the G19. I will post a range report.

TheTman
03-04-2012, 10:40 PM
Welcome to the forum MrTuna, hope your T9 works out well for you, as I imagine it will.

Vaden
03-05-2012, 10:02 AM
Welcome aboard, you will definitely love the T9. It fits my big paws like a glove and my skinny little 11 year old son can even control it quite well (its his favorite in my collection!) When you get it, lock the slide back and load the mags and set them aside for a week, your thumbs will thank you! Also with the stainless on stainless make sure she is lubed really well to avoid galling. The only thing i am impartial to about mine is that my grips are dark and everyone elses pictures show the wood to be much brighter.

http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/3892/alt9.jpg

jocko
03-05-2012, 10:42 AM
p[ersonally I like the dark grips alot better..

FLBri
03-05-2012, 03:33 PM
Vaden, I have some lighter colored ones that I will trade you? They are off a new T9 (3 weeks).

Vaden
03-06-2012, 01:49 AM
Vaden, I have some lighter colored ones that I will trade you? They are off a new T9 (3 weeks).

I may be up for that but I have my T9 on armslist.com for possible trade for a micro .45. Dont get me wrong, I LOVE my T9 but I have an itch for something new and if I can find a micro .45 I may swap. About 75% of me wants 2 weeks to go by without anyone interested in my T9, I dont think I'll find much better out there for a carry pistol and I'm a big guy, I can definitely hide the T9 in a Crossbreed without issues. I'll let you know!

MrTuna
03-09-2012, 05:41 PM
Welcome aboard, you will definitely love the T9. It fits my big paws like a glove and my skinny little 11 year old son can even control it quite well (its his favorite in my collection!) When you get it, lock the slide back and load the mags and set them aside for a week, your thumbs will thank you! Also with the stainless on stainless make sure she is lubed really well to avoid galling. The only thing i am impartial to about mine is that my grips are dark and everyone elses pictures show the wood to be much brighter.

http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/3892/alt9.jpg

Sounds like they have to be lubed like a Sig from the diagram. I would actually prefer some black grips like the rubber ones on the K9 but I cannot find any for sale for the T9.

ripley16
03-10-2012, 04:33 AM
I would actually prefer some black grips like the rubber ones on the K9 but I cannot find any for sale for the T9.

The original wood grips are the only ones available. Kahr never used the nice Hogue soft polymer grips for the T9, though we all wish they did, (hint, hint).