PDA

View Full Version : New guy here... pic of my P9

GCE61
02-06-2010, 12:56 PM
Hi, new to the Forum. Lots of good info here!
I'm on Kahr #3. I bought an original E9, then a K9, and finally after selling them and missing the Kahr platform I bought a P9.

I smoothed the action a bit, polished the feed ramp, blended the slide stop, and stippled the frame. The gun shoots great and feels perfect in the hand.
http://i625.photobucket.com/albums/tt339/gce61/dscf1479a.jpg

wyntrout
02-06-2010, 01:04 PM
It looks great, too. I've had my PM9 for about a month and my K9 since March '98. I love them and wish I could afford a lot more. I'm working on it, though.
Enjoy the forum AND the gun!
Wynn:)

Vinikahr
02-06-2010, 05:33 PM
Congrats and Welcome!

mx5fan
02-06-2010, 06:53 PM
Hey GC,

Welcome back to the fold and your P9 is a beauty!

mr surveyor
02-06-2010, 08:37 PM
nice work on the grip

jkalantzis
02-06-2010, 08:50 PM
Just joined the Forum a few days ago and everyone on here has been great. Welcome to the Forum I hope you enjoy it as much as I am. Great looking P9 as well.

jfrey
02-06-2010, 09:10 PM
First of all, Welcome to the forum. A lot of great people and info here.

Could you share exactly what you did to smooth the action? How did you do the stipple on the grip?

frank_drebin
02-06-2010, 09:19 PM
Nice job on the grip, do you have any problems with the stippling sticking to your clothes? I do when I carry my Stippled Steyr M40 so I have to cover it with a rubber sleeve.

GCE61
02-07-2010, 04:14 AM
First of all, Welcome to the forum. A lot of great people and info here.

Could you share exactly what you did to smooth the action? How did you do the stipple on the grip?

I just took some Flitz and polished the contact points between the striker actuation post and the lever which interacts with it (the little finger which is moved by the trigger action). That cleared the final little bit of grittiness in the double action pull. I didn't take a Dremel to it, I didn't want to change the profiles of the faces.

The stippling was really pretty easy, once I got the balls to do it! Home Depot soldering iron using the small pointy tip. First think about the pattern/outline you want.

Then, carefully, make a point by point straight line to outline the perimeter of the area. Then I just poked and poked to fill in the areas. I stopped many times once I had some coverage to look and fill in the open areas.

Once you get started it really goes quick, I think the whole gun took me an hour to do. Before I started, I took an old Glock mag loading tool (plastic cap thingy) and practiced on that just to get the feel for it. But it's not rocket science.

After you have the coverage you want, take a very stiff metal brush and give the whole area a good brushing in order to knock off the little plastic "strings" which apear and some of the sharp points. I also took some fine sandpaper and gently sanded most of the areas that I felt were too aggressive.

That's about it, what a difference.
I did my brother in laws off duty Glock, but we did very small areas, one at a time over the course of a week. He wanted just enough to get a good grip but not too much.

Look on youtube for videos from guys, once you see it done it's not hard.

Josey Wales
02-07-2010, 05:02 AM
Welcome to the forum,

You did a great job! I sure like the P9, mine is the all black model

gb6491
11-30-2010, 05:15 AM
I saw GCE61's P9 on the SIG forum recently and thought I would bump this thread so some of the newer members might see it. I think he did some excellent work on it.

I see jkalantzis posted in this thread, but I haven't seen any recent activity from him; hope all is well with him and his.

Regards,
Greg