PDA

View Full Version : New Contest

Dietrich
02-06-2010, 08:48 PM
Well,seeing as y`all want to be a bunch of smartypants,we`ll try it again. Same prize but no hints will be provided.This contest will be much harder as promised. Here`s the question.
How many jellybeans are in the glass jar sitting on my kitchen floor? Huh? Ain`t so high and mighty now,are you? HaHaHaHa!!!

Raoul
02-06-2010, 08:49 PM

wyntrout
02-06-2010, 08:59 PM
None.

Wynn:)

Dietrich
02-06-2010, 09:10 PM
Sorry fellas,but this contest is just a joke. I will,however,do another one in the not too distant future.The next question is a doozie.This is going to be fun.As long as I can get funding from the PDS College of Chiropractic and Tire Recapping,I`ll do another one soon.Stay tuned to KahrTalk.

mr surveyor
02-06-2010, 09:31 PM
ding it....missed another chance for my ship to come in...and I was already thinking retirement

I was gonna say "all of them"

wyntrout
02-06-2010, 09:41 PM
Sorry fellas,but this contest is just a joke. I will,however,do another one in the not too distant future.The next question is a doozie.This is going to be fun.As long as I can get funding from the PDS College of Chiropractic and Tire Recapping,I`ll do another one soon.Stay tuned to KahrTalk.

HA! I won! Woohoo!!:third::cheer2: Uh, what was I playing for??

Wynn:D

mr surveyor
02-06-2010, 09:49 PM
hhhmmmmppppp!

I demand a recount:D

surv

TheSorb
02-06-2010, 11:31 PM

Son of a...I was gonna say that!:p

swampman
02-07-2010, 08:37 AM
I just woke up,what are yall talking about?:D

wyntrout
02-07-2010, 08:59 AM
Oh, just fun and games. Dietrich got bored and was having contests. I missed the first one, but as the second guesser on this one, I obviously won, 'cause he didn't have any jellybeans in a jar on the floor. Who puts food in a jar on the floor? Anyhow, I guessed "none" and Dietrich was suddenly tired of playing, I guess, since his contests were so easy?:D
Hey did you see my pix on the range report? Some weird stuff. I wish that I had thought to get pix of the other ammo for comparison, DOH!
That was fun and later I thought about how this trip cost me at least $120!:ohmy: But I decided that the DT 124+P was good to carry and can shoot mostly FMJ from now on.

swampman
02-07-2010, 09:11 AM
Oh, just fun and games. Dietrich got bored and was having contests. I missed the first one, but as the second guesser on this one, I obviously won, 'cause he didn't have any jellybeans in a jar on the floor. Who puts food in a jar on the floor? Anyhow, I guessed "none" and Dietrich was suddenly tired of playing, I guess, since his contests were so easy?:D
Hey did you see my pix on the range report? Some weird stuff. I wish that I had thought to get pix of the other ammo for comparison, DOH!
That was fun and later I thought about how this trip cost me at least $120!:ohmy: But I decided that the DT 124+P was good to carry and can shoot mostly FMJ from now on.
yes I saw the pics,good stuff,the lightining bolt thing was new to me,I have been to some inside ranges and if you stand at the right angle from behind you can see the projectiles going down range. :D

wyntrout
02-07-2010, 09:17 AM
Yeah, if you're close to the axis of fire you can see most projectiles going down range... off to the side, no way. I love those military shows where they are firing artillery or the main gun on a tank and you can watch the round go all the way downrange to the target.
On the pix, I finally thought of using the video capability and then getting stills using the Canon software that came with the camera. Most of the time the flash was in one frame, but a few were two frames long and that one weird one was three frames long with the "lightning" phenomena.

swampman
02-07-2010, 09:24 AM
Yeah, if you're close to the axis of fire you can see most projectiles going down range... off to the side, no way. I love those military shows where they are firing artillery or the main gun on a tank and you can watch the round go all the way downrange to the target.
On the pix, I finally thought of using the video capability and then getting stills using the Canon software that came with the camera. Most of the time the flash was in one frame, but a few were two frames long and that one weird one was three frames long with the "lightning" phenomena.
I thought that was the way you were getting your stills. :D

Dietrich
02-07-2010, 09:41 AM
Yes,there is a jar of jellybeans on my kitchen floor.They are left over from a contest for the youth at the church I attend.The actual count was 894.I thought about throwing them away but they are so colorful I kind of hate to do it.Maybe if they start to mold.

wyntrout
02-07-2010, 09:48 AM
Yeah, a flash of brilliance followed by a later "DOH!" on the comparison, or lack thereof. I use the HD setting 720P at 30fps. I really like the results. I'll have to do that more often. I'm thinking about joining the range for $150 a year, which is just for me. It costs $11.24 a visit, including tax. I wouldn't have to stay so long to get my money's worth and could get in the habit of going more often... with range fodder, too. I could have bought something like an LCP for the cost of the last 3 trips to the range. If it wasn't an expensive hobby, it wouldn't be so much fun!:D Reading is my "Cheap" hobby -- Amazon.com!:D
My wife really appreciates my blowing all of this money out the barrel when she has to go to work... while I sit here most of the day yakking or shopping.:rolleyes:
Wynn:behindsofa:

mr surveyor
02-07-2010, 10:44 AM
Yes,there is a jar of jellybeans on my kitchen floor.They are left over from a contest for the youth at the church I attend.The actual count was 894.I thought about throwing them away but they are so colorful I kind of hate to do it.Maybe if they start to mold.

I knew I had the right answer.... they were all in the jar... so "all of them" was correct

nya, nya, nya, nya, nya:D

surv

where's my imaginary prize?:w00t:

wyntrout
02-07-2010, 01:57 PM

Hey, that reminds me of my mother-in-law and her must-gos -- Leftovers that need to go. She asks "Do you want some of this before I throw it away?" This from a woman who offered me medicine that was 7 years past the expiration date! And, reuses tinfoil (the cheapest) and plastic bags!:eek:

Sorry, I hijacked your thread a while ago, Dietrich. I thought that you had grabbed all of your marbles... er, jelly beans and left!

zena
02-07-2010, 05:45 PM
Is this the same pickle jar Nemo is kept in?:boink:

wyntrout
02-07-2010, 05:58 PM
I haven't seen all of them, but the Doritos commercial on the SuperBowl almost made me fall out of my chair -- a must-see! I have the game on, but just for the commercials. I'm recording because I'm missing a lot doing this!:typing:

Who's on at halftime.

mx5fan
02-07-2010, 06:10 PM
Who's on at halftime.

The Who.....Yeah Baby!!!!! Now we're talkin.

wyntrout
02-07-2010, 06:25 PM
Shoot! I thought that someone would tell me who's on. I made a statement, not a question.:D Like "Who's on first.":p Did you ever see that old Abbot and Costello routine about that? Hilarious the first time or so you see it.

mx5fan
02-07-2010, 06:46 PM
Shoot! I thought that someone would tell me who's on. I made a statement, not a question.:D Like "Who's on first.":p Did you ever see that old Abbot and Costello routine about that? Hilarious the first time or so you see it.

Oh Yes, "Who's on first, what's on second. I loved Abbott and Costello, of course, I was a youngun....that's young-un, not young gun, although ;)

wyntrout
02-07-2010, 07:47 PM
Who was on at halftime. :D Yeah, that was way back with the Little Rascals and Three Stooges and so forth. My appreciation of that humor has really changed, though. I'm not watching the game, but I'm catching some of the commercials. I recorded the whole thing so I can zip through and watch the commercials. I don't know if any are funnier than the Doritos one, though. Oh, yeah, the phone-based info company B-- with the two geeks and the sumo wrestler is a hoot, too.
I've been around since '46 and we had TV around 1951 or so. I was actually on a couple of those "Howdy Doody-type" shows with my younger brother and sister a couple of times. We were part of the small audience of kids and got "used" on the following show as well. I was 5 or 6, I think. I met Lash LaRue at the bar in Tampa where my mother worked as a waitress way back ~ early 50's(?). I had an autographed 8 by10 from him until it fell apart from age and handling. And I once saw Trigger's tail and rear end in the horse trailer as RR & DE(?) were driving away -- the event was out of town and we got there too late.:(
Dang, all that was a long time ago! I sure don't feel that old. Dang those cameras, though. Those suckers sure don't lie!:rolleyes:
Saints 31 Colts 17. Game over.:cheer2:
Wynn
I sure like to yak! Can't type very well, but can spell and handle grammar, usually.:D

getsome
02-08-2010, 07:32 AM
only an aby normble person keeps his beans in a jar on the floor!!! On a side note to wyn's almost getting to see Roy and Dale....When I was a kid I got to meet The Cisco kid and sidekick Pancho at the fair...They were both drunk on their a%s....:cool:

Dietrich
02-08-2010, 07:48 AM
I saw Kirby Grant [Sky King] once when I was a kid.I think it was at a telethon of some sort.He was a very nice man and I was a very nervous young boy.I secretly had a huge crush on his niece Penny in the series.I had decided that if I ever stopped hating girls,she was going to be the one I stopped hating first.

getsome
02-08-2010, 08:10 AM
Wonder why they don't make good shows like those anymore....Saturday morning in front of the 19'' black and white watching tarzan or the 3 stooges is a fond memory...Have you seen whats on Saturday mornings for kids to watch now....VERY scary stuff!!!

Dietrich
02-08-2010, 08:16 AM
Wonder why they don't make good shows like those anymore....Saturday morning in front of the 19'' black and white watching tarzan or the 3 stooges is a fond memory...Have you seen whats on Saturday mornings for kids to watch now....VERY scary stuff!!!
My friend,you,me and our idea of good entertainment are as foreign to today`s youth as the 19 inch black and white tv you spoke of. World`s grown up in a helluva shape.

wyntrout
02-08-2010, 08:23 AM
Ah, Sky King, Gang Busters, and Gunsmoke, to name a few... oh, yeah! The Shadow, and was there a Whistler! All of those old radio shows that I used to listen to.
A few days ago I was sitting here typing and I saw an eagle chasing and attacking some kind of water bird as big as he was. I don't know if the eagle got the other bird 'cause that went on until they got out of sight. That's the first time I've seen an eagle do that.
I've seen an osprey swoop through the trees out back between a big fork, forgetting about the squirrel he was after 'cause he suddenly had too many branches and the tree to miss. I did see one of those squatting on the ground one day and thought he was hurt. As I started toward him/her it leaped up and flew off clumsily with a dang squirrel hanging from its talons!
I sit here too much typing, shopping, and bird watching... and watching for delivery trucks... UPS, FedEx, or my mail carrier buddy. I don't get as much done around the house as I should... but I'm retired! I've got three or four un-read newspapers lying on the table and I need to go get today's. I kind of feel bad when the mail carrier picks up the paper and brings it to me. He drives up my ~150 foot driveway and if he's not in a hurry or a Postal Inspector watching him we talk a bit... yeah, I listen a bit, too.:D
Well, it's another nice day here, I guess. It got below 40 degrees here this morning, but I didn't see if there was any of the predicted, possible frost at about 6:30 -- still too dark. I've seen it a few times -- almost like snow.
Well, I had better rustle up some breakfast... maybe just an oatmeal and raisin breakfast cookie with my coffee this morning.
Y'all have a nice day and I'll gab some more later -- not a threat!:typing::blah:

Bawanna
02-08-2010, 09:07 AM
My friend,you,me and our idea of good entertainment are as foreign to today`s youth as the 19 inch black and white tv you spoke of. World`s grown up in a helluva shape.

I got all my training from F Troop as a wee lad. I still miss it.

getsome
02-08-2010, 10:53 AM
How did I forget the Batman tv show....I watched part an episode on cable a while back...the show was about the 60's culture....I've got to admit the Batman part was pretty cheesy but back in the day I never missed a show... Same Bat time, Same Bat channel...of which there were only 3 ABC, NBC and CBS but there was more decent stuff to watch than my current cable system with several hundred channels!!!!

wyntrout
02-08-2010, 04:14 PM
Superman set the standard for cheesy. It has always amazed me that Lois couldn't tell who Superman was. I mean how much imagination does it take to picture glasses on Superman...duh!
I could have been one of the Little Rascals 'cause I was about as active at doing crazy things. I was a little entrepreneurial as well at about 10 years, I bought a candy bar with my nickel and sold it to another kid at school for a dime -- 100% profit, not counting transportation costs (0). I think that a quarter would get you into a double feature and get you popcorn and a coke -- at least on the Saturday Matinee.:D
I like watching DVDs at home with no other people yakking to drown my yakking out (my partner wants me to shut up!). We can take breaks and our refreshments are whatever we want and cheap! I don't know what to do about Avatar, though. I would hate to miss the 3-D. I wonder if they have a 3-D version for home use with those nifty red and blue lensed "glasses"?:confused:
I bought but haven't seen yet, a previously-viewed DVD of the latest Star Trek movie from BlockBuster (or copied a rental for later viewing) and am thinking of renting the darn Blue Ray version, now that I have the setup.
I haven't really experienced the 1080P yet.:)
Is my time up? Okay, I yield the thread.:D:blah:
Wynn

getsome
02-09-2010, 06:55 AM
I picked up a dvd of The Hurt Locker over the weekend...Watched it last light and if you haven't seen it I highly recommend it, Great movie...Its good to see a movie that shows what the sand box is really like for the brave men and women keeping us safe....Hoo Rah...Semper Fi.....:84:

wyntrout
02-09-2010, 08:08 AM
I picked up a dvd of The Hurt Locker over the weekend...Watched it last light and if you haven't seen it I highly recommend it, Great movie...Its good to see a movie that shows what the sand box is really like for the brave men and women keeping us safe....Hoo Rah...Semper Fi.....:84:

It's definitely on my list!