PDA

View Full Version : Jam

Abraham
03-10-2012, 05:47 PM
I just bought a TM1 and it quite often jams on every other shot. I stripped it down and gave it a thorough cleaning and oiling and it does it just alittle less often. Today I noticed that when I fire a round the bottom of the bolt rubs on the top of the next round in the magazine and sometimes pushes the round forward to the point of the bullet sticking out of the end of the mag, which then catches sideways when it tries to feed it. How the heck can I get it to stop?

Chuck54
03-10-2012, 05:48 PM
Tm1 ?

Abraham
03-10-2012, 06:00 PM
Yeah. TM1 (M1/Military Model)

Bawanna
03-10-2012, 06:04 PM
Do it with different mags or worse with some other than others?

vedearduff
03-13-2012, 01:01 PM
The rounds feed from the mag alternating from side to side. If I remember correctly, the first round feeds from the right side of the mag. With this in mind, the odd numbered rounds feed from the right and the even numbers feed from the left.

Does the jam always occur from a round loaded from the same side of the mag? If so, you could have a problem with your bolt.

Vernon

Abraham
03-13-2012, 04:25 PM
You can see brass on the bottom of the bolt where its been rubbing on round in both sides of the mag. I only have the one magazine.

DeaconKC
03-13-2012, 07:37 PM
You can try an old method of smoothing an action up. Disassemble, and put lapping compound on the bolt rails, then run the bolt back and forth about a hundred times without the spring in it. Clean thoroughly then lube and reassemble.

vedearduff
03-13-2012, 08:21 PM
You can see brass on the bottom of the bolt where its been rubbing on round in both sides of the mag. I only have the one magazine.

You mentioned every other round in your first post. The stick mags have two columns, the first round is fed from the left column and the second from the column on the right (I had it backwards earlier). Have all of your miss feeds been from the same column?

I read a thread on another forum (I'll post a link if I can remember where) that dealt with a similar problem. It turned out to be a poorly heat treated bolt that deformed in such a way that it would feed rounds from one column but would jam on rounds from the other column.

I hope this is not your problem, but Kahr took care of it and the posters TM1 (his was also a TM1) functions flawlessly now.

Vernon

Abraham
03-28-2012, 02:16 PM
Turns out the two flaps of metal on the top of the magazine were bent down alittle. This wouldn't let the the rounds get high enough to cycle properly. Bent em out to where they should be and now it runs like a champ. Thanks for everyone's input