PDA

View Full Version : Went to the gun show this weekend...

In-Yo-Grill
02-08-2010, 09:35 AM
At first I was a little discouraged because I didn't see any vendors with a variety of Kahrs to look at. In fact I went at least an hour without seeing a single one. Then it was one here and there...mostly .40cals

Then I hit a couple of jackpots. One guy even had a P380. I got to fondle that one and a PM9. I wasn't going to go but I'm sure glad I did. Getting to see them in person and compare sizes to other guns around them is great.

The P380 was actually a pretty good price at $548 with the PM9 being slightly higher at $568. I tried to get the guy to come down on price offering to buy two guns but he didn't budge. I look forward to seeing them again next month and I think I'll be ready to pick up on these two gems.

On a side note I also found a purse for the wife that had a concealment pocket for her gun. That way we will both leave there happy...

hsart
02-08-2010, 09:44 AM
I was amazed at the rich selection a few weeks ago at a local SW Florida gunshow. I went towards the end of the day Sunday and saw tables of virtually every maker and model. One table had about a dozen Sig P238s and several Kahr P380s. The prices you saw are probably some of the lowest out there. Not surprised he didn't budge in price.

In-Yo-Grill
02-08-2010, 09:53 AM
I was amazed at the rich selection a few weeks ago at a local SW Florida gunshow. I went towards the end of the day Sunday and saw tables of virtually every maker and model. One table had about a dozen Sig P238s and several Kahr P380s. The prices you saw are probably some of the lowest out there. Not surprised he didn't budge in price.

Yeah I've researched them enough to know that the price was good. Doesn't hurt to ask...right?

It's either pay tax locally or pay for shipping and transfer if bought over the internet.

Vinikahr
02-08-2010, 09:59 AM
Those P380 are hard to get and to find. I am waiting when they become available at the place I buy my firearms with the LE discount. I took me about 2 years to get PM9 at the price I wanted. Gun show lately are becoming so expensive. When I go is just to sell and get out.

jocko
02-08-2010, 10:00 AM
I went to a very small gun how this past saturday and nary a kahr was in the building... Losts of pocket smith snubby's...

getsome
02-08-2010, 11:21 AM
Man I love gun shows...We have the Eastman show that comes to north Atlanta 2-3 times a year....I took my son to one in the fall and talk about the proverbial "Kid in a candy shop" He was amazed....Little turkey is 14 years old and has been shooting about 2 years and can shoot my pants off with ease...They say its those young eyes...Oh well we always have fun shooting together...One real neat thing happened as they were closing....I found a gentleman selling reloading equipment and supplies....I had just bought my Ruger LCP and was having a tough time (still am) finding ammo for it so I asked him if he had a set of .380 dies along with some primers and .380 FMJ bullets...he was packing up but took the time fo find everything I needed...The total came to about $65.00 or so....I pulled out a credit card but he had already unplugged his equipment and packed it away...I told him I didnt have enough cash on me and started to put the stuff back...He said don't worry about it, Just send me a check Monday and he gave me a business card with the amount written on it... He didnt want my drivers license number or phone number or anything...So I walked out without paying a cent...My son couldn't believe it...He had never seen anyone do anything like that before....He asked my on the way to the truck, Dad how does he know you will pay him?....I thought about it for a minute and said, He just does son, you see thats what being part of The Gun Culture is all about.....

500KV
02-08-2010, 11:55 AM
Man I love gun shows...We have the Eastman show that comes to north Atlanta 2-3 times a year....I took my son to one in the fall and talk about the proverbial "Kid in a candy shop" He was amazed....Little turkey is 14 years old and has been shooting about 2 years and can shoot my pants off with ease...They say its those young eyes...Oh well we always have fun shooting together...One real neat thing happened as they were closing....I found a gentleman selling reloading equipment and supplies....I had just bought my Ruger LCP and was having a tough time (still am) finding ammo for it so I asked him if he had a set of .380 dies along with some primers and .380 FMJ bullets...he was packing up but took the time fo find everything I needed...The total came to about $65.00 or so....I pulled out a credit card but he had already unplugged his equipment and packed it away...I told him I didnt have enough cash on me and started to put the stuff back...He said don't worry about it, Just send me a check Monday and he gave me a business card with the amount written on it... He didnt want my drivers license number or phone number or anything...So I walked out without paying a cent...My son couldn't believe it...He had never seen anyone do anything like that before....He asked my on the way to the truck, Dad how does he know you will pay him?....I thought about it for a minute and said, He just does son, you see thats what being part of The Gun Culture is all about.....
That's a great story getsome.
The way business used to get done.
Now everybody's out for #1.
Boy we've made some great progress in the past few years haven't we?

Glad you got the items you needed and your son got a lesson in personal responsibility.

my1stpocketgun
02-08-2010, 12:19 PM
I still love gunshows too! I'm so glad your son got to witness a deal the way things used to be. Two people able to trust each other on their word, it was great for him to see and I hope he can hold onto that. It's great to be a Dad....thanks for the story

In-Yo-Grill
02-08-2010, 12:46 PM
Yeah the prices at gun shows on some things is still way too much. Ammo is rediculous. $33 for a box of .380 ball ammo? I don't think so Tim.

Still I knew these Kahrs were a decent price and got some business cards from the vendors. They told me if I wanted I could place and order a couple of weeks before the next gun show and they'd bring it down for me. I'm all for saving on shipping.

In-Yo-Grill
02-08-2010, 12:58 PM
Forgot to mention. The same guy had an MK9 Elite '03' for $600. Boy was I tempted to whoop out the credit card and take them all...

wyntrout
02-08-2010, 01:39 PM
Man! I-Y-G, that's the $30 less than the price I paid for my P380N(with shipping) the end of last April, and still no word. If I had seen that price, I would probably have bought it, but I did consider and turn down the LCPs when they were advertised for $299.99 in the Gander Mountain Flier here a month or so ago. At the last gun show the black LCP was ~$360 or more and the silver-framed one $380! I don't know what the difference is. I saw at least one P380 for $700. Most of the maybe two dozen or so Kahrs I saw were CW 40s or 9s. I saw one CW40 with "velour" grips and Crimson Trace Laser. Later I found out it was Agrip(?) I didn't catch the price on that or whether it was used because someone picked it up and was playing with the laser that I hadn't even noticed. It was a smaller show than I remember them having at the fairgrounds. I'm looking forward to the larger one at the Morocco Shriner Temple here in March. I might be able to swing something then, if I find another no-brainer deal.
I love gun shows, too, but there's too much non-shooting stuff sometimes.
Wynn:D

In-Yo-Grill
02-08-2010, 01:52 PM
With tax I'd still be looking at $593.00 out the door so it was a hard pill to swallow being I just bought two new TV's for the house. Love that Sony Bravia...

wyntrout
02-08-2010, 03:54 PM
With tax I'd still be looking at $593.00 out the door so it was a hard pill to swallow being I just bought two new TV's for the house. Love that Sony Bravia...
Yeah, I hear ya. I went crazy last month (58" plasma, PM9, water heater/installation, and more!) and need to sit on my hands this month... however, next month or the month after, maybe I can look at another gun. I'll probably still be waiting on the P380N, anyhow. I was thinking about getting a P380N, if I find one, and seeing about changing my other order to a PM45N DLC.:rolleyes:
Next gun show March 27/28 -- dang!
Wynn

Dietrich
02-08-2010, 05:26 PM
I-Y-G, you are a wise man.At every gunshow I attend,I`m constantly looking for something that SHE WHO MUST BE OBEYED will like.It sure helps grease the skids if I find something I can`t live without.Still catch some flak but not an unreasonable amount.