PDA

View Full Version : Who buy's guns from gun shows?

Bot
02-08-2010, 05:38 PM
Where I live all the gun ranges give you 3 months of free shooting if you buy a gun through them. I also notice their prices are lower than what you see at gun shows. Do any of you get free range time where you live? If not maybe you could suggest it lol. I do love going to the gun shows though.

medezyner
02-08-2010, 06:01 PM
Thats pretty good marketing. The range I use to frequent had a decent variety of in-stock firearms with very competative pricing but they didnt hook you up with the 3 months. The next time I'm there to check the latest stock I'm going to drop that marketing brainstorm. It might be worth a 10% discount? Nah.

Dietrich
02-08-2010, 06:13 PM
You can find a deal at the shows on occasion but you have to know what things are really worth.Here in North Carolina,I`ve noticed undercover Feds trying to catch someone in an illegal sale at some shows as of late.I had one try to buddy up to me a few months ago.I was carrying a .357 in its` box,looking for a holster that I liked and he tried to get me to sell it to him.I love to unnerve people so I played along like a good ol` boy.We were shooting the bull when a not attractive woman walked past and he made a snide remark. I looked at him and said "Hell,when I was single I didn`t turn nothing down but young boys...and I turned them face down." He didn`t seem to want to talk to me no more.God,I love gun shows!!:59:

medezyner
02-08-2010, 07:13 PM
We were shooting the bull when a not attractive woman walked past and he made a snide remark. I looked at him and said "Hell,when I was single I didn`t turn nothing down but young boys...and I turned them face down." He didn`t seem to want to talk to me no more.God,I love gun shows!!:59:

LOL, thats a good one, youre lucky he didnt want to talk to you any more! :eek:

Smoke Eater
02-08-2010, 08:25 PM
I found an HK P7M8 gently used for $850, good luck finding that at a gun store! I prefer a nice mixture of both, most of my safe queens are new and alot of my shooters are used!

Vinikahr
02-08-2010, 09:43 PM
I never buy at Gun shows, they are very expensive, I buy either online and or do the layaway thing. The only thing I do at the gun show is sell and get the hell out of there in a NY minute.

Price
02-08-2010, 10:11 PM
one of the ranges here gives one hour of range time with gun purchase and they do have the best selection in the area by far but the hour of range time costs $14 and you can bet thats not worth the higher price there as compared to other small gun shops. I was very close to buying a new cw45 at a gun show a while back for 419 but that was before I was sure I wanted a kahr. I got on here and some other places and read up after that and went to the gun shop of the same guys that had it at the gun show. Got it for the same price and they have become my go to shop.

jocko
02-09-2010, 02:31 AM
I went to a smallgun show last saturday, Paid my $5 to enter and was there about 20 minutes tops. No ammo for sale at all, mostly long guns and Smith J frame . very few semi's Not one kahr in the building. only thing selling was the hot dog stand. use dot be gun shows were the best plce to buy right, doesn't seem that way anymore. Sure didn't see people grabbing their wallets either...

ripley16
02-09-2010, 05:34 AM
I'm fortunate in that in the Northern Virginia area, there are qute a few gun show, and there are a good number of sellers that show up with ample stock. Dark Sun and Trader Jerry's are among several that always have good prices. The last pistol I bought was the CW9 at $328.

Found a left handed AR, (always hard to find and over a Grand), for my son, for less than $900. He was happy. :D

I love going to gun shows, just to see the latest and greatest , but mainly to fondle and drool, :rain: (like I did over the FN SCAR)

steve666
02-09-2010, 05:50 AM
But usually find what I am going to buy online. Both of the two dealers here who have ranges are overpriced. One gives you a token for a free range session, the other you are just as happy they don't.:(

In-Yo-Grill
02-09-2010, 06:10 AM
I've bought from Gun Shows before but I don't make a habit out of it. They used to be the best deal in town. Now I mainly use them to fondle their guns and get a feel for something I may want to buy in the future.

jkalantzis
02-09-2010, 11:07 AM
I think if my local gun range gave me free range time for 3 months I'd probably be purchasing a new pistol, I don't know, maybe every 3 months.

In-Yo-Grill
02-09-2010, 11:26 AM
I think if my local gun range gave me free range time for 3 months I'd probably be purchasing a new pistol, I don't know, maybe every 3 months.

I like the way you think...

johnh
02-09-2010, 11:50 AM
I have sold at shows, but rarely bought a gun. Ammo yes, but not really guns. We do have a pretty good vendor locally at shows since CMMG tends to come down. They usually have tons of uppers, parts, mags, and their "trash bin" of ARs for sale. Those clean out pretty fast. Good guys to chat with too!

John

wyntrout
02-09-2010, 11:56 AM
I try to keep up on the prices of stuff I'm interested in and take advantage of good deals and leave the not so good alone. Sometimes you can find a good deal on a used item, but buyer beware, especially for outfits that aren't regulars and "shady" characters walking around selling stuff (as I do sometimes -- guns or ammo). Sometimes you find out why that particular item seemed like such a good deal -- it was someone else's problem and now it's yours!:confused: You probably won't ever see that person again.:mad:
It's fun to look and compare stuff, though, just like visiting the brick and mortar stores to check something out before buying it discounted online with no taxes and maybe even free shipping.:D
I gave the local stores several chances before ordering that Samsung 58" plasma from Amazon.com -- AMAZON, not some other well-reputed store or unknown "good deal." I know that Amazon will make things right immediately if something's wrong.<<Dang, UPS didn't stop -- the only thing undelivered is my Kahr stuff>>.:(
After research, I try to get the best deal I can and if it will be close to what the local dealer is asking, it will be beneficial to go with him. Some places like Costco and Wal*Mart let you buy stuff online and return it to the local store if you're not happy or there's something wrong. But you pay taxes for stuff online when the company has a presence in your state.:(
Wynn:blah::p

getsome
02-09-2010, 12:09 PM
Have you ever had to fight the illogical, crazy impulse to chase down UPS to be sure he didn't forget your package???:D

wyntrout
02-09-2010, 12:16 PM
Nope, but if I'm expecting something and see them come around the corner, I go out and meet them at the truck. I've opened the door and started out a few times to have them drive by... or deliver to my neighbor across the street!:o
When I used to do mail order, I would put an order into the mail and start watching for it the next day. Now, I can order online and track the package's progress... kind of like "Are we there, yet?" with kids when traveling.:rolleyes:

Wynn

There has been the rare occasion when I started out and they passed by... then after I sat down I saw them come around the block and stop. Packages are kind of like Christmas gifts... to myself.:o

TheSorb
02-09-2010, 12:28 PM
I looked at him and said "Hell,when I was single I didn`t turn nothing down but young boys...and I turned them face down."

Is it just me, or is that an extremely disturbing thing to say...even in jest?!:eek:

wyntrout
02-09-2010, 12:40 PM
Is it just me, or is that an extremely disturbing thing to say...even in jest?!:eek:

Not so much, but the gang gets upset if you tell them you glance down the barrel of your loaded Kahr, fingers clear of the trigger, when they will tell you all day that Kahrs won't fire unless you pull the trigger fully!
Besides, that's just "weird old Uncle Dietrich.":D
<<Just joking... both of us... I guess!>>

TheSorb
02-09-2010, 12:47 PM
Not so much, but the gang gets upset if you tell them you glance down the barrel of your loaded Kahr, fingers clear of the trigger, when they will tell you all day that Kahrs won't fire unless you pull the trigger fully!
Besides, that's just "weird old Uncle Dietrich.":D
<<Just joking... both of us... I guess!>>

WHAT???:crazy:

wyntrout
02-09-2010, 12:55 PM
WHAT???:crazy:

Hey! "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.", "people who live in glass houses shouldn't....", 'live and let live", Hmmm, not sure about that one. Yadda, Yadda....
Wynn:w00t::001_tt2:

getsome
02-09-2010, 01:06 PM
Hello The Sorb....Go back and read the thread "how to load +1" You see I haven't been here very long myself, none of us have but you have to watch out for a few of us who aren't normble...Yea new term/normble...Ol wyn there likes to look down the barrel of his loaded weapon and say hi to the cute little hollow point in there....We are trying to get him over this but I don't think its going to work, I'm hoping to introduce him to the concept of using a mirror....As for Dietrich?...What can you say about a guy who bakes nekid....he is really a good guy but is just extremely disturbed thats all....We wont go into the jocko vs Jim K thing even though we all know it the same guy that cant stop fighting with himself...I could go on and on but just stick around and post away...There are really lots of good folks here and a few whacko's (myself included) Enjoy the site and much good info here as well!!!:cool:

wyntrout
02-09-2010, 01:08 PM
Thanks, Getsome, I resemble that. Just remember that there's a First Amendment... just before the Second!:D
Wynn, 63 going on 4. And besides, I've probably mishandled more guns than you've handled... well, most of you... maybe:D

getsome
02-09-2010, 01:12 PM
Yea, thank God and Country we are all free to be a little crazy sometimes:75:

wyntrout
02-09-2010, 01:26 PM
Sometimes when you turn that sack over and the kitten falls out, you start feeling a bit like Julius Caesar when he turned to his bud and asked "Et Tu, Brute?"... :40: or something like that.:eek:
Dang, I need to go wash the romaine for the salad tonight. My partner's off work tonight and tomorrow night, and I'm the cook... and glad the dishwasher's fixed... finally, after waiting over a month for parts. Chief cook is okay, but washing all that other stuff sucks... we just rinse out the wine bottles for recycling... green that way.
I'm going to try Sam's Club's Angus Beef Tenderloin for the first time(Sam's not tenderloin).
Wynn:D

wyntrout
02-09-2010, 06:49 PM
Found on the memory chip in what was left of Wynn's camera :ohmy::
http://kahrtalk.com/general-discussion/1195-black-residue.html#post10708
:crazy::behindsofa::D

Osu Bowhunter
02-09-2010, 10:15 PM
I recently found a local gun range that will give you a free year membership, or a free firearms training class when you purchase a weapon from them. I was surprised to hear this because their prices are very competitive. My next pistol purchase will be at there shop.

Smoke Eater
02-09-2010, 10:44 PM
just smile and nod! and don't turn your back to 'em!;)