PDA

View Full Version : Diamondback DB9

Lethal Threat
03-17-2012, 08:20 PM
Discourage anyone you know from buying one of these. They are nothing but a disappointing P0$.
DO NOT BUY ONE!

yqtszhj
03-17-2012, 08:41 PM
Welcome to the forum and thanks for the input. Sorry if you picked up one of these.

If you're in the market I would suggest looking at a Kahr CW9 or CM9. I have had both.

I looked at the Ruger LC9 and own the LCP and I tell you the Kahr's are very fine handguns for the price.

Lethal Threat
03-17-2012, 09:06 PM
I do own a PM9 all black with night sights. Cadillac!

Longitude Zero
03-18-2012, 06:47 AM
I agree. Kahr is first rate, DB is POS!!!

Popeye
03-18-2012, 09:24 AM
I have to say I haven't heard to many positives about the DB. I have to ask if you already own a PM9 what made you want to buy a DB9?

VBVAGUY
03-18-2012, 05:59 PM
Sorry you had problems with yours. I have one and have over 1000 problem free rounds through mine. God Bless :)

Longitude Zero
03-18-2012, 08:05 PM
Over at the DB board the admin has become very sensitive and almost a post Gestapo. I check regularily and he gets his nose out of joint at virtually every negative post or post that does not crow how good the POS gun is. He really needs a chill pill or a well placed boodocker into his mouth aka keister.

lowroad
03-19-2012, 06:22 AM
When I knew the Keltec and I were parting ways, I looked at both the DB and the Kahr (once I found out the CM series was out there making one affordable to me). Basically the talk of the legendary Kahr trigger sold me, and I am now the proud owner of a little Cm9 for edc. Glad I went the correct route. For once. :D

Longitude Zero
03-19-2012, 06:33 AM
I too am very glad you made the correct choice, KAHR.

Barth
03-19-2012, 08:29 AM
When I knew the Keltec and I were parting ways, I looked at both the DB and the Kahr (once I found out the CM series was out there making one affordable to me). Basically the talk of the legendary Kahr trigger sold me, and I am now the proud owner of a little Cm9 for edc. Glad I went the correct route. For once. :D

Particularly with firearms - you get what you pay for.
Going economy and getting the cheapest thing on the market usually doesn't bode well.

The internet is a wonderful tool though.
Anyone can research just about any product and get the skinny on it.

TheTman
03-19-2012, 12:41 PM
I bought one, and unloaded it as soon as I could. It shot fine for guys with bigger hands, but I couldn't get it to shoot 2 shots in a row. I think the frame flexed too much in my small hands and got the feed ramp misaligned from the magazine when shooting it. Man it's frustrating to watch a guy run a couple trouble free mags thru your pistol when it hangs up on every shot for you. It's was a neat looking little gun, wish I could have got it to work for me, but since my Boberg arrived I have a nice dependable metal framed 9mm +P, 8 shot pocket pistol about the size of a p380 with a tad longer barrel than the PM/CM9. Although for the cost of it I could have had a PM9 and a CM9. Oh, and the DB9 is punishing to shoot even with the compensated barrel.

Lethal Threat
03-22-2012, 06:29 PM
I bought several pocket pistols the last few months. Looking for the one that had the package and was easy to deal with. The DB9 is a nice package and was easy to handle. The quality was terrible. I do like my Kahr PM9 and have migrated to it being EDC. The Ruger LCP works best for me when I have to dress for job and travel.

I have a Sig, I have a Glock.

If they get it cleaned up and dependable where I won't talk bad about their "Lorcin" I would buy another one. Then maybe they would let me come back to their forum since they banned me for bad mouthing their ugly baby.

Longitude Zero
03-22-2012, 07:24 PM
Welcome to the club. I got bannned from that poopoo site too. The sniveling/spinless/weasel that runs the board has no backbone or tolerance. I hit the site on my work PC since my home IP was banned and he has started locking threads at the first negative post.

He needs a boondocker up his keister.

Lethal Threat
03-23-2012, 07:23 PM
It dawned on me today a good use for the DB9. Watching the many gun shows on TV they always talk about racking and clearing a firearm under pressure when it fails to feed or eject. These would make GREAT pistols for that type practice. Maybe all is not lost after all.

Longitude Zero
03-23-2012, 07:32 PM
Considering that it fails quite a bit I thing you have got it covered.

Cokeman
03-23-2012, 09:29 PM
I think they are one of the more ugly guns.

The original post was pretty harsh. I'd be more interested in the details instead of that.

Lethal Threat
03-24-2012, 08:06 PM
I think they are one of the more ugly guns.

The original post was pretty harsh. I'd be more interested in the details instead of that.

1)After owning it a week and about 100 rounds the trigger broke.
2)Every magazine has either FTE or FTF.
3)Trigger bar broke.
4)Rear frame rail cracked on both sides.
5)Noticed this weekend the front frame rail has a crack in it.

chipD
03-24-2012, 08:38 PM
3)Trigger bar broke.

Wow that'sa boat load of problems. I have a cheap Hi Point C9 over 300 rounds just a couple of FTFs early on. Don't get me wrong I would not use it as an EDC, but it is cheap range practice. I did tweak the mag lips out a bit and leave the magazines loaded for a couple weeks after the first 50 round outing. The thing has ran smooth since then.

Cokeman
03-24-2012, 09:57 PM
3)Trigger bar broke.

Sounds like you got a good one. ;)