PDA

View Full Version : Kahr Caps On Sale -- Review of Mugs

wyntrout
02-09-2010, 02:29 PM
Ha! I was just over at the sink when the doorbell rang and I saw a guy walking away -- FedEx... with my Kahr order. No outstanding orders now. Order placed 02/01/2010 and just received it ~4PM EST. I kept the order just under $50 and got as much as I could for the $6 shipping.:p
The mugs are made in China, of course, and there was a little piece of paper in one mug: "To preserve the vibrancy of your mug/glassware, please hand wash with mild detergent and do not store it for long periods of time in direct sunlight." That means not dishwasher safe!! Bummer! The sticker on the bottom of the mug says "Ink Jet Mug Made In China". Dang!
I'm glad for the warning. I have a couple of 1-liter beer steins from Germany that were glass with painted logos. Those logos disappeared eventually in the dishwasher -- there's a strong bleaching agent in dishwasher detergent, plus the heat. Pix included. That's one of those orange "Take Down Block K Series" and the little bottle is 1 oz. Miltech lube.
Wynn:)

Wow. Talk about ungrateful! I wish that I had a picture of her face(:001_huh:) when I told my partner that was her valentine's gift -- a Kahr cap and mug!:rolleyes:

getsome
02-09-2010, 02:36 PM
Wyn, You really do like living dangerously don't you!!!! If you give the boss a hat and mug (Nice hats) you might be looking down the barrel at that nice shiny new hollow point but this time the gun won't be in your hand!!!:eek:

wyntrout
02-09-2010, 02:40 PM
Wyn, You really do like living dangerously don't you!!!! If you give the boss a hat and mug (Nice hats) you might be looking down the barrel at that nice shiny new hollow point but this time the gun won't be in your hand!!!:eek:
I guess that I ought to take her out to eat, at least. I have to stay on her good side.... I kind of feel like Andy Capp sometimes. I'm always posting those cartoons on the fridge, and she's NOT amused.:p
Well, back to washing the salad stuff!
Wynn

getsome
02-09-2010, 02:45 PM
Good Boy...Women love a man with dishpan hands!

wyntrout
02-09-2010, 03:05 PM
Good Boy...Women love a man with dishpan hands!

Yeah, I got dishpan thumbs... which is why the UpLulas were timely purchases.:)
I need to use the rubber gloves more often. And she went for the dining out... wants to do it near the beach and walk along the beach... if it's not raining. It's about 60 degrees now, but I don't know about near the beach tomorrow. Will have to wait and see. <Sigh> Her birthday is the end of the month... I hate shopping for anyone else, but I can't just give her a check or money.:D
Dining out again... maybe a trip down to Daytona if the races are over... don't like crowds... salad... must make salad.
Wynn:)

Vinikahr
02-09-2010, 04:09 PM
So, that is where Bubba the Dog went, it was immortalize on a mug!

mx5fan
02-09-2010, 04:17 PM
Oh, and I love the Saguaro Cactus on the "Made in China" label:crazy:

wyntrout
02-09-2010, 04:18 PM
So, that is where Bubba the Dog went, it was immortalize on a mug!

Well, that depends on what you call immortalized. If you don't follow the directions for washing the mugs, he'll just fade away.:eek:
I think that they had other stuff with him on it, but not much. I didn't need more mugs, but the postage was right and they're cute. I don't know why my wife gave me such a look about getting one of those and cap for Valentine's gifts!:confused: Women! Gotta love'm... someone said that. I'm lucky to have mine and I do love her. Hmmm... I wonder if I could get her a gun... and she has a birthday the end of the month... hmmm. :boink: I think that might push her over the edge and I would be looking at one of those little hollow points down that tube. Nah... she wouldn't do that. I've seen her mad and I don't think that she's ever been that kind of mad at me... and I don't want to see that, either.
She's a sweet loving wife that works so I can sit here doing this and shopping all day... don't tell her I said that!:eek:
Wynn

Vinikahr
02-09-2010, 04:39 PM
Well, that depends on what you call immortalized. If you don't follow the directions for washing the mugs, he'll just fade away.:eek:
I think that they had other stuff with him on it, but not much. I didn't need more mugs, but the postage was right and they're cute. I don't know why my wife gave me such a look about getting one of those and cap for Valentine's gifts!:confused: Women! Gotta love'm... someone said that. I'm lucky to have mine and I do love her. Hmmm... I wonder if I could get her a gun... and she has a birthday the end of the month... hmmm. :boink: I think that might push her over the edge and I would be looking at one of those little hollow points down that tube. Nah... she wouldn't do that. I've seen her mad and I don't think that she's ever been that kind of mad at me... and I don't want to see that, either.
She's a sweet loving wife that works so I can sit here doing this and shopping all day... don't tell her I said that!:eek:
Wynn

Never give gifts to your wife thinking that it will account for all the occasions in one shot. When you are marry, you will have to give gifts for every occasion, and does not matter if several fall in one month that does not fly. I ended buying at one time 8 gifts in one month for my wife. After that we compromise.:boink:

wyntrout
02-10-2010, 09:48 AM
Update on the Kahr Mugs: I like a large mug and the handle should accommodate at least three fingers for comfort. This mug holds 11 ounces and three medium-sized fingers fit the handle -- mine do, but if your fingers are fa... I mean large, then it will be a tight fit or not fit. Hand-washing it won't be a biggy because I usually did that with my "personal" 12 ounce mug.
And the caps have a velcro tab on the rear -- not a buckle or snaps -- better.
Wynn

No injuries were sustained in my creating the new Avatar. Just sharing the view! w00t:
Say hi to Mr. D.T. Hollowpoint!:D

deadhead1971
02-10-2010, 10:00 AM
No injuries were sustained in my creating the new Avatar.

No, but I feel like I'm looking down the barrel of a loaded PM9. It has a psychological affect. :roll:

wyntrout
02-10-2010, 10:06 AM
No, but I feel like I'm looking down the barrel of a loaded PM9. It has a psychological affect. :roll:
That's the effect I was "aiming" at -- when the BG's eyes get as big as saucers and he can see the next thing that might be "going through his mind"!
Wow! What a sentence!
Wynn:D

zena
02-10-2010, 06:38 PM

A negative psychological effect! The only time I like looking into a barrel is when the gun is in lots of pieces. The other 2 times are still imprinted in my mind and I don't like thinking about them.

Thanks for the product review. Don't know that a mug from China is a real safe thing to drink from.....but for a guy who can look a hollow point in the eye and laugh....maybe not so scary.:spider:

Bawanna
02-10-2010, 08:02 PM
A negative psychological effect! The only time I like looking into a barrel is when the gun is in lots of pieces. The other 2 times are still imprinted in my mind and I don't like thinking about them.

Thanks for the product review. Don't know that a mug from China is a real safe thing to drink from.....but for a guy who can look a hollow point in the eye and laugh....maybe not so scary.:spider:

Touche Ms Zena. Makes everything relative. Try not to think about them other 2 times, I'm curious but you can share those perhaps on the road to Parma if the Hummer gets done pending no call outs by that Mr. Dietrich fella. I'm sorry no Dr. Phils or his mentor in the limo.

I got a Kahr hat for signing up for this forum, think it's the first free thing I ever got. Thought maybe there would be a ceremony or something, nice hat though. I seldom wash a coffee mug, lose the mother kind of like sourdough bread.:rolleyes:

wyntrout
02-10-2010, 09:21 PM

You're right about the mug. I think that China gets rid of its hazardous waste by putting it in the toys and other things they sell us -- lead, melamine, cadmium and who knows what other nasty stuff. I probably OD on lead at the indoor range. I don't think there's any protection or proper ventilation.
I think that I need a better picture of my PM9. I grabbed the closest flashlight and it was too blue. I was trying to focus on something at the correct distance before pointing the camera down the tube to get the soldier waiting there.
My wife and I had a nice Valentine's Day dinner tonight at Carrabba's. She goes back to work 2-11 PM Thursday through Monday night, so this was our best chance. I guess that I have two mugs and two caps to myself. It would be nice if I knew for sure the glaze on the mugs wasn't lead-based.
The caps have Shasta Wear labels and I couldn't find China anywhere in or on the cap.
Ah, time to check the lotteries. Sure would like to buy a large gun collection, indoor range, and bunker-type house to put all of that stuff in.:D
Wynn

Bummer -- no luck. Well, there's always the HGTV Dream Home out there in New Mexico. It comes with $500K, but that won't cover the taxes. I guess that selling the house would leave me a little cash, though.:D