PDA

View Full Version : Red Jacket Firearms...Posers & Fools???

Longitude Zero
03-21-2012, 05:52 PM
What say the forum...I believe there is too much drama here and they are more posers.

apheod
03-21-2012, 06:13 PM
pretty much.

yqtszhj
03-21-2012, 06:44 PM
Maybe, but Academy Sports carries Red Jacket AR's for about $1300. I haven't seen it but the guy behind the counter was telling me about it.

One big thing to consider is the show is made in Louisiana and folks there are a little different. Not necessarily in a bad way, just different. I found this out personally. Lots of Drama in real life.

apheod
03-21-2012, 06:51 PM
yessuh.

kris is a jackass. i want to punch him in the face everytime he says that.

1slinginlead2
03-21-2012, 06:56 PM
I don't think it's them. i think the channel and producers play a big big part in that. Drama = ratings.

MLESa7990
03-21-2012, 07:22 PM
I don't think it's them. i think the channel and producers play a big big part in that. Drama = ratings.

Fact.

kgturner
03-21-2012, 08:05 PM
I imagine if someone followed you around 40+ hours a week with a camera filming your every move, they could edit that footage down and portray you any way they wanted. Editing can make a sinner a saint and vice versa.

Kevin T

dirty_sanchez
03-21-2012, 08:25 PM
One big thing to consider is the show is made in Louisiana and folks there are a little different. Not necessarily in a bad way, just different. I found this out personally. Lots of Drama in real life.

Lots of drama in real life? Puh-lease.

TV portrays folks the way the Producer wishes to portray them.

The Red Jacket Crew? There place is about 15 minutes away from the house.

I'm so happy Snaggle Tooth and Dufus have found each other.

I wouldn't let them clean my .22

Dirty

kahrnut1
03-21-2012, 09:00 PM
all types of mills and drills and they drill holes with a dewalt hand drill. everything they do has been done before, glock made that flashlight box with the fold out pistol years ago. nobody would work for the loud mouth or the daughter for 10 min

dirty_sanchez
03-22-2012, 06:47 AM
A buddy is in the metal working/metal turning business here in town. RJF is one of his accounts.

They want everything free-using the "It's gonna be on TV w/free advertising" as the reason.

They had my friend spec. in a machine multi-head CNC Mill that would do everything they would ever need. Then they bought another brand of CNC Mill and wound up with roughly $15k in extra bits and doo dads they'll never even use. Joe then wanted that same friend of mine to show him how to use it.

Yep, pretty darned fancy equipment in that shop-yet they're still shown using hand drills at least one time per episode.

Dirty

Longitude Zero
03-22-2012, 09:29 AM
Not to mention that daddy and his daughter no longer have FFL's or licenses of anytype. I wonder which of the underlyings FFL they are operating under since Vince told the old man to go frig himself.

wyntrout
03-22-2012, 10:55 AM
I got tired of the show because of the "drama" and "feigned stupidity"(?) AND that they were always "INVENTING" stuff that was readily available or that had been invented years ago. Vince really looked like some kind of sociopath and now he has his own business??

Wynn:)

apheod
03-22-2012, 11:22 AM
Can't always judge someone on appearances alone. Vince and the other gunsmith... Flynn I think was he name? The veteran. Those two were the only ones with skills. Vince seemed like a pretty stand up dude, although it was a little childish of him to throw **** and walk out when Kris asked him for help on the AR build, even though he was right to be pissed about it.

getsome
03-22-2012, 04:11 PM
I like the show and will watch anything involving guns or shooting in a good way...Yes there is too much drama but thats how all the reality shows are... They took the model of American Choppers and have used it on lots of other shows like Gold Rush, Top Shot, Bearing Sea Gold, American Loggers and many others where the family or workers are always yelling at each other and ready to duke it out...

Last nights show was interesting in that they showed behind the scenes views and its a miracle nobody has been killed or injured yet...The camera men have to get real close to live fire and even then do stupid things like walking in front of a loaded canon muzzle, forgeting to have on hearing protection while firing an artillery piece and getting too close to a 4000 degree napalm canon and melting their camera...

Vince was on the show and seemed to get along with Will ok so that must be just TV drama...I found it interesting that Flynn has been in 5 helicopter crashes and survived while in Afghanistan serving as a helo door machine gunner...Thats one more lucky guy...

I hope they continue the show and I'll watch it and Swamp People and take the good and ignore the best...I just cant stomach Top Shot and Colby anymore and its a good thing Justified comes on at the same time...Now thats a good show, you just never know who's getting it next and I really like Raylan Givens as a modern day old west lawman....We could use more like him in real life...

wyntrout
03-22-2012, 04:43 PM
I have DVR's so I can watch what I want when I want.:001_tt2:

:popcorn:

Wynn:)

Bawanna
03-22-2012, 04:52 PM
I have Kindle and Kahrtalk. Seriously thinking of tossing all the TV's out in the back yard to make room for more gun cases.

400 and some channels and nothing much worth watching. I do like that one channel with all the old shows, Bonanza, Big Valley, the good stuff. I still miss F Troop and Dobie Gillis. Hope I'm not dating myself after that scotch fiasco.

ripley16
03-22-2012, 05:21 PM
They lost all credibility on the show where the daughter was supposed to be shooting a Desert Eagle, and it was not. No credibility and too much manufactured drama... scenes from a middle school cafeteria more like it.

QuercusMax
03-22-2012, 06:55 PM
I have Kindle and Kahrtalk. Seriously thinking of tossing all the TV's out in the back yard to make room for more gun cases.

400 and some channels and nothing much worth watching. I do like that one channel with all the old shows, Bonanza, Big Valley, the good stuff. I still miss F Troop and Dobie Gillis. Hope I'm not dating myself after that scotch fiasco.

Totally agree.

I pulled the plug on my satellite dish a few years ago and haven't missed it one bit. Every so often while traveling on business I tune in to cable for a few minutes but the quality of programming keeps doing further downhill. Back when I had satellite I would sometimes enjoy some of the documentaries they used to have on History, Military and Discovery, but all they seem to run now are lots of so-called "unscripted" shows that are just silly.

apheod
03-22-2012, 07:26 PM
there's still plenty of good documentaries on. history, military channel, and discovery are just about the only channels i watch these days, aside from HBO.

yqtszhj
03-22-2012, 09:50 PM
Lots of drama in real life? Puh-lease.

TV portrays folks the way the Producer wishes to portray them.

The Red Jacket Crew? There place is about 15 minutes away from the house.

I'm so happy Snaggle Tooth and Dufus have found each other.

I wouldn't let them clean my .22

Dirty

No offense intended. Please don't take it as such. I still work with some very fine folks from LA and have for years but I have had some other co-workers from there and some neighbors too that are a special kind of coo coo :der:

Again no offense

scotty_MK9
03-23-2012, 05:16 PM
Ripley16- yep thats when i stopped caring bout sons of guns when they pulled that desert eagle crap... Then on the behind the scenes footage they had to do some damage control and have her shoot a REAL desert eagle in front of cameras.

Only problem is they could have loaded the rounds themselves to be weaker then standard so she could actually stand the recoil.

If she would have just said in the first place- " im not firing that big a$$ gun" people would have understood. But they just had to try to make her look like a "bas a$$" and it blew up in there faces... Now they look stupid.

muggsy
03-23-2012, 08:26 PM

+1 Bawanna. Sixty channels and the only shows I watch are on the Military, Outdoor, Science and History channels. The rest is pure bovine excrement.

scotty_MK9
03-23-2012, 08:41 PM
I watch jersey shore but only to look at j wowws bo0bies

paperpuncher
03-23-2012, 08:44 PM
I'm a late comer to watching S.O.G. only watching it the last few months, and that is the most made up b.s. of a show on cable t.v.

Who actually buys that junk they build? No one. It's just all a put on for t.v.

tv_racin_fan
03-24-2012, 12:44 AM
Ripley16- yep thats when i stopped caring bout sons of guns when they pulled that desert eagle crap... Then on the behind the scenes footage they had to do some damage control and have her shoot a REAL desert eagle in front of cameras.

Only problem is they could have loaded the rounds themselves to be weaker then standard so she could actually stand the recoil.

If she would have just said in the first place- " im not firing that big a$$ gun" people would have understood. But they just had to try to make her look like a "bas a$$" and it blew up in there faces... Now they look stupid.

She did shoot the Desert Eagle. They no longer had the Desert Eagle in the shop when the director needed a couple of shots of her shooting it at a different angle than the film they had. The director didn't care that the gun they used for the reshoot wasn't the Desert Eagle.

TD2K
03-24-2012, 08:17 AM
can't STAND the daughter. Some of the projects are cool, but I have to turn the channel when she is on camera.

Cokeman
03-24-2012, 01:16 PM
The weird voice, goofy teeth, or bad makeup?

scotty_MK9
03-24-2012, 04:20 PM
Tv racin fan-

Then the director is a dumba$$... Along with most of the sons of guns cast.

tv_racin_fan
03-24-2012, 08:56 PM
He may be a ******* and for sure he aint a gun person BUT they have made a chunk of change on that show.

AFVet
03-25-2012, 07:17 AM
Big Valley

Jared, Heath, there's a fire in the barn! :D

AFVet
03-25-2012, 07:19 AM
My problem with the show is their "emergencies" are a bit too contrived. For example, when they're making some kind of gun for Wil's birthday. Yeah, there's a real emergency. LOL

scotty_MK9
03-25-2012, 04:32 PM
I like the American Guns show a little better... It seems a little more simple to me. I actually liked the episode where they made that bar owner a double barrel 12 gauge and stained the stock with coffee grounds.

Sometimes simple is better.

I also get tired of them shooting something with a 9mm and all the sudden it blows up. Ofcourse, they do that on American Guns too i suppose.

TD2K
03-26-2012, 06:01 AM
The weird voice, goofy teeth, or bad makeup?

yes

jg rider
03-26-2012, 03:21 PM
I don't care if shows like Sons of Guns, American Guns, Top Guns, Top Shot, are not realistic enough (I've shot competitively with the first Top Shot winner Ian Harrison and there's nothing phony about his abilities) And I don't care what the Bill Maher types think of a certain female.

What I do care is that the American public watch these shows and hopefully take more interest in firearms. So I won't be bad mouthing something that helps our cause.

Longitude Zero
03-26-2012, 03:54 PM
What I do care is that the American public watch these shows and hopefully take more interest in firearms. So I won't be bad mouthing something that helps our cause.

Sadly the drama detracts from and may work at negative purposes. As to drama Top Shot is worse than all the rest combined. Ian did do fairly well at avoiding the drama.

Bawanna
03-26-2012, 04:02 PM
The contest themselves are great. I think the producers create the drama thinking it's more entertaining. I don't agree myself.

The police commander on this season from around here someplace seems to be staying out of the drama well too and doing real good. I'm quite proud of him.

The dude that gives away friendship bracelets I could do without.

I like Colby and respected him for a nice guy on Survivor but he needs to pipe down some and not mimick survivor so much too.

These shows are great for our cause but they need to tone down the drama or they will indeed project a negative image.

jg rider
03-26-2012, 04:16 PM
Sadly the drama detracts from and may work at negative purposes. As to drama Top Shot is worse than all the rest combined. Ian did do fairly well at avoiding the drama.

I don't think the drama detracts. IMHO some good drama is needed to keep the novices interested. We as self proclaimed experts or someone that knows someone may know better, but they don't.
Look at Orange County Choppers, Sr. & sons at odds with each other, AFAIK it's a money maker. I've worked on Harleys in the past, but nothing like the quality shown there. When the drama comes on I go get a drink. When the bikes are on I stay riveted.

jg rider
03-26-2012, 04:25 PM
The contest themselves are great. I think the producers create the drama thinking it's more entertaining. I don't agree myself.

The police commander on this season from around here someplace seems to be staying out of the drama well too and doing real good. I'm quite proud of him.

The dude that gives away friendship bracelets I could do without.

I like Colby and respected him for a nice guy on Survivor but he needs to pipe down some and not mimick survivor so much too.

These shows are great for our cause but they need to tone down the drama or they will indeed project a negative image.

Are you talking about Top Shoot? I haven't watched that show since the first season.

AFAIK drama has been a part of almost all these shows, American Hot Rod, Jessie James, ect. The only one that I can think of that doesn't is Overhauling

Bawanna
03-26-2012, 04:51 PM
It was on your list.

jg rider
03-26-2012, 05:00 PM
It was on your list. I thought that's what you meant. But got confused about Colby on Survivor, a show I don't know about

Bawanna
03-26-2012, 05:03 PM
I try to never get of topic around here. The host of Top Shot used to be a contestant on Survivor but that's a whole nuther subject and I want to stay on track.

QuercusMax
03-26-2012, 05:04 PM
I don't suppose that Top Shot or similar shows would ever show anything as "boring" as a Kahr, would they?

Unfortunately it's all about the ratings, not the quality of the information and programming.

I, for one, would love to see a show that focused on the guns and the techniques, rather than the fake drama and "spectacular" stunts. Imagine a team with Kahrs vs. a team with [whatever gun], and then they trade.

jg rider
03-26-2012, 05:05 PM
Thanks. Now back on topic

jg rider
03-26-2012, 05:13 PM
Instead of bashing R.J. scripting, don't you think it's somewhat ridiculous scripting for the guy on American Firearms (?) to go around Colorado in a helicopter with 50 grand in a bag buying guns? Or building a diamond studded 1911 for his wife's birthday. That caused some tension around here. Was that gun also gold plated?

jg rider
03-26-2012, 05:20 PM
I hope talking about the Blue Bloods T.V. show is still on topic. Does anybody know if the piece carried by Donnie Walburg a Kahr? I can't tell

Bawanna
03-26-2012, 05:23 PM
Instead of bashing R.J. scripting, don't you think it's somewhat ridiculous scripting for the guy on American Firearms (?) to go around Colorado in a helicopter with 50 grand in a bag buying guns? Or building a diamond studded 1911 for his wife's birthday. That caused some tension around here. Was that gun also gold plated?

Who's bashing R.J. scripting? Tell me who.

I do believe Donnie is carrying a Kahr but I've only seen that show a couple times.

And I totally agree with the helicopter and bag of money thing being a little over the top, way way over the top.

Longitude Zero
03-26-2012, 05:27 PM
I don't think the drama detracts. IMHO some good drama is needed to keep the novices interested. We as self proclaimed experts or someone that knows someone may know better, but they don't.
Look at Orange County Choppers, Sr. & sons at odds with each other, AFAIK it's a money maker. I've worked on Harleys in the past, but nothing like the quality shown there. When the drama comes on I go get a drink. When the bikes are on I stay riveted.

You have your opinion and I have mine. As to the motorcyles shows I don't waste time waching that complete waste of time And I have a HD that I ride. But I have not been sucked into the low rent idiocy of the biker builder shows. I have remaind above that crap.

Now back on track that as the OP I started. Red Jacket and the show is a bunch of POS fools and posers. I also agree that the dolt in Colorado is another ignorant poser and stiff. Friends in the area report to me that his reputation is an a$$hole and scumbag operator also.

paperpuncher
03-26-2012, 05:35 PM
Reading those Colorado gun boards about the Gunsmoke shop, provided me with hours of great entertainment.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Longitude Zero
03-26-2012, 05:36 PM
I hope talking about the Blue Bloods T.V. show is still on topic. Does anybody know if the piece carried by Donnie Walburg a Kahr? I can't tell

On a regular basis I belive so. When he smoked that scumbag turd on the roof it was definitely a KAHR.

jg rider
03-26-2012, 05:47 PM
You have your opinion and I have mine. As to the motorcyles shows I don't waste time waching that ignorant trash. And I have a HD that I ride. But I have not been sucked into the low rent idiocy of the biker builder shows. I have remaind above that crap.

No back on track that as the OP I started. Red Jacket and the show is a bunch of POS fools and posers.

I also agree that the dolt in Colorado is another ignorant poser and stiff. Friends in he area report to me that his reputation is an a$$hole and scummy bag operator also.

As to the motorcyles shows I don't waste time waching that ignorant trash. And I have a HD that I ride. But I have not been sucked into the low rent idiocy of the biker builder shows. I have remaind above that crap.:confused: You are joking right? You forgot to put in the smilies right?........I guess not. I notice by your post that you have a speech or spelling impediment for someone above us ignorant, low rent, biker trash types.
If it's a speech impediment, you have my sympathies

I guess you know about training wheels

[QUOTE Reading those Colorado gun boards about the Gunsmoke shop, provided me with hours of great entertainment][/QUOTE

What Colorado boards? I'd like to find one for R.J.

Longitude Zero
03-26-2012, 06:30 PM
Television shows are written for the lowest common denomiator. Facts are Facts.

jg rider
03-26-2012, 08:22 PM
Television shows are written for the lowest common denomiator. Facts are Facts.

For the lowest common denominator?
If that's how you feel about it, why did you start this thread. You sound like watching any of these shows is beneath you.:der: I didn't come here to get into an argument, but I won't stand idly by and have insults thrown around.

Oh! You're slurring again

Is it safe to assume that this thread has shifted to other reality shows also?
Hopefully I'm staying on topic for us lower denominator folks. If not I apologize in advance.
What's the opinion of the Top Gun Show?

Bawanna
03-26-2012, 08:50 PM
Put up your force fields jg. I'm a lower denominator too.

I don't think I've seen Top Gun. I like several of them shows, just watch the product or the competition and try to block out the drama.

Longitude Zero
03-26-2012, 09:01 PM
but I won't stand idly by and have insults thrown around.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::lie::lie::li e:

jg rider
03-26-2012, 09:17 PM
Put up your force fields jg. I'm a lower denominator too.

I don't think I've seen Top Gun. I like several of them shows, just watch the product or the competition and try to block out the drama.

Shields up. Going into sleep mode for while.

roy rogers
04-06-2012, 10:36 AM
Sons of Guns has waaaaayyyyyyy too much drama.

American Guns is somewhat better without quite the drama.

But the ones I really enjoy are American Rifleman Television and Gun Stories. I only watch Gun Stories after it's been recorded so I can zip thru the Midway Gun ads.

MW surveyor
04-06-2012, 12:48 PM
What's the opinion of the Top Gun Show?

I like the Top Gun show (if that's the one where they usually compare three different guns)

O'Dell
04-06-2012, 01:59 PM
I don't know what you all are talking about, but it obviously has something to do with Television, which I don't watch. Here in Georgia I think most people are more interested in the "Green" jacket this weekend.

flieger67
04-06-2012, 08:02 PM
I don't know what you all are talking about, but it obviously has something to do with Television, which I don't watch. Here in Georgia I think most people are more interested in the "Green" jacket this weekend.

Ah, golf - a good walk spoiled. ;)

Frankhenrylee
04-10-2012, 10:05 AM
Well, it's gotten a bit off topic at this point, but I'll chime in anyway. I really liked Red Jacket at first, not anymore, I figure they're just about done. I enjoy Best Defense on the Outdoor channel and make my wife watch certain parts of it because I believe they offer some sound advice. I could do without the excessive amount of advertising on these shows but I guess they've gotta squeeze every dime out of it they can. How about a gun show that shows us some actual gunsmithing? I guess Larry Potterfield's Midway commercials is about as close as we can get to that.

Ken_K
04-10-2012, 11:21 AM
I don't much care for Red Jacket. I'd rather watch Impossible Shots, The Best Defense, Shooing USA, Shooting Gallery, and American Rifleman. Heck, my girl will drag me to the tv when best defense comes on lol.