PDA

View Full Version : Isn't anyone immune from stupidity?

TriggerMan
03-21-2012, 07:40 PM
Kahr Arms Employee Injured

Worcester, MA (March 3, 2011) - On March 2, 2011 at approximately 10:50 PM Worcester Police responded to St. Vincent’s Hospital for a report of a male who had received a minor injury to his right hand while working on a firearm at Kahr Arms located at 130 Goddard Memorial Drive. Upon the arrival of police they met with the 45 year old victim/employee. According to the victim, he was testing a firearm in the range after the weapon was sent in for repairs. After test firing the weapon, the victim was in the process of disassembling the weapon when it accidently discharged, grazing him on his right hand.
After the discharge, a supervisor for Kahr Arms drove the victim to the hospital to have his wound treated. The victim received minor lacerations across his right knuckles; he was treated and released. The Worcester Police Detective Bureau was called to the hospital and interviewed the victim. The Detective Bureau will be conducting an investigation.
There is no additional information to be released at this time.

I wonder if he's been fired from his job? I'd hate to be working next to him.

shnev
03-21-2012, 08:00 PM
Prayers sent for a speedy recovery.

Thunder71
03-21-2012, 08:03 PM
Yeah, he got lucky - speedy recovery Kahr Repair Guy, we need you!

So... who's gun was it, hmmmm?

apheod
03-21-2012, 08:03 PM
why an investigation? dude had an ND on the range where he works and grazed his hand. pretty open and shut case i'd say...

Thunder71
03-21-2012, 08:05 PM
Probably because it happened at a firearm manufacturer location and insurance requires it... just a guess.

Bawanna
03-21-2012, 08:10 PM
+1 on the speedy recovery.

Fire someone for having an accident on the job. I don't agree with that one nor would I associate stupid in this situation.

Test firing broken guns all day I imagine can get a bit repetitious and drop your guard for 1 second and you have an accident. Probably amazing there aren't more and there probably are more that the media doesn't have time to whine about.

I"ll fill the station next to the guy if they got a place for me.

I've had 3 occasions where an officer dropped a gun off at my desk for something. Cleaning, part change, whatever. 2 of those were with Beretta 96's. They were laid on my desk hammer back, not decocked, magazine out with a round in the chamber.

There's a possible disaster waiting to happen here. Fortunately on all occasions I just went to lock the slide back since I just do that while they are laying on my desk so I know they are safe. A round pops out and flies across the room. Takes your breath away.

Today a detective left her Glock with me, a little model 30. It had 6 rounds in the mag and an empty chamber. She told me when she dropped it off quite clearly, it is loaded. A sign of trust from officer to office puke that I can unload it as safely as her.

I mention the half empty gun with empty chamber and she had no idea.

muggsy
03-21-2012, 08:28 PM
Kahr Arms Employee Injured

Worcester, MA (March 3, 2011) - On March 2, 2011 at approximately 10:50 PM Worcester Police responded to St. Vincent’s Hospital for a report of a male who had received a minor injury to his right hand while working on a firearm at Kahr Arms located at 130 Goddard Memorial Drive. Upon the arrival of police they met with the 45 year old victim/employee. According to the victim, he was testing a firearm in the range after the weapon was sent in for repairs. After test firing the weapon, the victim was in the process of disassembling the weapon when it accidently discharged, grazing him on his right hand.
After the discharge, a supervisor for Kahr Arms drove the victim to the hospital to have his wound treated. The victim received minor lacerations across his right knuckles; he was treated and released. The Worcester Police Detective Bureau was called to the hospital and interviewed the victim. The Detective Bureau will be conducting an investigation.
There is no additional information to be released at this time.

I wonder if he's been fired from his job? I'd hate to be working next to him.

No one is immune to an ND and some day even you may have one. Go find a piece of wood to knock on. BTW, that was a pretty stupid question. Best wishes for a speedy recovery to the Kahr employee.

TriggerMan
03-21-2012, 08:42 PM
I suspect the recovery is over and done with. This was an incident in March one year ago.

I think in his line of work and with regard to the type of employer, a higher standard should be set. Would everyone in management at Kahr just say 'oh, well" "just a ND" ?

OldLincoln
03-21-2012, 08:49 PM
It's been a while now but I recall reading a story written by a guy who thought it would be cool to be a gun tester contracted by the state of CA for their approved guns list.

He applied and bought a large gun safe, ect and was accepted. A few guns came in each with a bunch of ammo. He and his partner shot up a bunch and recorded the findings.

However, like Lucy in the chocolate factory he soon found himself berried in thousands of guns and many pallets of ammo. They gave up a room in theior building and put a steel door on it calling the room a safe. They couldn't keep up so they had all their friends come in and shoot. That was cool but soon their friends tired of it and stopped coming around. They finally said enough and cancelled their license and closed shop.

So I guess you really can overdo stuff, even shooting. Even while getting paid for it.

PS: Forgot my point in this story..... Sounds like fun testing guns every day but it can get boring and then the guard lets down and off to the hospital you go.

MikeyKahr
03-21-2012, 08:51 PM
Check the date, my friends - happened in 2011 - hopefully the employee is already healed up and back at work shooting the Kahrs that come in for repairs! Ah, TriggerMan beat me to it. Let's hope MSU and OSU get another chance to renew their rivalry!!

TriggerMan
03-21-2012, 10:32 PM
Check the date, my friends - happened in 2011 - hopefully the employee is already healed up and back at work shooting the Kahrs that come in for repairs! Ah, TriggerMan beat me to it. Let's hope MSU and OSU get another chance to renew their rivalry!!
I'm up for it. OSU would go down.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/tournament/bracket

AJBert
03-21-2012, 11:09 PM
I've had more than a few firearms come into the store that are "safe". I ALWAYS ask, no ammo? no jams or malfunctions that will prevent me from safely clearing the weapon?

The answers are always no. And, yes, I have found a round in the chamber, a full magazine, and even a jammed firearm with a live round in the chamber. One guy said he hadn't fire his rifle in at least 15 years. Yep, a round in the chamber.

Not sure what the point of my post is, other than ANY firearm is loaded until proved otherwise.

wyntrout
03-21-2012, 11:31 PM
This must have been during pulling the trigger to get the slide off the frame... DOH!:eek:

I kind of shudder every time I have to do that, even though I make sure it's unloaded.

I got an S&W 4506... like new, but when I took the slide off the frame, there was a gouge on the top of the inside of the frame... or something... been a while, but I surmised that the gun was put back together without the recoil rod being through the hole in the front of the slide... then it was fired. I don't remember how the pistol was assembled now, but it must have been a surprise. I think the barrel was able to drop and bang into the frame, gouging it... not sure of the "details" now. I smoothed the surface and it shot okay, but I remember thinking that was something else to check for abuse on a pistol.

Wynn:)

JFootin
03-22-2012, 07:09 AM
"ANY firearm is loaded until proved otherwise."

That's it in a nutshell.

lowroad
03-22-2012, 07:27 AM
Lucy and chocolate factory?

Thunder71
03-22-2012, 07:35 AM
I suspect the recovery is over and done with. This was an incident in March one year ago.

I think in his line of work and with regard to the type of employer, a higher standard should be set. Would everyone in management at Kahr just say 'oh, well" "just a ND" ?

The highest standard you can set is being human, that said - nobody is immune.

Frankhenrylee
03-22-2012, 10:07 AM
Well, he is a Kahr repairman so he is probably way overworked. Ha Ha!

Bawanna
03-22-2012, 10:35 AM
Probably far less than one might think but lets keep up the negativity.

Why do I feel like a turd circling the drain heading for the septic tank?

Tinman507
03-22-2012, 10:40 AM
Why do I feel like a turd circling the drain heading for the septic tank?

Maybe its the corn stuck to you?

JFootin
03-22-2012, 10:54 AM
Maybe its the corn stuck to you?

Now that's a reply worthy of Dietrich right there!
http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee486/John_England/Misc/laugh.gif

jeepster09
03-22-2012, 11:26 AM
We had one officer who was practicing his quick draws in mirror in locker room when he shot and killed the mirror....hence his new nickname of "MAGNUM".

http://i691.photobucket.com/albums/vv276/jeepster09/1420__68248_zoom.jpg

Bawanna
03-22-2012, 11:31 AM
We had one officer who was practicing his quick draws in mirror in locker room when he shot and killed the mirror....hence his new nickname of "MAGNUM".

http://i691.photobucket.com/albums/vv276/jeepster09/1420__68248_zoom.jpg

I assume it was a one shot stop? Maybe mirror killer hollow points?

Many years ago, had a friend (I use the term friend very loosely in this case) did the same thing to his parents TV set. He lived at home and they were on vacation. He rushed out and bought a new TV hoping they wouldn't notice. It was the first thing they noticed when they walked in.

Why do we have a new tv?

Frankhenrylee
03-22-2012, 11:41 AM
I've been wanting a new truck, does anyone have an RPG that I can practice quick draws with?

MikeyKahr
03-22-2012, 07:52 PM
I'm up for it. OSU would go down.

You may have been up for it, but apparantly your team wasn't. Bummer that another Big10 team bites the dust.

Jeremiah/Az
03-22-2012, 08:56 PM
Lucy and chocolate factory?[/QUOTE]

We have some youngsters here! Or maybe some oldsters like me!;)

lowroad
03-22-2012, 09:21 PM
Lucy and chocolate factory?

We have some youngsters here! Or maybe some oldsters like me!;)Well, I am young enough to quote on a forum properly, but old enough to be familiar with Lucile Ball.:D

TriggerMan
03-22-2012, 09:37 PM
You may have been up for it, but apparantly your team wasn't. Bummer that another Big10 team bites the dust.That was as pathetic a performance as I have seen with the exception of the 42-41 Illinois loss. As Izzo put it, "We played like we were physically and mentally drained". What's the excuse for that! I wonder if Branden Dawson getting pulled off the bus just as it left for the airport had anything to do with it. He was assigned the role of cheerleader but apparently had an academic problem barring him from travel with the team.