PDA

View Full Version : My new holster; JSHolsters Paddle

burns
02-09-2010, 07:52 PM
Hi fellas,

I've been searching for the perfect holsters for my new PM9; one IWB and one OWB. For IWB I've tried using a very minimalistic leather Vega clip holster, a High Noon Bare Asset, and a Crossbreed MiniTuck.

The Crossbreed MiniTuck is excellent. It packs slimmer and sturdier with the two clips on the side and one layer of ultra thin kydex over the single layer of leather. I wasn't thrilled with the retention at first, but I got that worked out with the ol' hairdryer trick. I would also prefer if the kydex were a more defined, like most of the ones that leave the factory, but that's ok.

Then it came time to find an OWB. I was interested in the Don Hume JIT but then I found out about the JSHolsters Paddle. It is a different paddle design than anything else I've seen and it's a real winner! Here is a link:

http://armory.jsholsters.com/shop/item.asp?itemid=2059

This holster is the perfect OWB solution for the PM9 and other small autos. It is well made, holds the gun in close and it is real simple and easy to take on and off (you don't have to remove your belt). I called up the company before ordering just to ask a few questions, and ended up talking to Mike, the holster maker, for 25 min or so. He seems like a great guy, and he gladly answered my questions and explained that their guarantee is such that if I didn't like the holster, I could return it for a full refund or exchange. I won't be returning this one, but I may be ordering one of their IWB kydex holsters to try after I save some funds (I'll do a write up on it as well). They have many other designs including a line of leather pocket holsters. The IWB is real slim and the clip is made from the same piece of kydex as the rest of the holster which really reduces thickness; here is a link to it:

JS IWB Holster (http://armory.jsholsters.com/shop/item.asp?itemid=2060)

I'm going to keep this review simple, and I've attached some photos for you guys. If you have any questions about it, just ask!

Best regards,

Burns

lance22
02-09-2010, 07:55 PM
It doesn't get thinner than that. That baby will disappear.

Mr. S
02-15-2010, 04:41 PM
I had a similar experience.
I asked if he could make a paddle with an open bottom to accomodate my P9 as well as PM9 he said he would try so he sent me the holster to try out and said if it works send me the payment if not send it back.Needless to say it worked.
Great customer service and a great product.

packinaglock
02-20-2010, 06:19 PM
I have the IWB from JS for my PM9 it works great.

burns
02-21-2010, 01:49 PM
I've been carrying with the paddle awhile now and I still love it. It is one of my favorite holsters.

Powrstroke6.0
09-11-2014, 06:52 AM
Thanks for the review of this holster. I'm actually looking for an owb option for my pm9 also, and came across this thread. I have a king tuk iwb, and have been searching for an owb option similar to a blackhawk serpa. How is the engagement when holstering/unholstering? Are you still using the js? If possible would you be able to upload a pic with it on you?