PDA

View Full Version : Not a bad deal if you ask me...

In-Yo-Grill
02-11-2010, 11:46 AM
Kahr K40 40 S&W No Reserve : Semi-auto at GunBroker.com (http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=157425948)

Unfortunately for me I got rid of all my .40 guns/ammo this past summer.

medezyner
02-11-2010, 02:53 PM
Unfortunately for me I got rid of all my .40 guns/ammo this past summer.

I'm curious, how come you got rid of them? Fewer calibers to keep it simple? Shoot other calibers better?
I'm in the process of trimming my handguns down to 2 calibers (not guns): 9mm & 45acp. Same will happen to my rifles. Just trying to adhere to: Keep It Simple Stupid.

Bawanna
02-11-2010, 04:00 PM
Must be something in the water. Several people I know are doing the same thing. Cutting down to 45 and 9. Not sure what they do with the 9's but nice to have I guess. I try to be a catch basin for everything they want to get rid of but alas the silver spoon fell out of my mouth at birth so I don't get near as many as I'd like.:(

Dietrich
02-11-2010, 04:02 PM
I took myself out of the .380 business last spring to simplify things.I`ve never regretted it.I decided that I had a great reloading machine and I could reload my main 3 calibers with minor recipe changes in powder charges. I reload .38 special,.357 magnum and 9mm using the same powder and primers.At the time,.380 brass and bullets were practically non-existent,so I traded my Bersa and all the .380 ammo I had on another firearm.One less thing to worry about. The firearm I traded for was my PM9 by the way.Now you know why I`ve never regretted it.:angel:

medezyner
02-11-2010, 06:18 PM
I'm still kicking around the idea of dumping the .380 along with the 38 sp that the wife has trouble with. Dad's getting on in years (81) and hasnt shot his mint S&W model 27 in about 20 years. I will inherit and treasure that wheel gun for sure.

Vinikahr
02-11-2010, 10:09 PM
I like options, I keep a small stock of all the caliber I got. I did at one time owned the .40 and the .357 Sig, but got rid of them, because of the price(go figure now they are bit cheaper and more ready available than the .45 ACP). But my two favorites rounds are .45 ACP and 9 MM. Literally, before the madness and hoarding by some individuals in the population, I could find ammo even at the pharmacy(literally speaking). :popcorn:

In-Yo-Grill
02-12-2010, 05:38 AM
Simplifying was my goal. I guess I could have held onto my .40 but I only had one. I enjoyed shooting my .45 and 9's more.

I traded in my Beretta .40 for a Browning Hi-Power and never regreted it one bit. That BHP is one sweet gun. Right now my Taurus .45 is a more accurate than I am and I'll continue to shoot it until I find a good deal on a Colt or Kimber.

Now that I've been introduced to Kahr's I've gone kinda 9mm crazy. Starting off with the P9, moving onto the MK9 and now have a CW9. Seems kinda out of order and now I'm in the hunt for a good deal on a PM9.

Of course I still have some .22's for plinking and a nice SS .357wheel gun for my trips to the lease. Let's not even get into AR's...