PDA

View Full Version : Where is the outrage?

TheTman
03-29-2012, 06:48 PM
Two foreign travelers murdered for wandering into the wrong part of town in Sarasota FL. Only they happened to be white and the shooter was black. Where's MSNBC and everyone on this one? Anyone ever here about it on the news? I just happened to hear Mark Levin discussing on the radio or I'd known nothing of it. Story is here:
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/03/29/florida-teen-faces-life-sentence-in-slaying-british-tourists/
The parents of these two boys have been snubbed in efforts to get the Presidents condolences, while he's quick to act in the other incident. I thought we had made great strides in the effort to wipe out racism, but I see it's only if you're on one side of the fence.
Dear Moderators, not trying to be inflammatory, or political, or race baiting, I sincerly wonder where is the outrage that has been inflammed by the other well known FL murder? These boys were simply lost and lost their life because of it. I think we all know why there was no outrage. If the races were reversed I'm sure it would be all over the news. Just Saying.
It really makes me sad that one story is all over the news, while this one was very quickly covered up and dropped.
So I guess this thread will probably get closed, but I hope you leave the link for educational purposes. Maybe if we all behave as adults we can discuss this and have the thread remain open.

kgturner
03-29-2012, 07:08 PM
First, let me say, IBTL!!!

Now, I would guess there's no outrage because the black teen who murdered the two tourists was arrested, tried, and convicted while the "other guy" was never even arrested and is walking the streets scot free. Just a thought.

You do see how those two things are different, don't you?

Kevin T

Bawanna
03-29-2012, 08:08 PM
Dear Moderators, not trying to be inflammatory, or political, or race baiting, I sincerly wonder where is the outrage that has been inflammed by the other well known FL murder? These boys were simply lost and lost their life because of it. I think we all know why there was no outrage. If the races were reversed I'm sure it would be all over the news. Just Saying.
It really makes me sad that one story is all over the news, while this one was very quickly covered up and dropped.
So I guess this thread will probably get closed, but I hope you leave the link for educational purposes. Maybe if we all behave as adults we can discuss this and have the thread remain open.

I know your not trying to be but it is what it is weather we want it to be or not. I'll leave this for informational reading for the time being but I'm closing it down for discussion.
Sorry but we're still playing hard ball for awhile.

JustinN
03-29-2012, 08:41 PM
First, let me say, IBTL!!!

Nice....lol