PDA

View Full Version : Blaming the right to defend yourself.

Chief Joseph
03-30-2012, 10:49 AM
http://dailycaller.com/2012/03/30/afl-cio-exec-conservative-right-wing-policies-to-blame-for-trayvon-martins-death-video/

The key sentence

"Baker told TheDC that conservative policies, like Florida’s “stand your ground” law — which states that an individual has the right to defend himself if he feels that his life is in imminent danger — are to blame."

How evil it is to be able to defend yourself if you're being attacked.

muggsy
03-30-2012, 11:11 AM
I'm too old to fight and too crippled to run, but I can still manage to do seven pound curls with my index finger. Stand your ground means that you are not obligated to retreat in the face of an attack. Your actions still fall under all of our other laws.

chrish
03-30-2012, 11:21 AM
people actualy believe this stuff too is the sad thing.

the right to defend yourself, for these people, seems to be tied to some off the wall belief that you have to already have been beaten to w/in an inch of your life, or at a minimum already have been phyically assaulted, struck, or whatever. i just don't get that. once you are engaged in a fight, the ability to defend yourself is greatly, if not completely diminished. thats why the laws in most places use the 'imminent danger' language or something very similar. you cannot and should not be expected to 'size up' your attacker and the situation and ultimately the amount of pain, discomfort, and injury they are inflicting on your person. nobody big or small has the right to lay hands on any other person big or small with the purpose of inflicting pain, as much as they might even deserve it. if you don't like what someone is saying, walk away, control yourself. i don't care if they are talking about you, your mamma, or whatever. people need to practice self-restraint.

yqtszhj
03-30-2012, 10:51 PM
When self defense is not allowed i guess we all are doomed in the event we are a victim.

TheTman
03-31-2012, 01:13 AM
She forgot to blame the NRA, how could she do that?

HDoc
03-31-2012, 06:46 AM
I'm too old to fight and too crippled to run, but I can still manage to do seven pound curls with my index finger. .

Just how high are your trigger pressures set ?? :eek:

tv_racin_fan
03-31-2012, 04:51 PM
I believe the standard Kahr trigger is 7 lbs.