PDA

View Full Version : Chop stick

getsome
02-12-2010, 01:39 PM
Last night I took my CW40 apart mostly because I was bored...My daughter had brought home some Chinese food and I saw the packs of chop sticks they always put in the bag....A little light bulb went on over my head and I took one and found its the perfect size to hold open the slide to the witness marks and it was dead on....Perfect tool and free.....

ripley16
02-12-2010, 02:31 PM
Absolutely! :w00t:
I whittle my own hold open block from some scrap around my workshop, for those times I just can't hold my K9 in the right spot and push at the same time. Works like a charm.

wyntrout
02-12-2010, 04:00 PM
When I was ordering those Kahr caps on sale the other day, I bought enough stuff to get my money's worth out of the $6 for the first $50. One of my purchases was a proper Kahr Take Down Block (K Series & E9 only)
Kahr Accessories (http://www.kahrshop.com/accessindex.html)

I used to grab whatever was handy and about the right size, like one of the Sharpie pens behind the block. I could put one of those in my mouth and insert it while using both hands to hold the slide back. Of course you ought to consider where those pens have been. Some of you preverts might want to wash yours first or get a new 'un. :rolleyes:

If you just bought one of these jewels, you'd have to pay $5 for it and $6 shipping!:eek:

They ain't real complicated gadgets and most anyone kin figure out how to use'm. There's no manual, but if you lock the slide back, put the little part of the block into the chamber of the barrel, and release the slide while slowly letting it close on the block, your're good . But don't slam the dang thing like your loading the gun! You'll probably smash that thing after a few slams.
Pix included.

Wynn:D