PDA

View Full Version : Target Ammunition: 115 grain VS 124 grain

mser
04-02-2012, 07:23 PM
Been shooting Federal Champion 115 grain 9MM through my PM9 and M&P 9C when I'm able to find it at Wal Mart. The four local stores in my county have been out every time I've checked the last few weeks. So I resorted to checking into ordering bulk though some of the online distributors (thanks to the comprehensive lists on this board) and found some decent deals on both Aguila 124 grain and PMC 115 grain.

Has anybody experienced accuracy issues with one grain or one brand versus the other?

JimBianchi
04-03-2012, 11:17 AM
In my K9 and MK9 (and G26) they all shoot within an inch of each other at self defense ranges of 15m and less.

Never an issue with any of my guns and regularly mix them up in the same mag.

At longer ranges (I practice at 50m a few times a year, last year I practiced at 100m just for giggles) it seems the 147g subsonic hollow points were the most consistent. But with those short barrels the groupings were nothing to brag about no matter what the ammo used.

JFootin
04-03-2012, 11:25 AM
For target practice, the 124 gr can be more punishing. About a 50 round limit for me. But I can shoot a lot more of the 115 gr in a session with my CM9 without ever feeling punished.