PDA

View Full Version : PM9 using CorBon +P

hihosilver13
02-12-2010, 02:49 PM
Anyone use CorBon 115 +P in a PM9, how does it function. Does it have two much kick. Is the PM9 rated for +P?

deadhead1971
02-12-2010, 02:55 PM
The PM9 is rated for +P. The owner's manual states that I think. I have never shot +P ammo.

Dietrich
02-12-2010, 02:56 PM
Yes,PM9 is rated for +P.I have shot a couple of boxes of Corbon DPX +P and the recoil isn`t too bad at all.Outstanding SD round.My PM9 had no problems at all with it.

jocko
02-12-2010, 02:59 PM
shoots like a 22 out of my Ported PM9. DPX is good stuff. the all copper Barnes bullet is awesome..

hihosilver13
02-12-2010, 03:01 PM
I ordered my pm9 yesterday, just wanted to see if the ammo is compatable. Sounds like the CorBon DPX works real well too. Its going to repace my P380.

Dietrich
02-12-2010, 03:32 PM
By the way, Kemosabe,welcome to the forum.We`re glad you`re here.

jocko
02-12-2010, 04:06 PM
I ordered my pm9 yesterday, just wanted to see if the ammo is compatable. Sounds like the CorBon DPX works real well too. Its going to repace my P380.

I very seldom ever carry my P380. Nice gun but I sure didn't need it..

hihosilver13
02-12-2010, 07:43 PM
I carry my P380 all the time, but I'm feeling like I want alittle more power for about the same size gun.

CHLChris
02-12-2010, 11:30 PM
I use GoldDot +p 124 gr or Golden Saber +p 124 gr with my PM9.

I can feel almost no difference in recoil from standard to +p. Since I cannot feel a big difference, it is VERY much worth the extra energy downrange.

I love how my little Kahr is rated for +p even when my big Glock 19 isn't.

dallas don
02-13-2010, 01:07 AM
I have shot all the 9mm Kahr's with all the major available loadings-and I do and did carry Corbon in all my semi automatics daily. Over the past years-make that decades-I have tried playing the game of "find the "magic" bullet-having started back in 1967. Today I think its a question of what are you planning to shoot and where-by that-whats the possibilities? Inside an elevator with one to two targets-then its Silver Glazer or Magsafe-got one to three car lengths of open ground-Corbon in the 115 or 125 grain-getting longer then that Silvertip or GoldenSaber or Federal..For all around the Corbon 125 is my pick-seems to get through what it needs to, expansion at four to six inches of penetration-then keeps going-even an exit now and then-and you must "get to it" to do any harm....
as the gun gets smaller and lighter...if you don't have a hand that can cover up a steak and potato dinner plate-recoil and shot to shot can be difficult-better a larger gun for better control and figure out how to pack it..... works for me for over forty three years now...

dallas don
02-13-2010, 01:13 AM
I have shot all the 9mm Kahr's with all the major available loadings-and I do and did carry Corbon in all my semi automatics daily. Over the past years-make that decades-I have tried playing the game of "find the "magic" bullet-having started back in 1967. Today I think its a question of what are you planning to shoot and where-by that-whats the possibilities? Inside an elevator with one to two targets-then its Silver Glazer or Magsafe-got one to three car lengths of open ground-Corbon in the 115 or 125 grain-getting longer then that Silvertip or GoldenSaber or Federal..For all around the Corbon 125 is my pick-seems to get through what it needs to, expansion at four to six inches of penetration-then keeps going-even an exit now and then-and you must "get to it" to do any harm....
as the gun gets smaller and lighter...if you don't have a hand that can cover up a steak and potato dinner plate-recoil and shot to shot can be difficult-better a larger gun for better control and figure out how to pack it..... works for me for over forty three years now..and I'm still here ...:cool:.but then you never really know until you really do know!
I hope you find what your looking for!
Goodluck

500KV
02-13-2010, 07:55 AM
I love how my little Kahr is rated for +p even when my big Glock 19 isn't.
Welcome to the forum Chris.
FYI..+P is a SAAMI-spec ammunition and the Glock 19 is rated to safely shoot +P ammunition. ;)

hihosilver13
02-13-2010, 10:44 AM
Thanks for the info Dallas, and everybody else. I think It will be Cor Bons for me.

CHLChris
02-13-2010, 10:50 AM
Welcome to the forum Chris.
FYI..+P is a SAAMI-spec ammunition and the Glock 19 is rated to safely shoot +P ammunition. ;)

Oh, I know that it is technically rated for +p and I load my Glock with the same ammo as my PM9, it is just interesting how Glock does NOT try to advertise this fact. If you call them, they will say, "Just try not to feed your Glock a steady diet of those things."

I love both of those pistols. It is just comforting that even my little one is built to take anything I give it...and request, "Yes sir, may I have another?"

jocko
02-13-2010, 11:52 AM
Oh, I know that it is technically rated for +p and I load my Glock with the same ammo as my PM9, it is just interesting how Glock does NOT try to advertise this fact. If you call them, they will say, "Just try not to feed your Glock a steady diet of those things."

I love both of those pistols. It is just comforting that even my little one is built to take anything I give it...and request, "Yes sir, may I have another?"

as much as most of the "good" 9mm ammo is all +P. your kahr willshoot um until the cows come home, as with any glock also. I do like the corbon 125 hp and presently that is whatis in my PM9 now, but I have shot the corbon dpx abnd like that round alot, also the speer 124 gold dots, is just a very hard round to beat also. It is preference as IMO all 3 will do what you want them to to. The main thing is that any defense round must be 100% reliable in your gun, not matter what gun. I find that all 3 of the above mentioned work great in mY PM9, K9 and G19:cheer2::cheer2: