PDA

View Full Version : t9 vs p9 vs K9 recoil - big or small difference?

csman22
04-04-2012, 08:50 AM
I have t-9 and a tp45. I'm thinking of a p9 for carry as its lighter than the k9 - but I'm wondering if there's a big difference in the p9 recoil if compared to the k9 or...since I have one...the t-9. I must admit...I like the poly frames because they do not heat up as much as the steel on extended practice time at the range. Not to mention...they are lighter for cc
thx for any feedback.

Barth
04-04-2012, 11:10 AM
When first interested in Kahr pistols I rented a P40, K40 and P9.
Recoil is subjective, so this is just me talking.
I found the P40 painful and only shot one mag of ammo.
The K40 and P9 were both fine.
I thought the P9 had less recoil than the K40.
But I was more accurate with the K40.
Plus I really wanted a 40 for self defense anyway.
So I bought a MK40 Elite that I still have today.

Can't imagine you would find a P9 recoil any issue at all.
I really think the super light polymer guns are best in 9mm.

ripley16
04-04-2012, 11:12 AM
I have the models in question, as well as a TP9. Here's how I rate them in recoil comparison.
* The T9 and K9 have less felt recoil that either polymer model. You'd expect this. I can't really tell a difference between the two steel models.

* I'd describe the P9, as compared to the T or K, as having just slightly more recoil. Neither gun allow me to shoot very fast, ie: a double tap, but I attribute that to the trigger and not the recoil.

* I consider the TP softer shooting than the P9. I enjoy it as much as the all steel models.

* The P9 is almost the ideal CCW; size, weight, carry ease, features and capabilities all work well together. The K9 is just as nice except for the increased weight.

* If I wanted to also use a laser, I'd opt for the K9 over the P9 as I prefer the more integrated grip laser to the add-on laser made for polymer Kahrs. The weight issue evens out a little bit too.

csman22
04-05-2012, 09:18 AM
Thx for the feedback guys - I appreciate it.

I'm leaning towards the tp or the P9 - lighter than k9 and the laser *might be* a good future option/idea as I plan on having the wife learn so she can use it for home defense.

I may have to pick up a TP9 anyway... because I really like my TP45 but the TP9 is obviously cheeper to shoot.

Thx again

QuercusMax
04-05-2012, 06:09 PM
I have the models in question, as well as a TP9. Here's how I rate them in recoil comparison.

Thank you. This is good info for those of us who own fewer Kahr products than you but who are considering the possibility of more. (I assume I am not the only one here in that condition.)

I have wondered about the very things you commented on... I'm considering the possibility of another Kahr for several very different reasons, and the T9, K9, and PM9 are all on my list. ("So many guns, so little time.")

jocko
04-05-2012, 06:24 PM
Kinda wish now I could at leat put my hands around some kind of a kahr T model, Just none ever around here.

QuercusMax
04-05-2012, 07:12 PM
Another variable or choice that is affecting my decision-making is that the K9 is available in Elite and "regular", while the T9 does not have an Elite model.

Only owning an Elite (MK9) I cannot judge what a non-Elite would be like.

I am not in Sales, but one thing I learned from my friends who are is that "the confused customer does not buy".

I am confused, thus have not (yet) bought another Kahr.

jocko
04-05-2012, 08:00 PM
either K9 internals wold be the same, only exterior of the elite is highly polished T9 would have the elite trigger in it though just not the shinny exterior finish, course umight be spoiled after owning the MK9 elite. that is one damn nice looking handgun

dkmatthews
04-10-2012, 11:35 AM
I have a T9 and a TP45. I like to carry the TP45 because it "feels" lighter but I really enjoy target shooting with the T9.

jocko
04-10-2012, 11:58 AM
if they ever invent a metal material that is aslight as polymer GOODBY POLYMER GUNS. Nothing IMO prettier than an all steel gun. But for me Polymer rules for ccw carry..

chrish
04-10-2012, 02:12 PM
I can't compare the recoil to the metal Kahrs, but I own a P9 and a TP9. Not much difference between the two in the recoil department (IMO). The TP9 is marginally nicer at the range for the extra sight radius, but thats about the only difference. Love them both, looking forward to the day my TP9 is a smooth as my P9, couple thousands rounds of shooting to go to get there.

I need to send both of them to jocko, seems he has an ammo 'well' at his place. He should rent himself out for those of us that don't want to dump a couple thousand rounds ($) into breaking a gun in.

jocko
04-10-2012, 02:31 PM
that would make me a "whore" Just sayin

Tinman507
04-10-2012, 04:18 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-6UZPsj2Jd-k/TlxneZao7XI/AAAAAAAABSM/PR10e1MMIdY/s1600/shut-mouth-face-smiley.jpg

chrish
04-10-2012, 05:51 PM
that would make me a "whore" Just sayin

Wouldn't it make me a reverse pimp?

jocko
04-10-2012, 05:56 PM
humm!!! I'm rethinking my post, never thought of it that way a reverse pimp sounds much better than a whore. so i bow to ur wishs. u pimp fokker!!!