PDA

View Full Version : Anyone shot one of these

chipD
04-09-2012, 08:30 PM
I like my Bersa 380, so I was just wondering if anyone has shot one of these and what they thought of it.

http://www.guns.com/bargain-hunting-bersa-bp-bp9-cc-bp9cc-review.html

Longitude Zero
04-09-2012, 08:38 PM
Be not the first by whom the new are tried...unless they are a true blue real deal great manufacturer. Aka Kahr/Colt/Smith & Wesson/Glock etc.

chipD
04-09-2012, 08:47 PM
Be not the first by whom the new are tried...unless they are a true blue real deal great manufacturer. Aka Kahr/Colt/Smith & Wesson/Glock etc.

I thought that as I was typing. First year teething problems can happen to all of them, even more it seems when they depart from their usual designs.

Longitude Zero
04-09-2012, 08:52 PM
I thought that as I was typing. First year teething problems can happen to all of them, even more it seems when they depart from their usual designs.

The major manufacturers have the R&D and the capabilities for Alpha and Beta testing in house to wring out the majority of the bugs. Smaller firms, not so much. Look at the debacle with the Diamondback as an example of very poor product design/testing/introduction.

It does look interesting tho.

chipD
04-09-2012, 09:19 PM
I think it does look interesting as well, may have to see if the local range has one. I read in America Rifleman on line that the DAO trigger on is 1 pound 8 ounces for the first 1/4 inch then 3 pounds 10 ounces the last 1/4 inch to completion. They seemed to like it in their review.

mr surveyor
04-09-2012, 09:54 PM
I don't particularly like to purchase foreign made products, especially foreign made firearms, and most especially if they have DOA triggers. Too many foreign made products are Dead On Arrival:D

JFootin
04-09-2012, 09:57 PM
Bersa is neither a small or young firearm manufacturer, and make good quality guns with a good reputation.

Frank Drebin bought one. Search for threads by him and you can find it. I think it had to go back to the mother ship once.

chipD
04-09-2012, 10:29 PM
Bersa is neither a small or young firearm manufacturer, and make good quality guns with a good reputation.

Frank Drebin bought one. Search for threads by him and you can find it. I think it had to go back to the mother ship once.

I know I like my little 380 it's reliable and accurate can't ask much more. I just have not seen the BP9cc around here at the local shops.

lowroad
04-10-2012, 07:10 AM
love it!

Ken_K
04-10-2012, 07:24 AM
I've never seen one before until now, haven't really kept up with Bersa. Like JFootin said they aren't a small or young company and from my understanding make a pretty good pistol.

Popeye
04-10-2012, 09:58 AM
I'm another one who liked the BT.380. I carried it for about 6 months. Bersa seems to be a good company with quite a following. That pistol might not be a tack driver at the range but I'll bet it has plenty good enough accuracy for CC.

DLButler
04-10-2012, 10:48 AM
Glad to hear the good recommendations for the Bersa. I am looking at getting the Thunder 380 Combat at the next gun show. I like the larger size. I have a Browning BDA380 but I don't want to shoot it much, I would like to keep it fairly pristine. I believe it has no more than 500 rounds thru it. The Bersa looks to be close the the size of my CW45 and that fits me well.

chipD
04-10-2012, 03:02 PM
I have not seen the combat I'll have to keep an eye out for it. The trigger in the BP9CC is interesting to me as both articles I have read state that it is smooth and breaks crisp. The trigger at three pounds ten ounces with a short reset, crisp break, and smooth to boot sounds fun to shoot to me.