PDA

View Full Version : Mitch Rosen Belt-Slide Holster

rkirk
02-13-2010, 11:23 AM
Has anyone used this holster? I am thinking a pancake holster is hard to beat. After trying a borrowed Don Hume IWB clip holster and now back to one of his leather pancake holsters, I find I like the Pancake. Do you think a better made pancake would work even better?

-- Richard

hdawson
02-13-2010, 12:53 PM
Once I added the Crimson Trace laser to my CW9 I bght the Mitch Rosen "express" belt holster. Really fine leather work. Works/looks well even when dressed up.

peterj
02-13-2010, 01:08 PM
I just got one last week for my PM9 from Kahr shop. So far, so good. Seems to hold the gun nice and tight to the body, comfortable and thin. It's just starting to break in so I might have a better feeling in another week or so.

hsart
02-13-2010, 03:13 PM
Has anyone used this holster? I am thinking a pancake holster is hard to beat. After trying a borrowed Don Hume IWB clip holster and now back to one of his leather pancake holsters, I find I like the Pancake. Do you think a better made pancake would work even better?

-- Richard
For the price nothing is better IMO. I have one for my PM45. I broke it in after a days use on my belt and about 100 simulated draws (which you can do holding the holster in one hand and handgun in the other). Never used the quik-slide lotion that MR and Galco sell but I hear that it works well for break-in.

ripley16
02-13-2010, 04:00 PM
I had one for a P45, and it is a good holster, however, having used it I found I prefered the Galco Concealable to the Mitch Rosen.

Later I discovered the Mitch Rosen Premier, similar to the slide but with a snap on style that I much prefer.

jwr
02-13-2010, 09:26 PM
I haven't tried the MR but I agree with your thoughts on a pancake holster. Hard to beat as long as you can conceal it. I have two Bullard Bandits now and both are very comfortable and pull the gun in nice and tight.

A snap-on like Ripley mentioned would be nice but these are fine for the price. Usually when I'm wearing a pancake I put it on in the morning and take it off when I go to bed. But if I had to put it on and take it off frequently during the day I'd definitely be looking at a snap-on.

I've had the little one for my P238 for months and just got the one for my CW9 last week. The fit if both guns in their respective holsters is very good.

http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn69/jerrywrussell/cw9-bandit-100.jpg

rkirk
02-14-2010, 10:42 AM
Thank you all for the ideas! I saw an idea on the defensive carry forum that took an IWB holster and reversed the belt clips, making the IWB into a OWB holster. Because this holster was like a Crossbreed Super Tuck, it wrapped around from in front to behind the hip and pulled the pistol really tight. Because I have a Crossbreed IWB I will try this out. In this experiment the holster clips went over the belt facing in. Not the holster between the belt and pants. This might work because the Holster can be adjusted for both high and low in addition to cant. I will give it a try and post some photos.

-- Richard

rkirk
02-14-2010, 11:33 AM
Okay, that was a really bad idea. Or at least it did not work for me! The Crossbreed works much better the way it was designed. IWB holsters work differently in the same size pants from different makers. It drive me crazy! I really like pancake holsters better. It is that when you need to hid a pistol deep and want to look tucked in without a cover garment its hard to do with out an IWB tuck!

-- Richard

rkirk
02-14-2010, 11:44 AM
I am back in the pancake! These pants work well with the IWB, but guess what? The IWB did not actually conceal under a cover garment any better than the pancake holster! So why suffer any discomfort! I will be a little sloppy in the summer. After all I am now an old codger!

-- Richard

Jeremiah/Az
02-21-2010, 03:01 PM
I just ordered the Mitch Rosen belt slide for my P380. I have a Galco for my PM9, but Galco doesn't make it for the P380. The 2 look almost identical. I cannot comfortably carry IWB.

gabell
02-22-2010, 05:44 PM
I use the Mitch Rosen belt slide holster for my P45 and love it.

gabell
02-23-2010, 04:43 PM
I purchased a Mitch Rosen belt-slide holster for my P45, and love it.
Fits well.
Holds the gun closely to the body.
Don't know it's there.

rkirk
02-23-2010, 05:34 PM
Thanks for the information about the Mitch Rosen holster sold by the Kahr shop. I notice this holster does not have a body shield, is that a problem for anyone? I am wondering as I have decided to order this as my main carry holster. The holster I am using has a body shield, but when I have it in front of my hip that part of the holster is out from the body. Anyway I look forward to carrying my CW9 in this holster.

-- Richard