PDA

View Full Version : Frank Sinatra Sang that Love is Lovelier...

m9x18
04-14-2012, 03:50 PM
...The second time around. Well, maybe in romance but, for sure with the MK9. I took it out to the range again and I can almost swear it was better the second time around. This time I was paying more attention to minor details and the gun’s personality traits, rather than just checking for raw function. I got the impression that I could almost feel things actually smoothing out and becoming more harmonious with every trigger pull. That’s hard to believe as everything was already smooth to begin with right out of the box. But like many of you said, this pistol only gets better as time and bullets fly.

After another great day on the range, I went home and cleaned the weapon. I inspected for burrs and cracks. There were none to be found. I examined the wear patterns and rub marks. And as it turns out, everything seems to be mating properly and working very well together. There were no negative issues at all. The trigger pull seems to be even more buttery than it was on its maiden voyage to the range. As a matter of fact, this time out, it was more like a shakedown cruise, and the little MK9 passed with flying colors!

Boy oh boy! What a sweet little firearm! I’m sure glad I listened to so many of you and picked up a MK9. Kahr sure knew what it was doing when it made this little gem!

jocko
04-14-2012, 04:48 PM
Having never shot an MK I can only droll and dream. nice report..

O'Dell
04-15-2012, 01:06 PM
Yep, nice little pistol. Mine's a MK40 but they pretty much the some. No problems at all, and although they're the same size, I shoot the MK40 better than my PM9.

m9x18
04-15-2012, 03:51 PM
The MK40 sounds like a neat combination of small size, reasonable weight, excellent reliability and decisive firepower all wrapped up in one package.

JimC
04-17-2012, 11:31 AM
I looked at a MK9 w/NS a couple of weeks ago at a LGS while I was looking for something else. It was the first one that I had ever seen.
I immediately knew we were intended for each other so...I handed it right back to the counter guy and said thanks before I gave in. :(
That is a very nice feeling pistol. I like the heft and weight far better than my PM9. ;)

Barth
04-18-2012, 01:20 PM
My MK40 Elite is nothing but sweet - LOL!
It's hard to believe how well the little gun runs full power 40 cal.
I've never shot the 9mm version but it has to be even better.

O'Dell
04-18-2012, 02:17 PM
I looked at a MK9 w/NS a couple of weeks ago at a LGS while I was looking for something else. It was the first one that I had ever seen.
I immediately knew we were intended for each other so...I handed it right back to the counter guy and said thanks before I gave in. :(
That is a very nice feeling pistol. I like the heft and weight far better than my PM9. ;)

I greatly favor light weight in a pistol, especially one for pocket carry. I sorta wish my MK40 was a bit lighter, because I can't pocket carry it, but I certainly can my PM9. Aluminum frame, Kahr??

m9x18
04-18-2012, 02:31 PM
I would like very much to try a MK40. As for my MK9, I agree with those who like the heft of it. The weight not only helps control recoil and facilitate quick follow-up shots, but it adds to the overall balance of the gun. I'm *VERY* happy with this Kahr product. Right now, I can only imagine how cool it must be to have the .40 S&W version.

Barth
04-18-2012, 02:35 PM
I greatly favor light weight in a pistol, especially one for pocket carry. I sorta wish my MK40 was a bit lighter, because I can't pocket carry it, but I certainly can my PM9. Aluminum frame, Kahr??

Pocket carry?
Alloy frame, titanium cylinder, stainless barrel Centennial.
11.1 oz empty and 13.5 oz loaded with 5 135 gr GDHP SB 38 +P.

Actually I'd love a MK9 Light with an alloy frame a al Sig Sauer.

Calling Mr Moon.
(Actually calling his super hot wife - LOL!
Ops, did I say that out loud?)

m9x18
04-18-2012, 03:02 PM
This is all very interesting. I think even Kimber offers their Solo with an aluminum alloy frame. With that gun however, Kimber only recommends premium hollow point ammunition with bullet weights ranging from 124 to 147 grains. Maybe Kahr can outdo that with an alloy frame version of the MK9 capable of effectively firing any common grain of bullet weight with any common or exotic bullet shape.

O'Dell
04-18-2012, 03:03 PM
Pocket carry?
Alloy frame, titanium cylinder, stainless barrel Centennial.
11.1 oz empty and 13.5 oz loaded with 5 135 gr GDHP SB 38 +P.

Actually I'd love a MK9 Light with an alloy frame a al Sig Sauer.

Except, I don't do revolvers. Of my sixteen pistols, seven have aluminum frames, seven, polymer, and two, steel. The aluminum frames are one reason I've been a SIG fan for thirty years.

Barth
04-18-2012, 03:39 PM
This is all very interesting. I think even Kimber offers their Solo with an aluminum alloy frame. With that gun however, Kimber only recommends premium hollow point ammunition with bullet weights ranging from 124 to 147 grains. Maybe Kahr can outdo that with an alloy frame version of the MK9 capable of effectively firing any common grain of bullet weight with any common or exotic bullet shape.

Solo is SA striker rather than DAO.
Requires cocked and locked carry like a P938.

m9x18
04-18-2012, 04:00 PM
Solo is SA striker rather than DAO.
Requires cocked and locked carry like a P938.

I didn't realize that. Thanks for shedding light on that aspect. Like I thought, this forum has some very knowledgeable people.

Robert

JimC
04-18-2012, 04:42 PM

I'm not real big on pocket carry except for those times when nothing else will do so that wouldn't be an issue for me.
For those very rare occasions that I must pocket carry, I could always go back to the PM9.
Hummm...;)
I just checked Buds site, they offer the MK9 @ $608.00 LE price shipped. :)