PDA

View Full Version : Friends HK USP 9mm at the range

Knight92
04-23-2012, 08:06 PM
My friend and I went shooting the other day he had not been shooting in about a year and a half. He brought his 5.56 and HK USP 9mm, the 5.56 shot well the HK not so much. His groupings where better than mine but every forth or fifth round would jam up while the CW9 ate all the brass I could feed it :hungry:. Just made my heart feel a little warm and fuzzy knowing the CW9 out performed the high-end HK USP.

O'Dell
04-24-2012, 01:48 PM
There's something wrong with this picture. I've had several HK's and still have three, and I have never seen one fail to fire for any reason, except once when I forgot to insert a magazine in my USP 40. They are known for outstanding reliability under any condition, so I think there's more to this story.

ripley16
04-24-2012, 06:07 PM
There's something wrong with this picture. ... so I think there's more to this story.

Ditto. The USP is known as uber reliable. Anything can break or wear, but HK's reliability is rock solid. I've had 7 Kahrs, resulting in scores of miss', mostly in two of the 7. I've got 6 HKs and the only miss was "crap for ammo" that wouldn't work in any gun.

Now, HKs and Kahrs serve two different purposes, different standards of end user expectations, and so on. Hard to readily compare the two. I've always said; my dream gun is a Kahr sized dedicated carry gun made to HK standards and quality. Justin and Helmut should join forces. ;)

Barth
04-24-2012, 06:33 PM
+1
My HK USP 45 compact was bulletproof.
I couldn't hit the broadside of a barn with it.
But that was user error and no fault of the gun.

I've got a real hard time with this one???

Knight92
04-24-2012, 07:16 PM
I talked with him about it today after O'dell posted and he said there was something wrong with the magazines. I was standing next to him and he could not go more than five shots without jamming. He said it might have been the ammo used but it was Sellier & Bellot 115 grain, which from what I have read was/is good stuff. Like I said in the original post it had not been fired in about a year and half and it might have been dry. I only know what I saw