PDA

View Full Version : Wood Grips for MK-9?

thinktwice
04-27-2012, 08:51 PM
Hey guys, I want to put a nice set of the Kahr wood grips on my MK-9 Elite. My serial # doesn't start with the GA however it does start with GB, so I guess it's close to the manufacture dates of the GA ser. numbers. I know they won't fit the GA's without some alteration, so I was just wondering if the GB ser. number would require some alteration also? I know I could call Kahr for this information, but if figure some of you guys would know also. Thanks

monkeyapeman
04-28-2012, 09:37 AM
They don't have the grips in stock anyways with no time table of getting them in; ive been trying to score Some too. As for whether or not they can be made to fit, sorry I don't really know. Good luck bro

44 Deerslayer
05-09-2012, 08:56 AM
They don't have the grips in stock anyways with no time table of getting them in; ive been trying to score Some too. As for whether or not they can be made to fit, sorry I don't really know. Good luck bro
New member, long time shooter here. I bought a new MK40 last week and ordered the checkered wood grips yesterday. Just got an email from Kahr today saying they have been shipped. They are available.:)

Barth
05-09-2012, 02:37 PM
I've got smooth and checkered for my MK40.
Neither fit.

Bawanna is our resident wood grip expert.
PM the big guy and get the skinny on what you're thinking.

Bawanna
05-09-2012, 02:40 PM
Operators are standing by, send that PM now!

I'm here to help if I can.

44 Deerslayer
05-17-2012, 04:35 PM
I installed the checkered wood grips on my MK40 today. As advertised, some fitting was required. Both grips needed about 1/16 taken out near the bottom to fit flush and the right grip screw holes were off slightly as well.

A little work with my dremel and they fit perfectly. They are slightly wider and do give a much better grip on the gun. I like them, they are a worthwhile addition.

pitandkahr
05-17-2012, 04:37 PM
I installed the checkered wood grips on my MK40 today. As advertised, some fitting was required. Both grips needed about 1/16 taken out near the bottom to fit flush and the right grip screw holes were off slightly as well.

A little work with my dremel and they fit perfectly. They are slightly wider and do give a much better grip on the gun. I like them, they are a worthwhile addition.

got pics to share?

Bawanna
05-17-2012, 04:40 PM
That's weird, I sent a set to Tinman and it was the same story. Had to remove some material on the inside and the right side screws didn't line up.

His factory grips fit my K40 perfectly as did the wood ones I made. But they don't fit his gun. I'm completely bamboozled on these things, I really am.

44 Deerslayer
05-17-2012, 06:30 PM
Here are some pictures.

http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/medium/Kahr_MK40_001.JPG

http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/medium/Kahr_MK40_003.JPG

Cokeman
05-17-2012, 10:46 PM
Nice!

pitandkahr
05-18-2012, 05:45 AM
Thank you!! Very nice!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk