PDA

View Full Version : P-40 Owners

thinktwice
04-30-2012, 03:29 PM
I have a chance to buy a P-40 with night sights at a pretty good price. It's an older one (ser# ZA4xxxx) but is in like new condition. I would just like to know if there are any problems with this model or anything I should be concerned with, and how you guys like yours? By the way I can get it for $300.00 with 2 mags no box or manual. Thanks

jocko
04-30-2012, 04:04 PM
might be early 2005 model,so IMO that price is is really good , U might w3ant6tocheck to see if the night sights are still WORKING AS NIGHT SIGHTS as if they were installed back in 05 I would besurprised if they are still working. Still the price is IMO a good price. any chance u can test shoot it . U cvan tgo on the kahr webb sit and pull up their pdf ON THE OWNERS MANUAL on ur P40 which will give u some good pointers on disassembly etc. Will a gun shop giv eu any warranty along with it, sch as working OK and reliable??? Ur warranty is gone with kahr so possably if u had any issues u wold be out at least the maling to and from..

thinktwice
04-30-2012, 05:06 PM
Thanks Jocko, the night sights are nice and bright, the owner (a friend of mine) had them installed last year. I did shoot the pistol about 3 months ago before he decided he needed to sell it do to some $$ problems. Anyway it ran good we didn't put but about 100 rounds through it at that time. As all small Kahrs sending a 40 Cal. down range it was a bit snappy, but anyone would expect that and I am not recoil sensitive anyway.

jocko
04-30-2012, 05:08 PM
u best jump on that gun the price is exfellent andu can always magna port it if u want it to tame down some. The night sights being so new is just icing on the cake. The P40 is just kashrs best polymer mid framer gun IMO...

Brent
04-30-2012, 05:10 PM
My P40 shoots great. No regrets purchasing it.

http://i1024.photobucket.com/albums/y302/BrentRFC/Kahr/KahrP40-1.jpg

TheTman
04-30-2012, 06:40 PM
Sounds to me like you got a good deal.

thinktwice
04-30-2012, 07:45 PM
yeah it's kinda hard to turn down a good deal like this huh, my only concern was the age. I am not sure when they started making the P-40 just want to make sure they worked out any little problems they may have had. Like I said I shot it and it did fine, so I think I am going to go ahead and buy it.

wyntrout
04-30-2012, 07:51 PM
That sounds like a good deal. The night sights are supposed to lose half their brightness in 12 years... half life of Tritium... GREEN... the orange is a lot less... 5 years(?). I had my K9's replaced by Trijicon at 12 years because it had become harder to acquire them in the dark. The are BRIGHT now and it only cost $18 per lamp... $54 including return postage. I shipped the slide up USPS priority for about $8.

Wynn:)

TucsonMTB
04-30-2012, 07:58 PM
I have a chance to buy a P-40 with night sights at a pretty good price. It's an older one (ser# ZA4xxxx) but is in like new condition. I would just like to know if there are any problems with this model or anything I should be concerned with, and how you guys like yours? By the way I can get it for $300.00 with 2 mags no box or manual. Thanks
Awesome deal! http://home.mindspring.com/%7Ejustsomeguy/thumbsup.gif

If you were in the Tucson area I would ask you to pass him on to me if you decide not to purchase it. Cash money standing by . . . but, you should jump on it.

Yeah, I am a "fotay" kind of a guy where Kahr's are concerned.