PDA

View Full Version : Have any of you tried......

WMD
02-16-2010, 03:10 PM
laser sights from Laserlyte?

LaserLyte : Rear Sight Laser : Laser Gun Sights : Laser Bore Tools : Pistol Bayonet (http://www.laserlyte.com/)

They look pretty cool but I am not feeling to good about having to put my thumb across the back of the slide to turn them on or change to "pulse" mode.

I can easily see the possibility of some one blowing their thumb off while turning on their laserlyte site. Picture a high stress situation or competitive environment. Any type of situation that requires you turn that sight on in a hurry. You would have to ensure your finger is NEVER on the trigger! I am not sure I would have that presence of mind in such a situation.

The concept goes against any type of training I have ever had (keep your hand/digits away from the back of the slide).

I am not even sure they even make them for the Kahr pistols but thought I would get your collective thoughts on the matter.

What do you think?

SHOOTER13
02-16-2010, 03:24 PM
I own a LaserLyte FSL Compact Laser Lighting System that I have mounted on a Kel Tec PF-9...

Works great...adds hardly anything to the weight / concealability of the weapon.

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj239/Gunnutz13/avatars/MY%20GUNS/KELTECPF9-2.jpg

02-17-2010, 06:39 PM
I think WMD is referring to the laserlyte unit that mounts in the rear dovetail replacing the rear sight. I have checked them out. Neat concept but WMD has a point. The on/off switch requires one to place their thumb across the back of the slide. That seems like an accident waiting to happen.

Bawanna
02-17-2010, 08:24 PM
I haven't used them but saw a set. Besides all the issues that WMD mentioned they just look bulky, awkward and to gadgetry to this ole steel and wood gun guy.
I think I'll stick with my XS's and look into a grip mounted cup holder ?

recoilguy
02-18-2010, 08:30 AM
I have not seen on in action and know they are very limited in there selection of guns they are available for. There is a guy on the CZ site that has made an adapter for the Glock RL-1 to fit a Rami. Those who have it on the CZ forum report good things.

It does make sense to be aprehensive about how it is activated however. The do seem kind of clunky for CCw to me. But that is only an opinion without ever having actually seen one in real life. Only pictures.

RCG

WMD
02-19-2010, 01:26 PM
You bring up a good point about the "Clunky" factor. I had not considered that. they are a bit on the large side. They would probably be OK on the CCW gun but not an optimum choice. I think I will pass.....

Bawanna
02-19-2010, 02:22 PM
To me looking cool is everything and those just don't seem to qualify. Your exactly right though, they might be good for ccw where nobody see's em.
Cool over practical. Rather have a pretty 56 Chevy in the driveway with no motor than a shiney new Prius. Just not cool.:cool:

WMD
02-25-2010, 02:49 PM
Rather have a pretty 56 Chevy in the driveway with no motor than a shiney new Prius. Just not cool.:cool:

That was too funny! (but oh so true!) :D

skychief12
11-09-2010, 02:35 PM
I'm not concerned with issues raised here. So I'll bump this up to see if anyone has actual experience the LaserLyte on the Kahr?

steve666
11-10-2010, 06:05 AM
The current issue of Gun Tests magazine gives them a "C", laser grips got an "A" and the laser guide rod got a "B".