PDA

View Full Version : P380 Newbie ?

Rabbit
02-17-2010, 12:41 AM
Ok - I'll give this one more try.

I own an MK9 and PM9. Love 'em both and shoot them well without much practice.

Picked up a new P380 and shot 60 rounds thru it and have found consisntently hitting low - dead center but low. at 10 yards and 5 yards will hit bottom and edges of 5" circle and lower when holding on the top of circle. At 10 yards have to aim at top of paper (5" high) to hit crc. Gun shoots consistent - just low.

I am used to Kahr trigger pull and length however gun is considerably smaller for my hand. What does it sound like I am doing wrong ? and more importantly what can I do to fix.

I intended to get XS big dots but don't want to complicate until I resolve the issue ? Suggestions ???

jocko
02-17-2010, 01:52 AM
Maybe change your sight picture to see more of the front sight..

emt16711
02-17-2010, 08:05 AM
I love my P380 as well and I find that it shoots a little low to, but that’s when I remind myself that it is a contact distance to 7 yard gun and for that purpose it works just fine. You have an excellent plan on the XS sights. I’m about to ship my slide to KAHR for the same.

jocko
02-17-2010, 08:52 AM
I love my P380 as well and I find that it shoots a little low to, but that’s when I remind myself that it is a contact distance to 7 yard gun and for that purpose it works just fine. You have an excellent plan on the XS sights. I’m about to ship my slide to KAHR for the same.

put on my P380 by kahr and they are awesome. a t 10 yards and under I shoot the darn gun better than I do my PM9. they are the most accurate little 380 I have ever shot. really a nice gun, my problem is that I hardly ever carry it as my PM9 seems to trump any of my 380's for pocket carry. Just can't seemt o give up the 9mm firepower for the 380 round.
Still the kahr 380 is in a class all by its own , IMO.

racuda
02-17-2010, 07:16 PM
Mine shoots low too, although since I accidentally removed the white dot on the front sight my accuracy improved.

I sent my slide to Kahr for the 3 dot trijicons. I should get it back tomorrow. It will be interesting to see how I shoot with the new sights. Trijicons are whats on my Springfield XD9 subcompact so I'm used to them.

In-Yo-Grill
02-18-2010, 06:22 AM
I took my wife's new P380 to the range yesterday and it's right on. The furthest I shot was 7yrds but man was I surprised. You just have to remember that because it's such a small gun with a short barrel that the slightest change in your sight picture will dramatically change the POA.

recoilguy
02-18-2010, 08:20 AM
Maybe change your sight picture to see more of the front sight..

This is a good suggestion, I have CZ Rami that shoots low also, so I have to remember when I am shooting that gun to get the front dot in a pyrimad as opposed to a straight line to hit be on target. it is a bummer to have to remember which gun you are shooting so you can remember how to aim it. Good luck I hope you can resolve the problem.

RCG

deadhead1971
02-18-2010, 09:23 AM
don't use a 6 o'clock hold. put the front sight over (not above) the target, not under it