PDA

View Full Version : Range report -- T9 & NEW T40

dkmatthews
05-07-2012, 11:30 AM
I've finished the prescribed break-in period for my new T40, now. That little devil is fun and a sweet shooter! :D

I've been rollin' my own ammo in .40s&w for a couple of years for my Glocks, so I decided to put some through the T40. It was just as smooth as silk and as reliable as factory ammo. Loved shooting it! The groups were nice and tight!

I just got started making my own 9x19, so I wanted to try it out in the T9 and a friend's Taurus PT709. It turns out the Kahr T9 gobbled up the homebrew 9mm ammo as pretty as you please. The Taurus, though, was more fickle. There were some FTF and some FTE issues with those loads in the Taurus, so I'm going to experiment with the OAL and increasing the charge a little.

Bawanna
05-07-2012, 11:42 AM
Outstanding report. The kind of report that I enjoy immensely.

Where have you been lately? I thought you stepped off the end of the world way over on your end of it, the edge can't be too far east of you.

dkmatthews
05-07-2012, 11:48 AM
I was caught up last week with a heavy load of work and a conference. The weekend before that was spent with my two monkeys (I just wish I had more time with them). This weekend just past was all about the joys of home-ownership, e.g. house work, yard work, etc, etc.

I'm going to be even busier in the week ahead...

Bawanna
05-07-2012, 12:51 PM
I tried that busy schedule stuff once. Didn't agree with me much.

Just remember none of what you mentioned is an excuse to abandon your kahrtalk pals for any length of time.
You can give up stopping to smell the roses but not taking a break for kahrtalk is ferbottin. I think that's Ethiopian for not allowed.

You guys didn't know I was multi lingual huh?

dkmatthews
05-07-2012, 01:02 PM
You're so right, brother!

Thankfully, whoever runs this waterin' hole was kind enough to link it up with Tapatalk so I can read it and get language lessons from you on my phone!