PDA

View Full Version : Swamp People Mitchell Guist Dead

Tinman507
05-14-2012, 05:27 PM
Just saw this:

http://tv.yahoo.com/news/mitchell-guist-of--swamp-people--dies.html

jocko
05-14-2012, 05:34 PM
he was my uncle, may he rest in peace. tell me would u rather meethim in the woods at night or a alligator???Just sayin.

He wrote the book/movie called DELIVERENCE. :blah:

Tinman507
05-14-2012, 05:38 PM
http://justinglover.com/wp-content/uploads/dr_phil_you_need_help.jpg

getsome
05-15-2012, 09:53 AM
Dang I sure hate to hear that...Mitchell and his brother Glen were the best characters on the show although I'm pretty sure their family tree didn't have too many branches....RIP Mitchell...:(

Tinman507
05-15-2012, 10:34 AM
They were/are sure entertaining.

I understand Mitch left his brother Glen the family tooth since he won't be needing it anymore.

Ok, God is going to get me for that. I am sorry.

O'Dell
05-15-2012, 02:48 PM
This may be a silly question, but who the heck are 'swamp people'?

jocko
05-15-2012, 02:54 PM
they are two grades above kentucky people and one grade above Georgia people: Just sayin.

O'Dell
05-15-2012, 03:01 PM
they are two grades above kentucky people and one grade above Georgia people: Just sayin.

Well, I still don't who or what they are, but I have a big problem with your description.

Tinman507
05-15-2012, 03:22 PM
O' Dell,

It's a show on the History Channel about some Louisiana gator hunters. It's a fun show that shows some very determined Cajun folks making a living by hunting gators.

Mitchell Guist was one of the more colorful characters.

Hope that answers your questions.

O'Dell
05-15-2012, 03:28 PM
O' Dell,

It's a show on the History Channel about some Louisiana gator hunters. It's a fun show that shows some very determined Cajun folks making a living by hunting gators.

Mitchell Guist was one of the more colorful characters.

Hope that answers your questions.

Thank you. I quit watching the History Channel years ago when they stopped programming "history" programs and decided to be an entertainment outlet. I do watch History 2 or History International occasionally as they run some of the older programs.

Tinman507
05-15-2012, 03:29 PM
I'm with you. I occasionally do watch the reality shows du jour but H2 and others are cooler.

yqtszhj
05-15-2012, 03:57 PM
When the SHTF the swamp people are the only ones that will be living their normal lifestyle. Most of the rest of us will be improvising to one extent or the other. I'll take them as buddies. They're not doing any dooms day prepping. They are ready now.

Looks like most of them have relatively tight knit families too. By the way that Troy guy is $$$ RICH $$$ and he gets to hunt and/or fish all day. So who are the smart ones???? Just sayin.

O'Dell
05-15-2012, 04:01 PM
I'm with you. I occasionally do watch the reality shows du jour but H2 and others are cooler.

Back in the eighties and early nineties 95% of my TV time was the History channel, The learning Channel, and Discovery. I don't remember when I watched any of them the last time. Even the Weather Channel has decided to do entertainment programming instead of telling us what the weather is going to do. I work outside and drive a convertible and motorcycle, so the weather is important to me. I have to get it off my computer now.